“Beautiful Accommodations and View” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
30% off Fall Early Bird
Ranked #5 of 32 hotels in Canmore
Coppell, Texas
“Beautiful Accommodations and View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I along with our 25 year old daughter booked 4 nights here. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo which was beautifully appointed. We had a balcony with a view of mountains along with several rabbits in the yard. The front desk staff was excellent. We were happy to have an air-conditioned room. The underground parking was convenient. Our only problem was that we had difficulty using our key card to open the garage several times. This inconvenience was minor considering the wonderful convenience of the washer and dryer and full kitchen. While in Canmore, we did the walk to Grassi Lakes, one of my two favorite spots on this two week vacation. While moderately strenuous for us, it was definitely worth it. Don't miss it! The commute to Banff was an easy 20 minutes. We also saw Yoho NP with Emerald lake and Takkakaw Falls. Animal lovers will enjoy a visit to the Northen Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre in
Golden, B.C., but call at least 3 weeks in advance in order to do the hike with the wolves.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Good day ljacksonod,

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a magnificent stay with us at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge. I am also glad that you had time to visit some of the amazing National Parks in the nearby area’s, and even the Wildlife centre. We strive to provide guests a comfortable, and fully equipped home away from home when staying with us. As amazing as technology is, unfortunately sometimes it can fail us and with that apologise for the key card event. Please think of us when you return this way as we welcome the opportunity for repeat guests to enjoy the experience all over again. Thank you, Andrew S.

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bayside, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We rented a condo at Blackstone Mountain Lodge on vrbo from an owner and it was awesome. The condo was immaculate, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the pool, hot tubs, grills and game room are excellent. There wasn't anything we didn't like about this lodge.

Room Tip: This is a great value for the Banff area. The town of Canmore is adorable and offers lots of great r...
Good day gillian419,

It is wonderful to hear from a Senior Reviewer that you had such a great time with us at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge. We are definitely enjoying these beautiful, sunny busy days in Canmore! We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Blackstone Mountain Lodge again soon in one of our Many room types and Views available. Thank you, Andrew S.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here mid week and found it close to downtown Canmore as well as a short drive to Banff and all it has to offer. There was parking underground and an awesome view from our room. The room was spacious bright and clean with nice furniture and décor. The kitchen was larger then I have at home with all appliances including a dishwasher, and there was a full sized washer and dryer which, though we didn't require on this trip will be great to have the next time when we stay a bit longer. the beds were comfortable and there was extra bedding as well lots of towels in the bath. All the staff we dealt with were great and the manager even introduced himself and gave us a tour of the outdoor facilities including the pool, hot tubs, and a BBQ area where larger groups could gather. A definite recommend to my friends and family, and I look forward to the scenery from the deck this winter ski season!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Leondg,

Thank you very much for the kind review that you have submitted. I toured several guests around the property over the past while, but I remember you inquiring about some of our great ski packages that we offer closer to the ski season. I hope the rest of your trip was great. As you mentioned you will be returning closer to winter and am confident that you will find our new luxury linens and large TV's a pleasant compliment for your great days at one of the 4 world class ski mountains in the area. Thank you, Andrew S.
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wonderful stay. The room had everything we were looking for including a kitchen and laundry facilities. Very comfortable and spacious and a great view. All of the staff we met and dealt with were very pleasant and professional. Blackstone Mountain Lodge will be the place we stay in whenever we are in the Canmore area and will be recommending it to all of our friends and business associates.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lorna S. I sincerely thank you for the kind words you have sent our way on your recent stay. It is always great to pass these on to the staff as they have been working extra hard recently due to the floods we experienced, both at work and home where some of our staff were directly affected. As you saw during your visit it is Business as usual for beautiful Canmore and everybody is in its usual high spirits. On your next stay with us you will be pleased to see our new luxury bed linens, Large 42" LCD HD TV's, and a few other outstanding items that will make your stay even more enjoyable. I see that you have visited 398 cities and am happy that a well seasoned traveller such as yourself, chose to stay with us. Safe Travels and Thank you, Andrew.
Carp, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Well, this is one of these occasions where I would like to rave about a property but I cannot. On the plus side, the 2-bedrooms condo we rented easily slept 6. It was roomy, quiet, well appointed. The location is good, not too far from downtown Canmore. It is close to the highway but the noise did not bother us at all. Underground parking is easily accessible, and much easier than street parking.

On the minus side, our room was never serviced in the 3 days we stayed at the property. I had to ask for things at the front desk each day. I made a reservation as a party of 5, yet towels and bedding were missing. There were annoying traces of shoddy workmanship, for instance a loose tap, the dishwasher not screwed in place (it tipped over every time you opened it). We checked in very late and had to wait more than 1 hour to get to our room as the lock was not functioning properly. Now I know the property has recently changed hands, but this is all very annoying. The staff was always very nice, helpful, courteous, but all in all I felt the property does not deserve its rating, and was over-priced.

