“Rooftop fun!” 4 of 5 stars

403-609-0222
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iron Goat Pub and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 104 restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: eagle terrace
Windsor, Canada
“Rooftop fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This restaurant offers a 360 degree view of Banff and surrounding mountains. The rooftop restaurant is unique. The food is really good and the atmosphere is perfect for a vacation spot.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Shalimar, Florida
“Has it all, good, service, and view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Really good food, great service, enough choices to please everyone. To top all that off, a killer view of the mountains. We ( party of 6, parents, our grown children, and their significant others) ate here when another place couldn't seat us..... Went back at least two more times. That says it all

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

3 of dined here in early September.... our food was average, the fries were terrible. It's a nice space with nice windows.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Redcliffe
“Thanks for the tip...Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

So when a customer of my hubby's found out we were travelling Canada's West Coast, his first words were - go to Canmore there is an awesome pub there with the best view!! Sure ok!! It was a bit of an overcast day but the clouds cleared for us and after we walked through the awesome front doors he was pretty spot on - a spectacular view of the Rockies awaited us. Seated by the window straight away we were hit with great service. Local knowledge and real understanding of their food and beverage menu meant we did not want to leave. The beer was a bit hoppy for my liking but the well priced cocktail to follow hit the spot.

Now the food - WOW!! Duck wings to as an entree followed by bison ribs and a game meatloaf as mains. I have to admit we did peruse the menu before heading overseas which lead to the dare for me to try the game meatloaf - bison, elf and lamb - really? Unbelievable. The way I described it to my folks - the biggest a*#e rissole and best meal I have had so far this trip!!

Had to sneak to the ladies throughout the night and was impressed as I walked down the stairs you could see into the cellar!! I wish!! Also I wish on the leather seats in the bathrooms!!

In closing if I lived in Canmore this would be my local!! Somewhere I would want to hang out frequently (the pub not the toilets)!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Good Food -Amazing Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We arrived about 7:00pm, and asked for a seat on the patio. The patio was busy, but a table opened up after about 5 minutes. We decided to have salads for our mains, and shared the crab and lobster dip. The dip was tasty, and came with spicy tortilla chips (I think the seafood was imitation, but I didn't ask). DH had the BLT salad, which came with butter lettuce, cheese cubes and lots of bacon pieces(and a spicy ranch dressing). He ordered the special beer - a chai lager - interesting, was his comment, but not something he would order again. I had the coconut shrimp salad, which came with a tasty mango dressing and more of the spicy tortilla chips. The shrimp were delicious, but I would have liked to have more than three!
We watched the sun set over the mountains - the view was amazing. A great place to come on a summer evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Food