“Mattresses Terrible, stay away!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre

You added Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36035 North Parallel Road, Abbotsford, British Columbia V3G 2C6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Abbotsford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Port McNeill, Canada
“Mattresses Terrible, stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I thought the hotel was clean and the staff I dealt with on April 01 were very friendly. However I stayed on the second floor and the mattresses were the worst I have seen. When my wife and I laid in the bed we were both tilting inward toward each other to the point that we couldn't help but touch elbows all night. I tried the other bed with my three year old it was the same though I am not a huge guy. When I expressed my concern I was told that the updated rooms are in business class on the fourth floor, though they cost more, and that I could request it next time. There was no attempt otherwise to alleviate my concerns or provide any satisfaction. The other cons are that continental breakfast closes at 9am and that a fridge costs an extra 5 dollars per night.

Mattresses alone will prevent me from coming back. Never again.

Room Tip: 4th floor only due to updated mattresses.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. As our continental breakfast opens early (0630) we do shut it at 9:00 a.m. on weekdays and extend it later on the weekends to accommodate our guests, unfortunately this timing must not have worked for your family on this trip.

With regards to your mattress, again, our apologies that it was not to your satisfaction. The vast majority of our mattresses have been replaced within the past 18 months so without knowing what room you were in, we are unable to confirm if there was a problem with that particular mattress or frame.

We would be pleased to review this with you further should you wish to get in touch with us directly and see what we can do to rectify the situation.

Regards,

Christine Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lower mainland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very rude, unreasonable and unfair front desk employees !! - rude to their own employees - Maintenance man was very helpful - although the ladies at the front desk were NOT ! helpful at all - they should be ashamed of themselves and quite frankly shut down !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a beauty pageant. I have noted that several guests had very negative experiences and empathize with them. Our stay however was not unpleasant. Leanne, took my reservation was very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. I meant to thank her personally but did not see her during our stay. I requested a suite with a separate bedroom but these room types were full, she booked us into a junior suite and ensured that a playpen was set up in the room upon our arrival.

Thankfully our room was not near the laundry so did not shake.

The housekeeping staff respected the do not disturb sign even though it was on the door during their cleaning times as baby was napping. I spoke with one housekeeper and she said that she heard the baby crying and was trying to be quiet in the hall and hoped she had not woken the baby up.
Aside from these people, I did not find the staff overly friendly but none were nasty either though I did pick up on some frustration at times.

I did get locked out of the hotel early one morning as I was up very early and did not want to wake the baby. I went for coffee and when I returned I could not get back in. I knocked on the door but no one responded so I sat in my vehicle for 45 minutes, luckily I had a coffee and my iPad lol. I would suggest a guest key access for the front door during "after hours" .

The continental breakfast was disappointing, muffins were cold, juice and coffee were not great. The young man working the breakfast was friendly

The ballroom was excellent and the ice water outside was appreciated.

Our room charges were accuratate.

As a marriott platinum member I am accustomed to exceptional service and would rate this hotel as satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2013
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Being a local business who has customers visit from out of town we have had many dealings with the Ramada over the past 5-10 years. There are obviously other options but we continue to recommend the Ramada Abbotsford due to the outstanding customer service that is always received when working with them. Not once have we received a bad review of the hotel from our customers who we have recommended stay there.

Thank you again to their entire team...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed for one night and all that happened in one night was enough for me. We had a room that shook every time they did laundry. It shook so hard our TV cabinet, floor and pictures on the wall rattled. When we called to complain we were told they have a business to run so basically we have to suck it up. I can’t believe they charge people to stay in those rooms that shake like that. Our kids were scared we actually thought it was an earthquake at first. We were there for a competition in the ballroom, it was just about to start as the room began to shake, they did offer for us to change rooms but we explained we are starting the competition for our kids we can’t change now. They did not offer for us to move later, they said well we tried to accommodate you and that’s it. I asked if any others complain and Dianna or Dianne's response was "not like you people" I was so shocked at her attitude. It really was awful. At one point during the day the other mom staying with me asked Dianna (Dianne) where the bank machine was, Dianna responded, I’m not sure I want to tell you at this point. There were so many other times we were greeted with huffs and puffs by the front desk. We had asked for a late checkout. We were told a week before that 3pm would be fine. Dillon (a front desk clerk) came to our door just after 1:30 pm I believe, he knocked and asked if anyone was still in the room, we answered with yes we are here till 3pm, he then agreed and left. A moment later Dianna called our room and said for us to vacate immediately in an extremely rude and unacceptable tone. We were actually ok to leave but asked if we could just have 20minutes to pack our things her reply was no vacate immediate. At that point the other mom responded if we should throw our stuff out the window, we had two kids to pack up it would only take 20min. Dianna responded with a snide comment about how we were facing the rear of the hotel so throwing our stuff out the window would not be good for us. The mom with me has a Handicap and we use the Handicap parking stall at the hotel. We went to ask for a cart to get our stuff out in one big hull, because she cannot walk carrying a lot of weight, and the front desk told her that they didn’t have one for us people. We then had to strap all our bags on our kids and ourselves, the other mom was in so much pain. The front desk gave us a breakfast coupon for White Spot for $15.00, that’s it. I am so saddened by the way we were treated we had a great time at the competition and our stay at the Hotel really put a damper on things. I will never stay at this hotel and I will advise others of the same.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
C_Lane_DOS, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments, as stated to the other pageant attendees we are reviewing this internally.
Fort McMurray, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Even after my less than satisfactory stay at the Ramada Abbotsford recently, I would not have considered posting a bad review of the hotel online. I would however strongly caution those I know personally not to stay at this location. The following review should not reflect on all Ramada Locations, please take this review into account only when booking at the Abbotsford Location, with its current staff. Perhaps in future proper actions to remedy current issues will be properly addressed, instead of excuses being offered up, and guests posts being attacked or countered with "fake" posts done by family and friends of staff.