Dear Rene B,
I am glad to see that you were able to point out the plus’s in our property and I am appreciative of your kind words towards the helpful and courteous staff. I would like to have an opportunity to speak with you personally regarding the maintenance items in the room you stayed in. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 403-609-8098 so that I can address these issues with you as soon as possible. It is our hotel policy to not enter any rooms that have a “Do not Disturb” sign on their door to ensure guest privacy. We do pride ourselves on having a well-trained, courteous, and pro-active staff. Thank you, Andrew S.
Edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Blackstone in the middle of the week in early June (before any flooding in Canmore). I had booked a room one week in advance with two queen beds for myself and two of my friends as we were just travelling through. When we arrived the front desk clerk gave us our hotel keys to the second floor (212B) and the were not working. We thought that this kind of thing can happen sometimes so went back down to see if we could get them fixed. When we went back down the attendant had headphones in both of his ears and I had to wave my hand in front of him to get his attention. He fixed our keys and I went back upstairs to meet my friends who were waiting for me. I should also mention that the machine used to set up the room keys was in plain view and highly accessible by anyone. They key code they used (again in plain view) was 1234 (seriously?!?).
When I went back upstairs the keys unlocked the door and we were SHOCKED to find that there were other people staying in this room already!! Luckily we hadn't walked in on anyone; however, we had access to everything in their room which freaked me out. We went back down to the front desk again and the clerk seemed confused because he couldn't figure out why other people were booked in that room. The front desk clerk found us another room and gave us new keys. When we got into the new room we found there was water damage on the carpets, the beds were very lumpy as if someone had just thrown the bedspread on. We thought they should maybe use a dryerball which would have helped. I left a comment sheet and asked for a manager to contact me (which of course never happened). I paid $163 a night (what a joke) and If you have an option I would strongly suggest staying elsewhere!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here if you have the choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Good day Travelnut1206,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge. I am concerned to hear that your stay was less than what was expected. To ensure guest safety our key machines use passcodes that are user generated. The employee that served you at the desk has since changed the passcode and I do thank you for bringing this to my attention. Many of our employees wear headphones around the property that are attached to two way radios so that we are able to communicate effectively and more importantly quietly in the presence of guests to ensure a peaceful stay. We have brand new linens arriving at the hotel over the coming weeks to ensure our beds are all crisp and new. I am pleased to share that we were lucky to escape the damages of the recent flooding in Canmore. I would love to speak with you directly to discuss what room you received, and look further in to the events that occurred during your stay. I can be reached at 403-609-8098 to discuss your recent stay further. Thank you, Andrew S.
Didsbury, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed with a group of friends over the July long weekend. Room was big enough and certainly looked nice, but found things to be lacking. One of the towels had spots on it, and when we called the front desk at 10am we were told that no towels would be available until 5:30 that afternoon. Some other cleanliness issues in the room.

Some of the furniture was not in the correct spot (lamp in front of a picture on the wall) and Sheets for the pull out bed were not where they were supposed to be. Front Desk and bell staff were very rude about having to bring us sheets (yes it was 12:00, but you are on the night shift at a hotel & our room didn't have what it needed to begin with). Front Desk staff in the evening was very rude.

At 11:00am on the first morning we received a note indicating they wouldn't be making up our room for the day, as we were still in it (despite the fact that we were gone 30 minutes later).

The Location was great, but it's really the little things that make a difference. Blackstone looks nice on the surface, but there are some serious issues that need to be addressed before I'd consider staying again.

Note: During our stay a boil water order was in effect for Canmore due to the recent floods. We called the hotel to inquire about any issues before we arrived and were told it was business as usual. We were advised to bring our own water, and to not wash dishes in the dishwasher. At no point were we advised that the boil water or flood issues would have any additional impact on our stay.

Room Tip: Pick one of the resorts in the same area. If you real want to stay here get a room along the front o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Greg N.
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us following the great flood of 2013. All things considered, I am very proud of our team and the work they did while ensuring that our guests stay was a close to normal as possible given the circumstances. I have addressed the situation you had with one of our guest service agents and can assure you that our goal is to always provide the highest levels of service, cleanliness and maintenance. Please contact me directly at 403-609-8098 as I appreciate the opportunity to ensure your satisfaction and would love to welcome you back to the Blackstone Mountain Lodge on your next stay in beautiful Canmore. Thank you, Andrew S.

Been to Blackstone Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!