“Returning Guest” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre

You added Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36035 North Parallel Road, Abbotsford, British Columbia V3G 2C6, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Abbotsford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Medicine Hat, Alberta
“Returning Guest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed at this location multiple times. It is my go to place when in the area on business. The property is great with plenty of parking.

My check-in experience was under-par compared to what I have experienced before. I stood at the front desk waiting while the employee was typing something out, and then looked over and said Yes. I said I am here to check in and then the process started and everything was great from that standpoint. I was made to feel like I was interrupting him from his work. That's not norm based on past experiences so I will chalk it up as an anomaly.

The room was great again, good size, and really clean. The bed was comfortable and the checkout experience was simple.

There is a White Spot attached where I had a breakfast meeting and the food and staff there were excellent as well.

Overall really good and I would highly recommend it. Good value for the $.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we apologize that your check-in was not up to our usual standards, we will review that with our Front Desk team to ensure it is handled better the next time.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Christine Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed the Ramada Plaza in Abbotsford for the Heroes Hockey Challenge and quite enjoyed my stay. The staff were polite and very helpful. the rooms were clean and comfortable.
Thanks very much to the staff for your hard work and great attitude!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post your comment and we look forward to welcoming your group back again!

The Ramada Plaza team
B.c.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family have been vacationing at this hotel for the past 8 years. We live in different parts of B.C., we are on Vancouver Island, a couple of families come from the interior and we meet at the Ramada in Abbotsford about 3 times a year for get-togethers. We have always been treated with respect and the staff does everything it can to make our stay as pleasant as possible. From the men and women at the front desk to the house keeping staff, all are very pleasant and accommodating.
The restaurant that is attached to the hotel is the White Spot and the food is excellent, we have never been disappointed.
The grandkids love the pool and the towels are stacked right by the pool and there are always lots of them, they are the same size towels as the bath towels in the rooms, large enough to wrap around even big kids.
I should also mention it is a pet friendly hotel and our Jack Russell is a happy guest.
Would we come back - our next reservation is in October and we can hardly wait!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we will be sure to pass them on to the team. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you and your family again in the fall.

Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

As the General Manager of Heroes Hockey Challenge 2013 I was able to negotiate very reasonable rates with the Manager of the hotel. She was very business orientated and a pleasure to work with, as was her immediate staff. I found the front desk staff to be very caring, knowledgeable and extremely willing to assist in any way possible.
The rooms were very clean and well appointed and the house-keeping staff were very pleasant and most accommodating. Any additional items we required to set up our "working office" were immediately actioned and were done at no additional costs. Photocopying was done at a very reasonalble rate and the office staff assisted in the distribution of materials to HHC attendees staying at the hotel. The Continental Breakfast, which was included in the room price, was plentiful and fresh. Again, the staff working the Breakfast room were very friendly and courteous.

The White Spot, which is co-located with the Ramada, was also very good. The service was very prompt and the quality of food and the prices were very reasonable. I would recommend the hotel to my friends for personal and/or business utilization.

Room Tip: Although the hotel parallels the Trans Canada, the rooms were quiet and with the windows closed and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback. It was an honour for us to partner with you on this event and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic stay at the Ramada Plaza & Conference Centre over the Easter long-weekend while visiting family in the area. Our room was very clean and quiet and we loved having the continental breakfast in the morning. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and even called to check to see how our room was 5 minutes after checking in, which I thought was great! It made us feel very welcomed. The hotel is centrally located off Hwy 1 and within walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores and a wine/beer store. From check in to check out, we were very happy and had no complaints. We will definitely be coming back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments - we appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Abbotsford.

Ramada Plaza Team
Port McNeill, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I thought the hotel was clean and the staff I dealt with on April 01 were very friendly. However I stayed on the second floor and the mattresses were the worst I have seen. When my wife and I laid in the bed we were both tilting inward toward each other to the point that we couldn't help but touch elbows all night. I tried the other bed with my three year old it was the same though I am not a huge guy. When I expressed my concern I was told that the updated rooms are in business class on the fourth floor, though they cost more, and that I could request it next time. There was no attempt otherwise to alleviate my concerns or provide any satisfaction. The other cons are that continental breakfast closes at 9am and that a fridge costs an extra 5 dollars per night.

Mattresses alone will prevent me from coming back. Never again.

Room Tip: 4th floor only due to updated mattresses.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. As our continental breakfast opens early (0630) we do shut it at 9:00 a.m. on weekdays and extend it later on the weekends to accommodate our guests, unfortunately this timing must not have worked for your family on this trip.

With regards to your mattress, again, our apologies that it was not to your satisfaction. The vast majority of our mattresses have been replaced within the past 18 months so without knowing what room you were in, we are unable to confirm if there was a problem with that particular mattress or frame.

We would be pleased to review this with you further should you wish to get in touch with us directly and see what we can do to rectify the situation.

Lower mainland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very rude, unreasonable and unfair front desk employees !! - rude to their own employees - Maintenance man was very helpful - although the ladies at the front desk were NOT ! helpful at all - they should be ashamed of themselves and quite frankly shut down !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!