“Canned, packaged and frozen.” 2 of 5 stars

+1 604-852-2610
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 262 restaurants in Abbotsford
Cuisines: American, Diner, Hamburgers, Family Fare
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: We are a casual relaxed family diner. We have a 50 style decor with the delicious comfort foods to go with it. Come in relax and enjoy yourself with music from the past and a homemade old fashioned milkshake. It wont be long and you will feel right at home.
“Canned, packaged and frozen.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We looked on Urbanspoon for a good breakfast spot in Abbotsford, since we were not familiar with the local cuisine. This was rated very high and we have always had good results on the choice based on Urbanspoon. Well we hit our first negative. Anne Marie's was a bust. The decor was ok with a classic car/retro 50's diner, but the fixtures were industrial fluorescents with awful colors being produced.

The menu was about as basic as they get, with nothing that drew our attention. So I picked something I thought was safe and easy to avoid screwing up, and my wife did the same with her choice.

The service was good and had a small town approach, which is why this review is not lower. The food was brought in a reasonable time and placed in front of us. My wife ordered the basic sausage, eggs and hash browns and I ordered the sausage skillet. My wife asked for Hollandaise on the eggs, well when I saw the sauce; it was out of a package Hollandaise. It looked very unappetizing. My meal was not any better, the cheese was cheap and the rest of the ingredients were subpar. The bottom of the skillet had started to collect the water and moisture from the dish, and it looked like soup. The skillet also had absolutely no taste or seasoning. The dishes were over priced for the plates put on the table.

While sitting there drinking the coffee, it was confirmed why the food was awful. I saw somebody bringing load after load of pre-packaged food through the front of the restaurant. The food was plastic containers of Salsa, frozen vegetables, Kirkland tins of Coffee and many other boxes of pre-packaged food.

I did not finish my meal and my wife did not finish hers. I can't figure out why this rated so high? I think in this day and age with the competition in this business, you'd want to set yourself apart?

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
angjan0001, Owner at Ann Maries Cafe, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Hi, first i want to thank you for the comment on my service:) i try hard to make a visit a pleasant one! I was your server the day you came in:). For thevrecord i agree with the comment on the lights, that is why we are are already in the process of having some renos done with a few things at our restaurant, however i would have to disagree with some of your other comments. Yes we shop at costco for some things,but, we also revieve 3 times a week our fresh produce from little green apple,nand 2 deliveries from sysco,being a small establishment we work hard at finding the best deals to pass onto our customers. The day you came in we had a new cook and although i keepna close watch on what comes from the kitchen, sometimes we miss something, this is why we do check backs with our customers to make sure everything is alright, since i was your server and i do remember you, i checked back several times asking if everything was ok, if you needed refills for your tea and coffee you didnt mention anything to me, I would have loved to have fixed anything that you werent happy with then or brought you something else. We always want you to return and will try our hardet to do this:)

79% Recommend
“Meh - average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Food was ok. Eggs benny not good. Skillet ok, but not great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Discovered this cafe today and already told others about it! Friendly and funny staff. Delicious food and a good bang for your buck. Definitely beats Ihop and Denny's for breakfast prices and you get more to your portion.
We will be back for sure and will highly recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
angjan0001, Owner at Ann Maries Cafe, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
I am happy you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your post. Look forward to you coming again:)
“Cranky and Rude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

The owner is cranky most of the time and the problem is.... she is there most of the time. She dismisses people when they walk in like we're bothering her.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
angjan0001, Owner at Ann Maries Cafe, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
I feel terrible that you feel that way. I certainly do not feel that anyone is bothering me i work hard to make everyone feel welcome and at home. :) i hope you try us again and you have a better experience next time.
Abbotsford, Canada
“Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nothing special but nothing wrong about that. Great people work here and the food is fresh.

Visited October 2011
angjan0001, Owner at Ann Maries Cafe, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback and hope to make your next visit excellent:)