We all can only post of our own experiences at the hotel... Opinions are personal, and not up for discussion.

This post is being done AFTER speaking with management and seeking a resolution to the issues I had with this hotel location ... Had issues been completely and properly addressed the following comments would not be posted here.

No issues with check-in... Room was ready. Upon arrival in the room it was noted that there was not a couch in the room, when making reservations on the phone the woman who took the reservation had said the rooms had plenty of space, two queen size beds, and a couch. Not a huge problem, but very dissapointing none the less.

No restaurant in the hotel, but White Spot delivers to the hotel, many options, and delivered very fast! Orders were sent wrong, and immediately corrected with apologies. Would recommend eating at the abbotsford White Spot restaurant.

With room service comes left over dishes and garbage... Cleaning staff was abundant in the halls but non existent in the rooms. I twice requested clean towels and garbage removal in my room, once at around 2pm and again at almost 5pm. Both times I was just stared at or ignored by the staff. One lady mumbled something under her breath but I didnt ask her to repeat it. Went to the pool and the towels were a joke, not much larger than hand towels you would see in a bathroom. Big signs posted not to leave the pool area until you were completely dry. I would have needed at least 6 towels to fully dry.

Continental breakfast closed early the first morning, and ran out of most things hours before it was over the second morning, the third morning we didnt even bother to look.

Desk staff at checkout was extremely ill mannered, and I was over charged for my stay. When asked to fix charges she simply stated over and over "what would you like me to do about that".

On a positive, the "ballroom" Staff were very polite, kept things cleaned up and were helpful. Perhaps the front desk and management could learn a lession in public relations from them.

Room Tip: Do your homework, decide based on facts and experiences, not emotions. Im an extensive traveller an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It has been very disappointing to read about your recent experience with us as we take our guest satisfaction very seriously. Please be assured that our team was working diligently to try and accommodate all of the requests as best they could during your stay with us. Given the number of attendees at the beauty pageant, it was impossible for us to grant too many late check outs as that in turn inconveniences those guests who are due to check in at 3:00 pm. As discussed during the telephone call with yourself and your father, we felt we had addressed your concern by refunding the credit card charge for a half day stay and granting you a check out 4 hours later.
As we do not have any guest rooms with 2 queen beds and a couch we are unclear as to why you would have been told that you could have such a room. We will investigate that further on our end to see if perhaps a new Front Desk team member gave you incorrect information and if that is the case, we will rectify that immediately.
You also comment that we do not have a restaurant in the Hotel however the White Spot is in the Hotel and this does allow us to provide room service to our guests.
Regarding your last point (as well as noted in your father’s review) our pool towels are the same size as the bath towels in the guest rooms and we have never received complaints about their size to date.
As Ownership mentioned in response to your father’s review, we are happy to discuss this with you further and encourage you to contact us directly.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We were made to wait for a dirty room we came for an event. The cleaning staff sneered as we walked by. Others in our group were yelled at for no apparent reason
Our room needed repairs which were never done and the maintenance guy said he was never told and explained that a broken door handle could haven locked us in our room or out. The front staff came and looked. said it would be fine i expressed my concern as we were there for an event and did not want to be locked out. The cleaning staff didn't come with fresh towels until well after four o'clock they never made the beds or took the recycling which was clearly full. Horrible hotel dirty extremely rude staff horrible food never had an experience like this before i am i have been all over the world. Disgusted mama

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Ramada Plaza Abbotsford Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!