“Summer tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 38 Activities in Canmore
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Cairo, Egypt
55 attraction reviews
“Summer tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We visited the Snowy Owl kennels today and were very impressed with the set up. It would have been marvellous to go in the winter but we still wanted to explore the place during the summer. I was slightly apprehensive as I wondered would we find the event a waste of money. However both my girls were keen so off we headed. You check in at their office in Canmore, from there we were taken to the kennels, a great set up with up to 170 dogs. We were in a group of ten and were introduced to the dogs, told the history of each kind of dog and got the chance to interact with every dog that wanted to. What impressed me so much was how the guy who showed us round, one of the owners (Sorry cant remember your name )knew every dog's name. You could tell the dogs were happy and very comfortable interacting with their owners as well as our group. The kennels were well managed, very clean and it look like a really professional operation. We learnt about the caring of the animals, the food, the exercise, breeding adoption programme etc.The tour lasted 1.5 hours and was so enjoyable. The last 15 minutes were set aside to play with the puppies. This was not a hard sell operation. I would love to come back in the winter one day and do the sledging.However I came away very impressed with the set up and felt that the 45CAD was worth it as it helps keep these beautiful dogs well cared for.

Visited July 2012

Lethbridge
“Best Place on Earth - Must Love Dogs! :-) or at least like them!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The summer tour at Snowy Owl will be the best place you will find on a vacation. Not only do you get an interesting and informative look into the lives of sled dogs, but you get to ..... PET DOGS!!!! :-D. And some of the most friendliest dogs on the planet, I might add! These 4 legged members of the Snowy Owl family will greet you like you've never been greeted before, and the 2 legged members are pretty great as well. And if you're really lucky, you may even get to see the puppies that are responsibly breeded to take the place of the soon-to-be retiring dogs. And these people are very responsible to proper looking after their doggie family members-they care about them, and as you will see, they are well cared from puppy well into their golden years! I've done this tour now every year for at least 3 years, maybe 4 and will continue to go back every year!! See for yourself why!!

Visited July 2012
Edmonton Alberta Canada
“Best experience of a life time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I am sharing our last Christmas experience dog sledding now so you can book your best winter fun activity ever for next winter! Wow! I booked the Snowy Owl dogsledding for my family on Dec. 26 ( Boxing Day) and it was an experience of a life time for all! Our adult children took control of the dogsleds and gave their parents a ride of a lifetime!! However driving the sleds is ever more of a rush! Check this off my bucket list!! Don' t pass up this experience!

Visited December 2011
perth
“WOO HOO - WHAT FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I did the tour whilst our adult children where skiing and boarding. What a fun outing and great to see we even feature in your promo pix. The bickies and hot cider a real treat after. The dogs and staff outstanding. Recommend to everyone.

Visited December 2011
London
4 attraction reviews
“Blindin Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Went with my son and my lady over Easter holidays, we were blown away with how beautiful the dogs are. The staff treat the dogs with the uptmost care, respect and love. My son, who is 10 fell in love with Optimus Prime and in the second half of the tour was allowed to steer with me, which made his year and has not stopped bragging to his mates about it. We saw an Owl with a wingspan that was longer than me. The owner who gives you your instructions is a great laugh, a great bearded Canadian who loves what he does and truly adores his doggy mates, remember two feet on brakes, hike, easy, whoa, run with the dogs when going uphill and be enthusiastic with the dogs. Do not go with other tours this is an experience of a lifetime, with staff that can't do enough for you ,the scenery is breathtaking. Thank you Snowy Owl for making our last day in Canada a perfect day.

Visited April 2012