“Stay in Langley” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Langley Hwy Hotel to your Saves list
Langley Hwy Hotel
Langley Hwy Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20470 88th Avenue, Langley City, British Columbia V1M 2Y6, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Langley)   |
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Langley City
SUMMERLAND
“Stay in Langley”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Not really impressed by the mould around the door. Was unable to get a room key until the following day - needed to be let in and out by the lobby staff. Room did not smell nice.

It was cheap and in a good location but that's about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
GIG HARBOR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was too tired and late to not stay the one night although we were to stay three but the room smelt like smoke in a non smoking room. I could smell the sewer thru the bathroom and had to keep the fan on all night which interrupted my sleep. The room was small with visible signs of damage to door opening. Door would not lock, close for security. Woke up with sick family and could not breath so we left. Not willing to get room change if offered. This is the condition of this room, not willing to try another. Was not even crowded, was this the best you can offer. Very disappointed in this experience since I have stayed at Travel Lodge in past and always had pleasant experience. This reminded me of a seedy, dirty place. I would never stay there again. It was a waste of not only my money, my time and I feel contributed to our health being affected. I will question in the future this brand.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

David K, Manager at Langley Hwy Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We have looked into your issues and have checked the main points of your concerns. Our engineer has examined the plumbing, the doorway and the AC unit. The room allocation was non-smoking and we have tested the room for any scents along with our cleaning supplier to find the root of any problem. All checked to be without any issue. We have recently added new mattresses in August and hope the bed was a comfortable rest.
The guest experience was not our aim for any clients stay and please do feel assured if there are any health concerns we have contracted professionals clean the carpets and pest control checking the rooms every month. We thank you for your comments and hopefully you will have a better experience next time.
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

When I checked in I was given room 110. My elelctronic key wouldn't work in the door so they transferred my to room 108.

When I opened the door the room had a sour odor coming out of it. I wandered around the room for a few minutes and tracked down the problem. The shower curtain, a cloth one, was soaked in urine. Someone had pissed in the shower and it soaked into the curtain. I tore the shower curtain off the rod and threw it outside. I then telephoned the front desk and told them I needed a new shower curtain. They never sent one. As a consequence I was unable to take a shower.
The pub next door played loud thumping rock music until midnight so I didn't get a great sleep either.

I will never stay at another Travellodge in my life and I urge you everyone to avoid this dump.

Room Tip: Stay at the Sandman
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

This was one of the most disgusting places I have ever stayed. The room smelled of mold and mildew, the sink did not drain, the toilet never stopped running and there was some mystery stains on the walls and door. The bed sheets had stains on them as well. I will never stay here again nor would I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

we checked in at around 9pm,tired and exhausted..as we walked down th hallway,everywhere was a total downfall.dirty hallways made me think of leaving the place.got the room swipe card from the front desk staff who never even greet and smiled.when we swiped the card to unlock the room,a dirty,stinky ,unprepared room greeted us! the front desk lady gave us a room which was not even cleaned,totally not ready for occupancy.that was so upsetting.she never apologized.anoher hotel guy instead ushered us to change a room..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicole V, Manager at Langley Hwy Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We have discovered the computer error and have had our computer support make sure that any incorrect room status will not be an issue. The system crash had allowed incorrect status to default and had entered all rooms clean. We have this resolved and should have no further room status issues in the future. It is our policy to bring about a great stay experience to the clients that come to our property.

Been to Langley Hwy Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Langley Hwy Hotel

Address: 20470 88th Avenue, Langley City, British Columbia V1M 2Y6, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Langley)
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Langley > Langley City
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Langley City
Hotel Class:2 star — Langley Hwy Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Langley Hwy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Langley City
Travel Lodge Langley City
Langley City Travel Lodge
Langley City Travelodge
Langley Hwy Hotel Langley City

If you own or manage Langley Hwy Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.