“This hotel is a disgrace to the Choice Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Abbotsford Hotel

You added Abbotsford Hotel to your Saves list
Abbotsford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2073 Clearbrook Road, Abbotsford, British Columbia V2T 2X1, Canada (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Abbotsford
Montreal, Canada
“This hotel is a disgrace to the Choice Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We decided to stay there because of the standards of the Choice Hotels. Unfortunately this hotel is far from meeting these standards. Upon entering the lobby there is a smell ... it stinks. The check-in is going good and the clerk was so courteous and helpful. We enter in our room and the same smell in the lobby is found in the room. We open the windows and left the door open to ventilate the room. Cleanliness is the minimum. My wife suffers from allergies has trouble breathing. Comfortable bed. The bathroom is to use "eyes closed" not to see that there is mold around the bath. Breakfast is really the only positive note of this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Jasabbotsford, Manager at Abbotsford Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. Here at the Comfort inn we strive to provide superior service to all of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we failed to do this during your stay. I only wish that I had been aware of the problems you were experiencing while you were still with us, as I would have taken immediate action(s) to ensure you had a more enjoyable stay.
My staff, here at the Comfort Inn, strives to do their best to attend to all of our guests and their lodging needs. Therefore for the future, if you feel the room is dirty or just not what you were looking for, you can always ask for a room change immediately and the front desk clerk will be more then pleased to assist you. Therefore, if you had informed the front desk clerk they would have taken immediate action.

Since receiving your complaint I have spoken with Maintenance staff and assure you that in the future you will not encounter any problem(s) of this sort. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations, and we once again thank you for bringing these concerns to our Housekeeping and Maintenance department.

We appreciate and also thank you for the time you have taken to inform us of your experience. Therefore, we would like to offer a 10% discount off your next stay at the Comfort Inn, Abbotsford. We look forward to welcoming you again and showing you the improvements that have been made as a result of your review.

We are rennovating our property and will be completing this winter.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with me. I am in the off
ice Monday – Friday: 07:00 to 15:00.

Regards,

Ash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

stopped here because of convenience along the highway while en-route. front staff was nice and upgraded our room for no more $. there was an extra fee for pets, but aside from that there was nothing pet-friendly about the place. there was virtually no "pet comfort area" to be found, and no treats or water. we explored a bit and found a park about 1.5 blocks away though. room was pretty nice, not too noisy for its location (except for the party at the rugby club down the street). Free breakfast was poor though, a couple of muffins, some old cheerios and raisin bran, a bit of bread and coffee

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Port Alberni
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

stumbled across this hotel by accident and it was a bit difficult to find the way in, but, it was certainly worth it! The rates are the best I've seen in the area for such a great hotel. It is very clean, rooms are extra large, bed comfortable and they provide a decent breakfast. If you prefer to have a full, restaurant breakfast (or any other meal) it is through a doorway in the lobby area. All amenities you would expect and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Blackie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were traveling home from Vancouver island and were hoping to get to Hope, BC the first night. We were tired so w decided to get a hotel in Abbotsford.

We were traveling with our dog so the hotel needed to be pet friendly, which this hotel is. We were also traveling with our 13 month old son.

We checked into the hotel at around 11:45 pm and declared the dog and agreed to pay the pet surcharge. We all got settled in and got my son back to sleep when the phone rang - reception was asking if we had a cat. My wife told them, 'No'. Of course, this woke up our son.

10 minutes later, the idiot at reception called again to confirm f we had a cat with us. This time, I made it very clear to him that we were not traveling with a cat, we only had a dog and a baby which he had now woken up twice!

The rooms were average, the breakfast was lousy but what one would expect from one of these discount hotels. The Internet was not working in our wing (the only wing) of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

We are rennovating the propert and will be completing this winter.

ice Monday – Friday: 07:00 to 15:00.

Regards,

Ash
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We ended up in this hotel because there was a volleyball tournament going on and everything else was booked. We arrived around 2:00, but our room wasn't ready yet. The front desk called housekeeping who started right away cleaning the room. We watched the housekeeper from the parking lot. Once she was done, we went into get our keys. We walked from the lobby to the room (maybe a minute) opened the door (using the key) and there was someone else in the room! She said it was her room!!! Oh, and we had requested a non-smoking room which that room definitely was not. We went back to the front desk. The clerk never explained what happened or why there was someone in our room, but immediately gave us the keys to another room.
Upon entering that room, we found out that the fridge was broken and one of the light switches would not stay on. I mentioned the fridge problem to the front desk person, but she did nothing to fix it or even offer.
There was no air conditioning and the room was warm, so we left the window open at night. The traffic noise wasn't too bad, but there was a woman somewhere outside (maybe at the restaurant behind the hotel) who was obviously drunk and yelling most of the night.
If we had to do it over, we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Vernon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I don't even know where to start! Upon entering the room, we reached for glasses to use and all four were filthy. We took them to the front desk where we waited for service for 10 min's. Our glasses were replaced. Once we were settled we realized we'd made a big mistake! The toilet became plugged twice, the lamp was broken, the mirrors were filthy, the blanket on the bed had food on it, the shower curtain was filthy, there was coffee stains on the walls behind the coffee maker, coffee pot had to be washed before we could use it, the ceiling had water damage in two large areas directly above both beds, there was peeling walllpaper on the corners of the walls and the fridge froze $20 worth of fruit and veg's we had stored in it. That is only the room! It took a great deal of pushing to get the sauna door open and once we did we discovered it was broken. The workout room had one tv and a treadmill that was out of order. It appeared there was a new treadmill in a box holding the door open?? We did ask for management to come and witness all the damage and filth in our room before we left and were told there was 'no management' on Sundays. What kind of establishment in a Hotel Industry has no management on Sun's? Instead 2 women from housekeeping came, they listened but I'm not sure what they understood as they couldn't speak any english?? I requested that they call the front desk and let the clerk know what they saw. They did as I asked, said they were sorry and left the room. When we arrived at the front desk I had to tell the front clerk AGAIN what we'd been thru. She said "oh, are you room 108"? to which I answered "yes". Then I had to ask if we were going to be compensated for all of the trouble. She did discount our room from $89/night to $57. I'm not imbelishing when I say that this room wasn't even worth $57 but at the time I'd had enough and so we left. I'd like to say I think it's an atrosity that in this convenient location where there are several very decent hotels within min's of each other for the same price or slightly higher that this hotel is still in business!! I'm really questioning whether " BC Health Standards" are being met here and so felt obliged to let people know before they choose in this area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
kamloops
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed here, as we were attending Abbotsford Air Show. Was super easy to find, right off of highway, and close to Airshow. It was just okay. Rooms were quite dated....hallway REEKED of cigarette smoke... we drove to dinner as Ricky's wasn't appealing to us--Me 'n Eds was a short drive away in Abbotsford. Don't think I'd stay here again, although I'm glad I was able to only pay $88.00 before taxes for room---which was a great deal in August during Air Show.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Jasabbotsford, Manager at Abbotsford Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2010

Been to Abbotsford Hotel? Share your experiences!