“Fridge barely working, dead tv remote” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Hinton to your Saves list
Days Inn Hinton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   358 Smith St, Hinton, Alberta T7V2A1, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
“Fridge barely working, dead tv remote”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

Other than that the service is very pleasant, the front desk guy was helpful and friendly. The building is a bit older but it looks like theyve been trying to update it. I paid 84$ a night which was very good in season. Room is clean, bed is comfortable, sheets are clean, bathroom is nice, microwave, fride, couch, tv, coffee maker, ar condition unit are all included. Tv remote was horrible and the fridge was not cold enough. Those would be the only two complaints. Pet friendly and an amazing spot right next to a green area where your dog can run around :) lots of wildlife around and very recommended. Breakfast was very good and there was plenty of food. Muffins, toast, egg breakfast sandwiches, coffe, juices, bagels, tea, yogurts, fruit etc

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011 via mobile

Only 90.00 but the floors are gross and one of the beds wasn't even made!!
The floors are so stained that I felt I should keep socks on at all times and I'm not a germ freak at all!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Got this on Priceline, so I probably received the Priceline treatment. Check-in was fast. We weren't asked if we wanted smoking or non, so we must have been given smoking as we had to air out the musty room. The place was only about 1/4 full, so I'm sure they could have given us non-smoking. Carpeted hallway is dirty and there are doors off hinges and cots in the hallway. Quiet enough, and the showers have pressure. Water out of the tap is great. I got what I paid for, but next time I would stay somewhere that looked and smelled a little better. This hotel was clearly designed for work crews more than vacationers.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way home from a trip through BC. The hotel literally stunk. It didn't feel clean to us. The grounds were full of weeds. The exercise room had no towels of disinfecters around. The equipment felt sticky. Our fridge smelt so bad and wasn't cold enough. We ended up throwing away some stuff we bought to eat cause it absorbed a horrible smell from the fridge. This was our second days inn we stayed in on this trip as was not impressed with them at all. We wont stay at another days inn again. .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at Days Inn Hinton, On arriveing home 9pm the 2nd night to find our room had not been serviced, I complained to management who just didn't care, It was then with disgussion with manager and 2 cleaners we realised that the 1st night there we had slept in the linen that the previous guest had slept in. We also paid to have breakfast only to find that if you didn't get up early you missed out and when I spoke to the manager he said I don't put much out as some guest steal the food..I will also add the whole building is fithy and i wouldn't recommend this inn to anyone. Look around the town as there is a lot of accomdation in this area. We booked this Inn through Expedia and I have contacted them with my complaint but they have yet to reply. I am not happy for the fact that we slept in soiled dirty linen.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed two nights at this hotel and would recommend it highly. It was a great experience right from check-in. The young man on the desk was polite, efficient and most helpful. The room was immaculately clean and featured a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was delicious.
In speaking with the manager, we found him to be most involved, including having cleaned 15 rooms himself because of an unexpected staff shortage. He was obviously an excellent leader.
We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Clearly explain your needs and the clerks will help you get the best room to meet them.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Hotel was very nice to stay at after a long day of driving and the price for my room was very reasonable, much cheaper than staying in jasper. Very friendly staff and the breakfast was awesome, very filling. I will stay here again

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Hinton? Share your experiences!