“Tranquil mountain retreat.” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1818 Mountain Ave, Canmore, Alberta T1W 3M3, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
“Tranquil mountain retreat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited recently. We enjoyed a fireplace and soaker tub in our Zen inspired room and relaxed in an outdoor hot tub while snow flakes fell from the sky. Breathtaking mountain views from our rooms window. My partner and I decided to make this a regular relaxation destination.

• Stayed November 2013
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you babyblaze for staying with us and we are glad to know that you and your partner will be back....so romantic being in the hot tubs with snow lightly falling......

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boyfriend booked a weeked in this hotel in October and we were very happy with the room and the service. The room was wonderful and very comfortable. The one thing we really loved was waking up to a really goregous view of the mountians right ouside our window. We only stayed for the weekend but I wish we coud have stayed longer! The bedroom was pretty cozy and the fireplace was a nice touch.
We had dinner downstairs on our first night at the Wild Orchid Bistro which is gluten free. The staff was friendly and made sure we were satisfied throughout the night.
We really wanted to make it down to the spa/hot tubs but because of our short visit we never had the time. Perhaps next time!
Overall it was a really nice stay and great way to spend a quicky weekend getaway to the mountains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you Cheddarfuzz for staying at Silver Creek Lodge!! We appreciate your comments and are glad to hear that you woke up to a wonderful view!!! We hope to see you again very soon!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My Boyfriend and I stayed at this lovely hotel in Canmore. I used to live in the rockies so I was quite familiar with the surroundings, but it was my boyfriends first time and he was blown away. Being in the hospitally business myself, I really enjoyed this location. Great room big but cozy at the same time. Nice view of the mountains!!! Close to town and all amenities. Awesome outdoor hot pools. Great restaurant, super tasty, and the chef asked us personally if we enjoyed the meal! I even left my phone down in the restaurant whithout even knowing and Daniel from the front desk called our room to return it. WOW. It was a completely relaxing and wonderful time! Also would like to thank Marina for makeing this all possible. Perfect!
My only regret was not being able to try out the spa...... Saving ti for next time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Wray N for staying at Silver Creek Lodge and bringing your boyfriend, it is so nice to know that you enjoyed your stay especially being in the hospitality industry yourself. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and I will be sure to shoe your review to the mentioned staff! Thank you and we do hope to see you again very soon!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is really nothing special. No one went out of their way to make it spectacular, and the people who did help me did not go "above and beyond."
The room was very nice, but the bedroom was small. The patio was nice, but I had to wipe several weeks worth of dirt from the patio furniture. The tub filled from a hole in the ceiling, very odd. The hot pools were nice, but there were no towels and no attendant (for service) after 6:00 pm; we had brought robes from the room, so weren't completely soaked walking back.
Some items that we forgot in the room were not found and not returned. I was disappointed that the housekeeping staff was not competent enough to notice left items and ensure they were returned.
I had no major problems and only one minor disappointment, so overall it was a pretty average stay.

Room Tip: You'll probably want something on the south side of the hotel, the north side faces a busy highw...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
craigmcn, thank you for your review and your honest comments. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and would like to know how we could have done more for you so we can try to improve on any services that we provide. I will also look into your items that were left behind if you could please let me know what they were (at your convenience). Please feel free to contact me at judy@waymarker.ca I look forward to your response craigmcn
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I bookended our summer vacation in the Rockies with a night here. The facilities are lovely. The room we stayed in was very well designed and arranged. The in house restaurant has some amazing food that is worth staying in the lodge for. Would highly recommend Silver Creek to anyone staying in Canmore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
judyhr11, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Tod E, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us!! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait for you to come back!!!
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Ending our vacation with a stay in Canmore and decided to stay at Silver Creek as we had almost bought a unit there long ago. The room was a condo unit as opposed to the hotel unit we had mistakenly booked.Thanks to Daniel at the front desk who offered to change the reservation for us when we arrived, it made our 5 day stay much nicer to have in unit washer and dryer. The Wild Orchid restaurant was great and we ate there twice after enjoying the first dinner so much our first night. Menu has choices for all. The only thing to bear in mind is the location which is a bit of a walk to downtown. Also it is very close to the highway so east facing units may get more noise than we did on the west side which does get some railway noise but no concern for us. Could also use some TLC it is already looking a bit worn.
Again thank you to Daniel for looking after us so well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks to you Habs19 for staying with us for 5 days!!! I will be sure to let Daniel know that you enjoyed his services!!! It is so nice when a guest remembers our employees names and recognizes them on Trip Advisor!! We look forward to your next stay with us!!
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had booked a one bedroom and when we went to our room we had been upgraded to a two bedroom, very nice touch! Not sure why they don't mention this on check in. The kitchen and living areas were large as were the bedrooms. Had your own laundry facilities as well. Large balcony, great views of the three sisters. Very modern room. We frequented the hot tubs outside which were lovely. My husband also went in the steam room. We hadn't booked any accom for Calgary yet as we were undecided if we wanted to spend the extra night in the city or country. Once we saw this room it was a no brainer, so we stayed on for an extra night. We used the kitchen to cook some meals both nights and found everything we needed. Would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Karen E, thank you for staying with us and for enjoying your "surprise" upgrade...we do this for our guests when we can, as a nice "wow" moment and don't tell you at check in so you are delighted when entering your suite.. without knowing ahead of time!! We appreciate your feedback and your descriptions of our suites so that your fellow travellers can be wowed as well.....Thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us!!

Been to Silver Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!