“A true highlight of our trip to the Canadian Rockies and not to be missed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 38 Activities in Canmore
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Illinois
“A true highlight of our trip to the Canadian Rockies and not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

When my husband and I toured the kennel in July, 2011, Steve, our guide, could not have been better! He absolutely loves the huskies, knows each of the more than 150 dogs by name, and conveys an amazing amount of solid information about the individual dogs and the several breeds of huskies with tremendous enthusiasm. Would that we could return in winter when you can ride in a sled or even learn to drive one!

Visited July 2011

Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My sister and I had a fantastic time. The whole experience was awesome. My only regret was not booking one of the longer packages. Next time, I will book a full day tour.

Visited March 2011
Tucson, Arizona
“Truly a worthwhile experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Educational and loads of fun. Jerome was an awesome guide. Very informative. He is patient and very knowledgeable.
He has a passion for his dogs and they adore him too.
Learned some things about the different breeds of sled dogs and how they evolved.

Visited July 2011
London, United Kingdom
“If you are reading this review - book this experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I went on the 2 hour dog-sledding trip - and immediately regretted it! How I wish I had booked the 4 hour trip. It gives me great pleasure to make this my first review on tripadvisor.
The trip was about 6 months ago, and I still remember my team: Falcon and Volcano were the two leads, Tsunami and Pistachio were the wheelers with Baloo and Skoocum as the pullers. I went with a friend and we split the driving 50/50. The fact that you are given the opportunity to drive is awesome.

The introduction and training was given by the director of the company (I think his name is jeremy). He was humorous and brought laughs from his audience. He brought positive energy to the experience and was clearly very passionate about the dogs. The trip is expensive, so it is important to see the effort that goes in to making the experience worthwhile.

The dogs were amazing. Even in the short time that I was there I felt that I started to recognise each dog's different personality. They love to run, and seem to look disappointed when made to stop. The dogs are friendly and well behaved. I saw interaction between the dogs and young children and the dogs seemed playful and used to human attention. Also, the dogs seem happy and well treated - I wish my work treated me as good!

The route was beautiful and fairly easy to navigate. Definite photo moments here, so bring a camera. You will end up with lots of pictures of dog's backsides by the end of the day! To finish off there is hot apple juice and delicious cookies. My friend and I have vowed to return. A 5 star rating is fully deserved, and I specifically chose this as my first review because I look back with such fond memories of the day.

So, what are you waiting for? HIKE!!
(Sorry - a bit cheesy)

Visited January 2011
Manchester
7 attraction reviews
“Great day for dog lovers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We went on a summer kennel tour whilst staying in nearby Banff and had one of the best days of our honeymoon.

We love dogs and these ones were particularly loveable. We interacted with and stroked over 100 of the soft affectionate huskies and enjoyed the highlight of meeting the extremely cute 9-wk old husky puppies.

We'd love to come back in winter and try the snow sledding but even in summer this place has a lot to offer if you are a fan of huskies. I think they also run the dogs with some wheeled sleds over the summer period.

If you like soft dogs, this is a must see if you are near Banff or Canmore!

Visited June 2011