“freindly owners” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Abbotsford, Canada
“freindly owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have enjoyed their pizza many times and have come to know the owners and they are good people. Their pizza prices are reasonable and we will continue going here for many years to come!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Dawn to Suck!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

In late October 2012 I was in this plaza at Drivers Services doing my Motorcycle Road Test. Upon completing the exam (which I passed) I decided to pop into this diner to grab some breakfast and warm up as it was freezing cold. I should have walked right out as the lobby was filthy and littered with the carcass of abandoned pizza meals. I ordered egg whites, white toast, hash browns, sausage and a cup of coffee. I paid $10.30 for this meal.

What I got was the most pathetic excuse for a breakfast I've ever paid for. I laughed out loud when the owner/cook/server dropped the food in front of me. I had to take a picture. A picture says a 1000 words....and those were not egg whites.

I went up the counter and told the owner/cook/server that I ordered egg whites. The owner/cook/server looked at me like I was an idiot and stated that he had used white eggs....he then showed me an egg carton and inside were in fact white eggs. I stared at him to see if he was serious and realized that he was. I went back to my seat.

The toast was a giant cracker, the tater tots were luke warm and rubbery in texture, the eggs were okay, the sausage was butterflied but also tasted rubbery, the coffee was good....I won't knock the coffee. The cutlery looked like it came from the dollar store or army surplus store, the ketchup was not Heinz and came from a squeeze bottle that was as old as I was. I came in to warm up before the ride home, it was freezing in the diner and my coffee became cold within 10 mins of ordering it....this place had been open for a few hours before I entered.

I told a few friends this story and they all laughed and mocked me for ever eating here. I was told a dozen horror stories of this place which the locals refer to as the Dawn to Suck. Having said that I could not help but notice that people were coming in to order pizza at 9:00 in the morning while I was there....maybe their pies are special...who knows....who cares...I wanted breakfast.

I've eaten at a million joints over the years...Abbotsford has quite a few excellent eateries....this one stands out in my head as the most ghetto breakfast experience in Abbotsford. I can't honestly think of a worst place therefore it holds the crown. Here's a picture of my breakfast.....note that I applied the Ketchup to the eggs.....I thought it would add flare to my shot :-)

• Visited October 2012