“I didn't like it” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“I didn't like it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

There is nothing to like about this hotel. Services at reception were poor, they didn't seem to know what they are doing.
The exterior looks like a cheap motel.
The room was dark, you couldn't open the window and it was smelling like stale air. Under the door there is a whole so you can hear everything on the hallway, even steps. You can hear if somebody in a different room is using the bathroom.
Everything in the room was so cramped that I couldn't even sleep...
When I finally fell asleep at 5am, other people started to wake up and, as I said, you can hear everything...so I woke me up at 6am.

I only intended to stop at this hotel to sleep before my trip to Jasper, so I didn't have many expectations, but...

I don't want to offend anyone, it's just my opinion/experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leduc, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We took a wrong turn on the way and had to backtrack and so it was nearly midnight by the time we checked in. While the desk staff were friendly and helpful, rooms are very basic but adequate. We were very tired, but check out time is 11 am so we were just grateful that we'd get at least 8 hours sleep.
Wrong. Walls are paper thin and you can hear every plumbing transcaction going on all around you, every shower, bath, and flush rumbled thru our room. And then the kicker was the family/kids next to us who figured they'd all get up at 5 am and talk in their normal everyday loud voices and take 2 hours to leave. It sounded as if they were standing right next to our bed. So needless to say we thought we might as well get up, prepare ourselves for the day and get the hell out of there asap with maybe 4 hours sleep. Lucky for us it was our last day on the road and we hit the hay as soon as we got home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The second night we were there someone had left the back door open with a rock and ppl are just walking in and bugs were flying in everywhere and going into our room, we told the front desk and she told us that she cant be watching the door all night and that's she's the only one working...the night before we checked out i check my bank account and they had over charged me for 2 nights, and after talking to the receptionist she to me oh well so i waited until the next day to talk to a manager and she refunded us our money, The restaurant there was horrible, the chicken club I had , I don't know how they messed it up.. But it tasted horrible seriously!

• Stayed August 2013
Millbrook, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My friend and I arrived tired after a long motorcycle ride from High Level, Ab. The service for us was efficient if slightly curt. Unfortunately, an older couple did not receive the courtesy that should be expected from the young woman at the desk. They asked for two keys and were told that there was just one key / room. The attitude was abrupt verging on rude.
We got two keys. Why the difference ?
The room was what should be expected - clean and tidy with good towels and supplies.
Two restaurants were associated with the motel - a suchi and pub/lounge. I preferred the pub but the reuben was short on meat.
Accommodation was good but the service could be improved.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front facing the highway but we were not disturbed by the traffic.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a good night stay here. The room was clean and the front desk people were helpful and nice. The beds were on the soft side but we slept well. The shower was good with plenty of pressure and hot water. But this was ruined by a shower curtain that floated around and touched your body, which feels yucky to me! They could put luggage racks in the room which would make living out of a suitcase easier. Overall this is a good place to stay and has a good restaurant and lounge on site.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Athabasca, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Discovered this Motel at the last minute on the internet and in the Alberta Accomadation Book.Night before we got there.Have driven past it a dozen times on our way to BC but never stopped. THIS WILL NOW BE OUR OVERNIGHT STOP ON THE WAY TO BC. What a SURPRIZE - Staff are super, rooms very clean as was the whole establishment.Internet service was good.Easy access off the main Highway,all amenities close by Gas,IGA,Cdn Tire,DQ,Tims. etc.Quiet and Comfortable.Room we had was 2 doubles - room might be a tad small for some - but we were quite HAPPY as was our small dog. He could jump from bed to bed Ha, Ha.
A most comfortable place to stay, In Fact so comfortable we stayed a second night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

A budget motel that punches well above its weight. The owner went out of her way to accommodate our party, providing good clean accommodation at a very reasonable price.

As a bonus there is a bar and restaurant on site serving good quality food and drink, again, not expensive. Well worth a stay if passing through Hinton.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Twin Pine Motor Inn? Share your experiences!