“Bad dining service” 2 of 5 stars

Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
“Bad dining service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Didn't have a good sleep since our rooms are on the 1st floor and we heard people walking around in the room above us. Front desk people are very nice. However, very bad service in the dining room when we were there for breakfast, even worst than any other fast food place. Server were rude and she make use felt like we were bordering her when we order or ask for the bill. There are much better restaurants around and we won't go back even though kids eat free if you stay at the hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you taking the time to give us some feedback about your recent stay as it is always appreciated. I was very dissappointed to read your review and learn that we did not meet your expectations and that the level of service was far from acceptable. I have personally addresses the staff issue with our food & beverage department and hope that you will accept my sincere apology.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

While there is nothing special to highlight about this hotel, it was a perfectly adequate place to stay. The room was large, well-equipped and clean, the guest laundry was excellent and the front desk staff were helpful, welcoming, friendly and polite.

The hotel is on a main road but as my room was at the back of the hotel I did not suffer from traffic noise.

My only criticism is that it was expensive for the quality of hotel, but I knew the cost when I booked so I cannot complain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your feed back and I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your stay and look forward to your return.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Everything was clean and comfortable. Just a standard holiday inn, good place to rest your head. Would stay again without hesitation. Bathroom was clean and updated and the shower pressure was good. Good overall stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our staff works hard to make every guests stay a memorable one. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we do hope you will join us again in the future.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here during my visit to Jasper National Park. The hotel was very nice, the staff was extremely friendly and made me feel welcome. I was upgraded to a suite which was a nice touch and the furnishings were comfortable. The only thing I didnt like about my stay was that they use little, designer type pillows for the bed. These were not functional or comfortable for me at all. If they were to swtich these out, I would fully recommend this location. As far as Hinton goes, it is a small town on the main highway (room was not noisy), that seems to get a fair amount of oil and gas contractors and construction crews. There are several places to get food and several nearby grocery stores that one can stock up with lunches and snacks for the national park. The entrance to Jasper Natonal Park is not far from Hinton, but the actual town of Jasper is probably 1 hour away. This can be tiring after a long day, but the drive itself is incredible with beautiful scenery and much wildlife along the way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy that you were able to appreciate most of the amenities that our hotel has to offer and our convenient location just outside of Jasper National Park. It is our hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Stony Plain, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at this location on July 28, 2012 - chose this hotel on the basis of the reviews I read on line and the overall rating. The spa in the hotel was not operational at the time of our stay and this was important to us. Sat down on one of the beds in the room and the mattress frame was not secure - nearly ended up on the floor!!! Mattress not comfortable. Bathroom small. Lighting could have been better. When checking in were questioned by the clerk regarding the rate that I had been given when registering online - this left an uncomfortable feeling from the onset. Subsequently cancelled our booking at the same location for Aug 4th and 5th - wouldn't go out of my way to stay at this hotel again. Wish my review could have been more positive.

Room Tip: Check to ensure that all amenities are available the day before travel. The spa was important to us...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. I do appreciate that you took the time to share your comments in order that we may make the necessary changes for future guests. I do agree that our desk staff should not be questioning rates made through the internet as this is not a professional practise and I will be sure to pass along these concerns. Once again thank you and have a great day!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good Stay. Loved the mini kitchenette in the room (sink, microwave, fridge) good stuff. Nice sized bathroom. All around nice. one thing I've noticed at a ton of places is that the air conditioning units are always so loud. This was not the case here! I was happy to see that. Free Breakfast was alright. It's a free breakfast kind of standard. Not awful but not great. My one complaint was the couple across the hall was parading their child out by the elevator to some family/friends? it was odd and my room was right next to the action. They were noisy but eventually quieted down. I guess it would be nicer if the rooms were a bit more sound proof but not a deal breaker by any means. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with other travellers and I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team.
Fort St. John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here several times when passing through, no problems. Pool is great, and an excellent place to eat across the road called L&W. No elevator, only two floors though. Staff has always been friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Always nice to hear positive feedback and I will be sure to pass it along to the team. Thank you.

Been to Holiday Inn Hinton? Share your experiences!