“Was expecting better?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cielito Lindo

Cielito Lindo
20491 Fraser Hwy, Langley City, British Columbia, Canada (Douglas)
604.539.5222
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 280 restaurants in Langley City
Neighborhood: Douglas
Neighborhood: Douglas
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Was expecting better?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have been looking for authentic Mexican food in the lower mainland for a while. We live in Pheonix, Arizona part time, so we really crave good, authentic Mexican food in the Lower Mainland when we are stuck in Canada. ...found good reviews of this restaurant on Trip Advisor, so decided to visit on this past Sat. night with friends. Was hoping for better....very, very plain food, menu is really quite basic, nothing special. The tortilla soup did look interesting, but I ordered the "giant veggie burrito". To be honest, I could get a better burrito at Taco Del Mar...in fact, I recommend it over this...disappointed. :( Will not visit again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Langley
“Good times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

i just need something to satisfy my craving. Tacos were very good!! nice niche Mexican restaurant!! Good Food

Visited November 2012
Surrey, Canada
“Excellent hole in the wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We found this place through tripadvisor. It was very quiet on a Saturday night. We were the last clients of the night. I had the home style fish. It was excellent. Te other 2 with me got a chili releno and a burrito. All were very good and total meal was only 40 dollars for all of us. Great food at a great value.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Langley City, Canada
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a small place hole in the wall with really good true mexican food. Good prices and genuine folks to serve you. The taco are delicous!

Visited September 2012
vancouver canada
“Authentic Mexican food in BC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a restaurant our family visits once a week, sometimes more! It's been in business a long time, at least 10 years that I know of! It' just a tiny place, and the decor and ambiance are lacking. BUT the food is excellent! We've been to many Mexican restaurants that have very festive decor, blasting music, etc…. only to find the food very mediocre. That is NOT the case here! I've tried a number of dishes, and they've all been excellent. What's even better? The price! I often get the 2 soft tacos (chicken or beef) it's only $4.00! I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited September 2012