“What a dump” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn, Abbotsford

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn, Abbotsford to your Saves list
Comfort Inn, Abbotsford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2073 Clearbrook Road, Abbotsford, British Columbia V2T 2X1, Canada   |
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Abbotsford
“What a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife booked this place through comforts booking center, should have checked here first, hallway smelled strongly of piss and there was a puddle outside our door, The pool was freezing and the "hot tub" was colder. Asked at the front desk for them to fix it and the guy says "oh so the knob is probably missing" when I didn't say anything about the knob witch was missing the guy Comes down with a pair of pliers and turns the timer and tells us that will heat it up, it didn't. Then I start reading reviews on here and realize that the hot tub, sauna, pool and hotel in general have sucked here for a long time shame on comfort inn for having this dump with their name on it very disappointing

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jasabbotsford, General Manager at Comfort Inn, Abbotsford, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent comments on our property. I am a believer that these sites offer a communal platform to share experiences on, that enable us check in to a hotel and sleep comfortably, and that can't be a bad thing. We can never please 100% of people 100% of the time, no matter how hard we try, but we never stop trying.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you once again when you return to the Abbotsford area. Please call us and we will be pleased to offer you a complimentary stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oak Harbor, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I agree that this hotel would be better classified as an EconoLodge because it gives the other Comfort Inns a bad name. I decided to take a little trip and cash in some points for hotel rooms and it was obvious that my points would get me more at this place, but I should have asked why that was.

Although this hotel is actually a nice property and is centrally located, it is in the process of being renovated, something that was apparently long overdue. You first noticed it when entering the lobby through doors that didn’t work quite right. The dining and front desk areas were bright and clean, but that is apparently where attention to detail ended. My room had two comfortable chairs but was missing the table and the lamp was just sitting on the floor. There was still painters tape on my bathroom door knob.

The rooms are actually nice sized but the heater/AC systems are outdated. When we notified the front desk that a telephone didn’t work in one of our rooms we were told the maintenance man would be in tomorrow. When I asked for another phone from an empty room I was told that wasn’t possible and that the maintenance man would be in tomorrow, so sorry. They actually have a nice little pool, sauna and hot tub but the hot tub switch was broke and there were no towels. When I asked for towels I was told to bring them from the room. I made sure I returned the towel to the room because I am pretty sure I would have been charged for it when I left if I didn’t.

The breakfast for this type of establishment was standard with the only hot item being the waffle. It appeared that they limited what they put out to ensure nobody would over eat by having more than two boiled eggs at one sitting. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel and I recommend making use of that if you are looking for breakfast.

Great location and it may actually be nice place to stay once they finish the project.

Room Tip: The room locations and sizes vary widely, with some opening to the outside and some to inside hallwa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience...Please allow us to host you one again in the near future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the night. We booked into the honeymoon suite as a treat. The front desk staff were totally rude, basically accusing us of smoking in the room, when we hadn't even been checked in yet!! We had NEVER stayed there before. It was the most disgusting service I've ever had.

Secondly, the bathroom had raw exposed lumber on the vanity. The one bed side lamp did not work, and the one that did had the loudest buzzing noise ever!!

