“Best experience of a life time!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 38 Activities in Canmore
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Edmonton Alberta Canada
“Best experience of a life time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I am sharing our last Christmas experience dog sledding now so you can book your best winter fun activity ever for next winter! Wow! I booked the Snowy Owl dogsledding for my family on Dec. 26 ( Boxing Day) and it was an experience of a life time for all! Our adult children took control of the dogsleds and gave their parents a ride of a lifetime!! However driving the sleds is ever more of a rush! Check this off my bucket list!! Don' t pass up this experience!

Visited December 2011

perth
“WOO HOO - WHAT FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I did the tour whilst our adult children where skiing and boarding. What a fun outing and great to see we even feature in your promo pix. The bickies and hot cider a real treat after. The dogs and staff outstanding. Recommend to everyone.

Visited December 2011
London
4 attraction reviews
“Blindin Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Went with my son and my lady over Easter holidays, we were blown away with how beautiful the dogs are. The staff treat the dogs with the uptmost care, respect and love. My son, who is 10 fell in love with Optimus Prime and in the second half of the tour was allowed to steer with me, which made his year and has not stopped bragging to his mates about it. We saw an Owl with a wingspan that was longer than me. The owner who gives you your instructions is a great laugh, a great bearded Canadian who loves what he does and truly adores his doggy mates, remember two feet on brakes, hike, easy, whoa, run with the dogs when going uphill and be enthusiastic with the dogs. Do not go with other tours this is an experience of a lifetime, with staff that can't do enough for you ,the scenery is breathtaking. Thank you Snowy Owl for making our last day in Canada a perfect day.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Impromtu Dog Sled ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Driving along the Spray Lakes loop, we happened upon some dogs....lots of dogs. They were the Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours. We were admiring the dogs and to our surprise they had one team left that wasn't going out. We were asked if we would like to go for a ride. Wow!!! What a Rush!!! we felt like we were in the middle of the "The Yukon Quest or The Iditarod". Carlin one of the owners took us out with her team.....what beautiful dogs!!!! Thank you Carlin, It truly was amazing!!! I am telling everyone, See your guys and team of dogs at the West Edmonton Mall, in Edmonton, Ab on the weekend of April 28 & 29/12

Los Angeles, California
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

A great experience with informed guides and the best way to look at snow trails and frozen lakes.