“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Abbotsford Hotel

You added Abbotsford Hotel to your Saves list
Abbotsford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2073 Clearbrook Road, Abbotsford, British Columbia V2T 2X1, Canada (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Abbotsford
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this hotel because I was looking to save some $$. Apparently it used to be a Comfort Inn but is currently an independently owned and managed hotel. The staff were very helpful and polite. The hotel is near the main highway. At least 2/3 of the rooms have entrances from outside corridors while the remaining 1/3 of the rooms are accessible from indoors. This feature seemed unusual to me. There is no elevator so expect to haul your luggage up the stairs. The internet was adequate (typical hotel service) and the breakfast provided included cereal, fruit, pastries, and waffles. Our room was very spacious and appeared to have been recently updated. There were some wall patches that had been poorly done and the carpet was coming up in one area. Also, the vanity drawers had not been cleaned out recently. The linens, mattress, and towels were in good condition. There was a microwave and small refrigerator in the room plus 4 arm chairs. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a mid-range hotel that doesn't break the bank.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the back will not have a view but will be quieter due to freeway noise on the front...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
deb S, Director of Sales at Abbotsford Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay was. We are very pleased with all of your comments and we will address the issues that you mentioned with our staff. We want to ensure that you have the best quality of service and products when staying at our hotel. Please think of us once again if and when you will be travelling to the Abbotsford area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

Just this month me and my boyfriend check in at this hotel , we are a little bit disspointed we book the room a few days before, so we our expecting that everything is well prepared but when we check in, in the middle of the night I decided to take a shower then I was so surprise that we only get two towels, can u imagine, then I told my boyfriend to call the front desk so we can ask for more towels but the telephone in the room is not even working, so we decided to just use whatever we have because we our too tired already to just go down and ask for towels, then the bed was so noisy whenever u move u can hear the spring of the bed so we didn't have a good sleep either.. When were going to check out i talk ed to the front desk and tell about our complaint, they said sorry and about the telephone they said its under construction that's why is not working, So i told him if the phone is not working they should leave a note in the room and leave a phone number that we can contact by our cephones just incase we need something... This is the second time i get disspointed at this hotel, we are paying the right amount, but we are not that happy, for me they should actually gave as a discount for that but anyway its done' but the receptionist our nice.. Sorry for my complain' I'm just telling my experience here, thank u'

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
deb S, Director of Sales at Abbotsford Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay went. Please accept our apology for the phone issue. These things do happen and our recent construction has no bearing on the phone not working. All phones should work. Our beds are all new and the fact that they are recently purchased concerns me if one is squeaking. Please call our hotel and provide us more information on what room you occupied so we can address the squeaky bed issue and to allow you another stay at our hotel on us. Thank you!
Summerland, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

I took my two children here for the weekend for a getaway, the staff were very polite and friendly. The pool was clean and warm. My room was immaculate the beds were comfy and I always had towels ( cause you know kids always leaving them at the poolside) the continental breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015
deb S, Director of Sales at Abbotsford Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Thank you for letting us now how we succeeded in making your family stay a pleasant one and that you will return in the near future. We appreciate your business and always want to ensure that you feel comfortable and welcome.
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

I found the service was friendly and inviting. The room was amazing, I was indeed impressed with the upgrades to the hotel. The bed was perfect and the room was clean and the presentation was memorable for sure. The whole stay had a big city look with a small town feel. I will return for sure anytime I am in the area and look forward to it. Well done Abbotsford Hotel. Bonus, Pet friendly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

deb S, Director of Sales at Abbotsford Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to let us now how we exceeded in making your stay at the Abbotsford Hotel a pleasant one and we welcome you back when and if you return to our area.
Abbotsford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

the room was clean & a good price, we were minutes away from the hospital which was why we chose this motel. I forgot to tell them we were handicapped at check in so we had to walk a distance to get to the room, the motel was well secured.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

deb S, Director of Sales at Abbotsford Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy that your stay was a pleasant one, particularly if you were having a family hospital stay. We welcome you back when and if you require accommodation in the Abbotsford area.
Okotoks, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

I had stayed here with my husband for a few days while he worked in town. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the beds are not super soft (we prefer soft) but were adequate. There was only a couple of things that would have increased the rating. First, the gym consists of one treadmill in a very small room by the pool. There is a beam that runs through the room so if you are over 5'7 or 5'8, you may have difficulties using it. Other than that, there were some dumbell weights and some kind of reclining chair? I only used the treadmill once as it felt unstable. Housekeeping kept strange hours. I tried to be out of the room by 9am, only to return at 3pm to find that housekeeping had not come, and after I left, my husband said one day he went to work at 5:30am, returning at 3:30-4pm, and housekeeping still had not come. Lastly, the breakfast was adequate, nothing special. Waffles that you put in a toaster (appeared to be store bought from a box), bread to toast, fruit, a couple choices of pastries, yogurt and 3 brands of cereal.
The front staff were pleasant, however, appeared to have issues with releasing a hold/deposit on the credit card.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went. We welcome feedback to enable us to improve all aspects of our hotel and to really find out how our customers feel. We welcome you back in the near future.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

PET FRIENDLY!
Very nice clean rooms, beds are very comfortable and the staff are all so very nice and accomodating.
We will definitely be staying here again and again.
They delivered on every one of our requests!

Room Tip: We always call hotels personally rather than use websites. We like the fact that we can sometimes ge...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

deb S, Director of Sales at Abbotsford Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we succeeded in making your stay with us a pleasant one. We are always pleased to welcome our 4 legged friends when they arrive. Please come and stay with us once again when and if you are travelling to the Abbotsford area again.

Been to Abbotsford Hotel? Share your experiences!