“Nice Clean Motel near the Mountains” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pines Motel

Pines Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hinton
Pines Motel
Save Saved
You added Pines Motel to your Saves list
709 Gregg Ave, Hinton, Alberta T7V 1X7, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Prince Albert, Sask.
“Nice Clean Motel near the Mountains”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed here twice going and coming home from Whistler. The motel is old however has been renovated. The rooms are clean and perfect for a one night stop on route. Easy to find close to main highway. We liked that we could pull up in front and have easy access to our car. We have stayed in Hinton before and always booked at one of the larger hotels which included our breakfast. This room was almost 1/2 the price so that was our deciding factor in staying.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We absolutely agree with our guidebook's assessment of Pines Motel, which rated it the "biggest bang for your buck." The owner was very nice and helpful, and the rooms were clean and had everything we needed (fridge, microwave, couch for sitting). (Also, the water pressure was lovely!) We'll come back to this place if we ever travel up this way again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

We had decided on a trip to Jasper for the weekend and on Wed. I spent some time looking online for accommodation. Jasper was incredibly pricey and we wanted to travel within our budget because we are saving for our holiday at the end of September. After reading the reviews, checking out their website and a call to the booking desk we booked in for two nights at Hinton at the motel.

The motel is on the outskirts, right on the highway to Jasper. It is 15 mins. from the gate and 60 mins. to the town of Jasper. The room itself had a window view of the highway with the mountains in the distance and was surprisingly quiet. The room was a much better value then what we stayed in Banff during out last trip to the mountains and bigger! We had two queen sized beds, microwave, tv, fridge and had everything we could need. Across the Highway is a Safeway and Sobey's as well as a Walmart and many restaurant row type food.

After the first night we forgot to put up a do not disturb sign so it was a nice surprize to find all our linens and towels were fresh! Great housekeeping!

My only comments would be:

Provide hairdryer and toiletries to guests. None provided.
We had to make sure we were checked in by 11 PM and made it into the motel at 10:45 so it was tight after getting stuck in construction areas along the way.

If you want to stay in Jasper it is much more expensive but would cut down considerably on the amount of driving that we did!

Yes, we will be back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tete Jaune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

I had to travel to Hinton on business for 2 days and researched every hotel/motel - read all the reviews and found prices to be extrememly high. I remembered the Pines Motel from way back and it was always a family run operation so gave them a call. The gentleman at the desk was very accommodating and when I said it was for 1 person I was quoted 69.00 plus tax which immediatly got my attention. I inquired as to what was in the room and was told 1 Queen bed, TV, wirless internet connection, fridge & microwave, full bathroom with tub and free parking at my door - wow - I immediatly booked for 2 nights. I arrived about 4:30 in the afternoon and was checked in within minutes by an extremely polite young gentleman at the front desk. I went to the room and was extremely happy with the entire set-up. The room was immaculately clean with everything placed just so nice and neatly - from the towels in the bathroom and the positioning of everything. The motel is older but has been kept in extremely good condition and the updates to the room are very nice and tasteful. the only thing I would recommend to reach 100% (instead of 95%) would be to replace the bedspread with either a new one or use bed skirts with a quilt. The room was so nice that a nice bed covering would have made it jjust perfect! ( I am not complaining - just giving a helpful hint) I have stayed in equivalent rooms to this that I would not object to paying 119.00 for a single person. Having stayed in some of the 'more modern looking ' hotels in Hinton in the past, this was just amazing;. The room is nicely spacious - has a nice table and 2 chairs - perfect for computer work while on business - an alarm clock, very good lighting - nice to see the power saver bulbs in the side lamps - the bathroom is tastefull upgraded with lots of counter space - very nice tiled floor - again - absolutely spotless- someone takes much pride in thier work and I left a generous tip because its a bit of the old fashioned that you don't much see these days. The beautiful oak cabinet houses a very nicely sized fridge and microwave and lots of drawer space. The TV is newer and has remote. I had no problem getting on to the internet ( I forgot to ask for the code and had to phone down for it) - Phone service is free locally as well as for toll free, calling cards etc. and had no problems phoning out/in. I was so pleased that when I got back from business on the first evening I reserved a third night so I could just relaxe for a day. Having found this fantastic place I will definatley be making more of the business trips to Hinton( I usually send someone else) - it's difinatley the BEST accommodation I have ever stayed at in Hinton,(That is over a 30 year time span)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

We stayed in this plain looking motel on our drive through Canada and were pleased with the appearance and comfort of the room. It had a very Scandinavian feel (think the IKEA look). A large room with laminated hardwood floor, furniture with simple clean lines, a large entertainment center with TV and microwave, a small refrigerator, and a very comfortable bed. The owner was very pleasant and helpful. I looked at a couple of other motels in the city but the Pines was priced below the others ($79) and was one of the nicest rooms for the money on the whole trip.

Stayed September 2008

Been to Pines Motel? Share your experiences!