“Bugs!!! Rooms were filthy, smelly, had sex liquids from last person / sleep in your car.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hinton

Days Inn Hinton
You added Days Inn Hinton to your Saves list
Days Inn Hinton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   358 Smith St, Hinton, Alberta T7V2A1, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This is my first a hopefully only trip advisor review.

I stayed for one night. I was shown four rooms. Each had disgusting issues. It was late and I was stuck. The issues were;

Bugs found in two rooms
Bugs found in bed
Debris left on floor over four rooms, used Kleenex, used ear plugs, body hairs, SEX LUBRICANT, putrid body odour, gum and food on floor,
Very loud facing road, and I asked for quiet room twice.
Huge bird excrement on windows. (Filthy anyways)

I will make the drive late at night (3hrs) to avoid staying at this hotel.

There are hundreds of wonderful Days Inn properties. This one is severely lacking.

I am very sensitive to the effect a bad review can have on a hotel and I would never wish to cause trouble but this hotel was a very bad experience.

I would imagine the good people at Days Inn Corporate would never wish this experience for any of their guests. I would also imagine these same people would not even wish it for their competitors guests.

I was embarrassed for Days Inn today. I am still sitting in the parking lot writing this. Chewing up my clients time.

When I mentioned the issues at the front desk, (expecting not to receive a bill) I was given a 45% discount.

Shame on you. So embarrassed.

• Stayed June 2013
Ian W, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Hinton, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
As per our telephone conversation and your review on Days Inn I thank you for again for bringing these issues to our attention and as I indicated all issues you brought up have been addressed and the staff involved directed as to their duties. I'm sure these issues will not be a problem in the future.
Ian Wilson
Field Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Smithers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

we found this to be an excellent value and place to stay....clean and staff was excellent as well, we found the breakfast better than most

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ian W, General Manager at Days Inn Hinton, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
It is positive responses from satisfied Guests that make running a property a pleasure.
edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stay Far Far Far from this hotel!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place! never encountered such a joke in my life and I am out to tell all!
Jiff was i booked this hotel 2 months in advance, called to confirm it. Got there, with my dogs and my husband and they gave us a room that was under construction! I went to the desk to let them know and the "guy" we will call him looked at me all smug and said "looks like we have no more rooms and we will just go ahead and cancel you from here"!! I was like WHAT! we drove 3 hours here and you are just going to leave us out in the cold, no room and you are smiling about it! no options, no sense of sorry just all smug and smiles. I have NEVER wanted to hit someone in my life so bad as i did this "guy" Never have i experience such HORRIBLE, inhospitable service in my life!!
So we were left to find other accomodations on a last minute notice that allows pets on a long weekend.
On a side note, when i went up to my floor initially i noted that it stunk SO bad and I am GLAD that i did not have to stay in that stank.

Room Tip: Stay nowhere, go to the BCMI next door!!! has a Waterslide!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian W, General Manager at Days Inn Hinton, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Diane :

Please accept our sincere apology regarding your recent stay at Days Inn .
What you have experienced is not the standard we where striving to achieve and up hold.
We have reviewed our procedures and will make appropriate changes to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Again we are sorry for the inconvience.

Ian Wilson
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Well that that pretty much said it all. It's cheap.
I was a bit disgusted by the blanket and ended up bringing my own from my car.
Breakfast was poor and I skipped that. All I saw was a Rubbermaid Box with some bagels.

Definitely will not return.

But, it was cheap.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Abrose001, General Manager at Days Inn Hinton, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are sorry to learn your trip to Days Inn Hinton was not a good one. We appreciate your comments and are making many changes to make our guest feel comfortable. We are working on improving our breakfast area! to make it more appealing and interesting for our guest.

Again Thank You for your comments.

Rose Wilson

Been to Days Inn Hinton? Share your experiences!