“Felt pampered the whole weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Silver Creek Lodge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1818 Mountain Ave, Canmore, Alberta T1W 3M3, Canada   |
Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Canmore
Sherwood Park
“Felt pampered the whole weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

This was a great hotel to stay at. The service was exceptional, the spa was the best I've experienced in a long time, Wild Orchid Restaurant was great. We will be booking our next trip there again soon.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

My husband and I decided to travel to Canada for our end of the summer vacation. We chose to make Banff one of our last stops, and found the Silver Creek Lodge in Canmore online and decided to stay there. It looked really nice, took pets and we could use it as our base, then make day trips into the park. I booked our reservation online, and paid in advance. We arrived at the Lodge, and my husband checked in, or at least tried to. The girl behind the desk couldn't find our reservation, after realizing it was in my name that was cleared up and both of the clerks behind the desk agreed, and stated to my husband that our stay was already paid for. After settling in our room, which was very nice, we decided to see if we could stay an extra night. After my husband checked with the front desk clerk, it was cleared for us to stay an additional night. Our credit card or payment of any kind was never asked for. Only after we got home did the nightmare begin. My next credit card statement had a charge on it for two nights, or $300.00 additiona charge. I phoned my credit card company (CitiBank) and they told me that they would take care of it. Needless to say, they didn't. Over the next two and a half months we continued to battle for our refund with CitiBank before we finally had to pay all the charges and call Silver Creek Lodge ourselves. We were passed off, ignored, and treated very poorly by staff and the manager Ted Bailey. We had to constantly repeat ourselves, (don't they write anything down?) and sent numerous emails to staff and Ted with our dispute information, only to be ignored over and over again. I agree with the reviews by MissSpring and Winnifredlei, this was the worst part of our entire trip. Since all of this began, both my husband and I (we both work in public service) have told as many people as possible about Silver Creek Lodge and our negative experience with them....that is still ongoing!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Manitoba
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

We are frequent travelers across Canada and has never given a negative review to any place we stayed: this is the first time. We would have given them a "minus" points if we could.

Traveling with extended family for the first time, we were extra careful and even took tours of different suites during our visit to the Rockies in the summer. The suites look great during the quick tour, service were hard to get but we thought we clean-up after ourselves pretty well so service is not our priority. We then decided on one of our biggest mistakes.

In December, we returned with our extended family and stayed here for 2 nights in their two-bedroom suites. The first thing we noticed was that one of the suites' door lock failed to work. We had to call front desk which was of course a big hassle. Next thing we realized was the bottle opener broke, the dishwasher also failed on us. We called front desk again and waited as long as if you're going through one of the government hotlines. Then the washroom door couldn't be locked, another washroom door has a big crack in the glass that you can easily cut yourself if you're not careful, the closet door to the washer/dryer could be closed so any laundry done made huge noises... we were then already tired of calling front desk. The suites were nicely built but very poorly maintained, front desk wasn't helpful either. Staying there made us more tired than before when one thing after another broke; guys in our trip just wanted to fix it instead of waiting for that invisible someone to come ;)

The rest of our trip went well in other establishments... then we got the bill, and got overcharged $200. We were told that no damages were charged but wasn't offered any explanation on the overcharge. We contacted them about 10 times over 2 weeks, each time we were told that the issue will be looked at by management and that we will be contacted the next couple days, of course no one ever called and we still initiated all of the contacts. It got to the point when we had to open up a case with the credit card company to withdraw payment and right after then they issued us a refund.

Bottom line is, if you decide to go with this lodge, be prepared to walk into nicely decorated but poorly maintained suites, lots of headaches during your stay and more after you leave.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I was at Silver Creek Lodge over my children's Christmas break and they absolutely loved it. My children enjoyed the fact that there was a DVD Playrer in the room and before we went skiing each day, they were able to have a great breakfast in the room before heading to the hill. After returning from skiing, they soaked int he hot tub, had food delivered to the room and movie night. This was a great place for my children to relax.
As for my time there, it was unbelievable as although the children were with m, I had my own room with a television and was able to relax and enjoy as much as they did. Thank you Silver Creek Lodge, you made my children's Christmas Break.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

We had an awesome gir's weekend at Silver Creek Lodge. The 2 bedroom was beautiful and had everything you could dream of needing. Service was awesome and the hot tubs so relaxing. It was the perfect place to stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
yohosam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I travel exiensively across the globe and found this Magical Place in the Mountains..."The Silver Creek Lodge" I was overwelmed by the ambience and attentive staff who really cared. If you want the experience of your life THIS IS THE PLACE!!!

TRUELY MOUNTAIN ZEN

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Victoria, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

We came to Canmore to get out of the city and to sit back and relax away from our busy lifestyles. We were more than impressed with the ambience of the hotel and graciously welcomed by the front end management. As you walk past the spa towards the outside hot tub pools, there are showers, change areas and a steam room to use for guests. We sat out in the evening air around the tables and chairs around the deck and music from the spa filtered out into the early evening. Both of us decided we would be back to ski in the coming winter with such wonderful facilities at your fingertips. THANK YOU!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!