Now on to the jacuzzi!! It was stained and dirty. The plug would not stay down, so the water kept draining.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Hello and thank you for your review and your concerns. We are very disappointed that you had an unpleasant experience and we wished that you would have informed our staff about your dissatisfaction at the time so we might have had the opportunity to provide you with another room. Our guests are very pleased with our rooms, and we have our 6 month inspection that we do qualify and pass these inspections for our Comfort Inn status.
Fort St. John, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our recent stay here is testiment to why I should not allow others to choose a hotel without first checking on Trip Advisor for advice! Budget hotels (no complaints about the rates) can be well maintained, everything in working order and clean. This hotel is not currently any of those things. As reported in other reviews, the staff is friendly and tried to respond to requests, but some things just are not to acceptable standards. Our reservation was handled correctly, and the room was large. Strangely it lacked furniture in a very spacious area adjacent to the kitchenette- a table & chairs under the light or a sofa bed or frankly- anything to occupy the space would have been appropriate. We were not in the room long, before realizing that there was a substancial ant population moving accross the telephone desk. The manager on duty was apologetic and happily moved us to another suitable room. As in the first room, the room was spacious, but lacked appropriate furnishings. The TV placement was weird, needing to moved sideways to be seen from the from the bed, or as placed by housekeeping when we entered the room, covering the main room light switch and facing a large area devoid of any furnishings. The room had obviously recently undergone a paint job and a new carpet, but the painter's tape was still on the inside of the bathroom door knob. After hanging our clothes in the closet, the rail fell down as the plastic holder was broken (reported to maintenance, but not fixed during our multi-day stay. The room was anything but quiet, between the staircase noise of other guests or the freeway noise from the parking lot... one had best not be a light sleeper. There are better places to stay in Abbotsford.

Room Tip: I think it would be a gamble to try to select any room at this time. This property needs to complet...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are terribly sorry for your uncomfortable stay at our hotel, and strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously. Please be assured that we continuously make progress in our maintenance and that you will see and experience if you return to our property. Thank you for your business.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

A frequent user of Choice Club motels, my wife and I were very disappointed in our stay at this location. This location should be reclassified as an Econo Lodge unless major upgrades are completed.
First, on a positive note, we were greeted by very courteous staff. The lobby/breakfast area were quite clean.
Room 114 was assigned. The bed was comfortable. It was nice to have a kitchen nook with table and chairs, and a small fridge that worked.
Overall though - Poor is an understatement ! The security lock had been kicked off by someone. The door handle to the adjacent room fell onto the floor. Furnishing were very, very dated ! Bedding was clean but old. The interior paint job made the room look old and dingy. Lighting was poor for reading. The desk area was less than the width of one's body from the bed - useless arrangement. Although there were many ground floor rooms with direct access available when we checked in, we were assigned one in an older wing with no direct access.
Breakfast area - small; lightly stocked;
Price point - should be reduced by 25% for value received;
Based on our experience, I cannot in good conscience recommend this location. However, keeping in mind our notes, other travellers may be able to avoid the pitfalls we experienced.

Room Tip: Based on our experience only, ensure a ground floor room with direct exit.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are terribly sorry for your uncomfortable stay at our hotel, and strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. We are continuously working diligently on the maintenance and improvements that need to be done!Thank you for your business and we welcome you back in the near future. Please let us know of your return and we will be pleased to honor a 50% discount.
Call and ask for the Ash (General Manager) preferably in the morning.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Absolutely gross. No travel company should promote this hotel until they seriously clean and upgrade it for sanitary resons. The Abbotsford Health inspector should pay the hotel a visit.

My family and I were disgusted with the conditions. We did not stick around for the breakfast, frozen waffles eggs as it would be questionable on how the clean the kitchen is kept.

I agree with another review...why would the comfort inn allow their name to used to represent this run down dump.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are terribly sorry for your uncomfortable stay at our hotel, and strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, we would like to invite you back. I would like to give you a complimentary one night stay. Please call the hotel in the AM and speak with Ash. Thank you and we look forward in another opportunity to have you as our valued guest.
perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed one night . Check in staff ok but the hotel itself needs work.If you on the second floor you will have to carry suitcases up the stairs, no elevator.Lights not working in room, exhaust fan only worked when it felt like it. If you dont want to eat at the burger joint next door. you have got a bit of a walk ahead of you if you dont have a car.Overall I have stayed in worse but I probably should have picked the Best Western over the road

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor. We value your feedback and want to ensure you that we are taking all steps to make our property a desirable one that you want to return to. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you as our guests on your next trip to the Abbotsford area.

Been to Comfort Inn, Abbotsford? Share your experiences!