“Rude front desk service July 13 pm.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Westward Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Westward Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   19682 Fraser Highway, Langley City, British Columbia V3A 4C7, Canada (Formerly Canadas Best Value Inn Langley) (Nicomeki)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Langley City
“Rude front desk service July 13 pm.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I was mistakenly put through to this motel when I asked for the name of the chain to which this motel formerly belonged. I specifically asked the woman that answered if it was the hotel I had stayed at earlier this year and was assured it was. On arrival at the preferred hotel, we had no reservation. It was then we called the 1-800 number back and learned we were booked into the Westward where we had stayed *years prior* and didn't return because it was dirty and the air conditioners were rattling all night.
When I explained I had been mislead into believing it was the Best Value Inn she said she was the one I had spoken to and blatantly denied doing so. She refused to accept our cancellation and insisted she'd be charging my card for the room. I tried to explain that she had not been truthful when I asked about staying there earlier this year so my reservation was made in error, and therefore I should not be charged for cancelling. She was VERY rude and said "Well you're going to be charged" and hung up on me! This happened in front of my husband AND the front desk staff at the Best Value Inn (& Call recorded!)

We drove to the Westward to stay there rather paying for another room and explained to the woman at the desk that I had just been rudely hung up on. The look on her face indicated she hadn't expected us to show up and she then accused me of being the one that hung up. I let it slide and asked for our room key since we were being charged for it. She started to say she had no more rooms and that she had let ours go because she thought we were staying elsewhere. I pointed out it had only been a few minutes and I had been told I was being charged so we wanted the room we had mistakenly reserved. She gave us a key to check the room and when we pulled back the bed cover to check for clean sheets (having had the aforementioned negative experience at this motel) we saw short dark hair on the sheets (didn't match ours!) so I took a picture and returned to the desk where I politely explained the bed wasn't clean and I showed her the picture. She told us to "just go" because the credit card she had on file had expired in 2010 so she couldn't charge it after all!

Needless to say we were thankful that we were able to go to where we had intended to stay and made a point of putting the direct phone number of the Best Value Inn into our cells because the popular online booking service obviously hasn't updated it's databases to know that Best Value stopped lending their name to the now Westward Inn and Suites some time ago - and with good reason!

• Stayed July 2013
Roberta M, Manager at Westward Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We are truly sorry that you felt you were treated unkind. The clerk was frustrated when you called up angry that you had reserved at the wrong hotel. When the clerk looked you up in computer system you had stayed here you said in March she told you it was September. When you asked if we were on glover rd she told you we were located on fraser highway. You were also told we were not a Canadas best value inn and we hadnt been for quite awhile. We are sorry for all the confusion. Most hotels have a twenty for hour cancellation policy. This was handled wrong and are working on how to deal with a situation like that if it ever happens again.
Westward Inn & Suites

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kent, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We almost didn't stay here, a friend who lived locally said it was run-down and in a seedy area but we read the reviews in TripAdvisor and decided to take a risk. Good move. It's a simple single storey block-built motel of the old style but well maintained and clean. The area is industrial rather than seedy and the Willowbrook shopping center is right opposite (as is a "legendary" White Spot restaurant, never a bad thing in the Vancouver area). Rooms are basic but comfortable and they have everything you need and I rather like the idea of parking right outside your front door rather than carrying your luggage from the car park, through the lobby, up in a lift and along endless corridors. Prices are very modest and the staff welcoming and helpful.
It's not the kind of place you would choose to vacation in but if you want decent, uncomplicated rooms at a fair price for a couple of nights the Westward Inn will fit your bill.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Roberta M, Manager at Westward Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel. The staff appreciate hearing how they are helping our customers have a good experience when they stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you again.

Roberta MacDonald
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Was pleasantly surprised. This hotel was very comfortable. Good value and excellent service. Would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
canadabestvalue, Manager at Westward Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests. It helps us to build on our strenghts to improve and keep all our guests happy. Thank you so much for choosing us we hope to see you soon.

Kiwon Lee & Roberta MacDonald
Keremeos, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I find the rooms clean and tidy. The beds are so comfortable. This place is close to restaurants and shopping. The staff is friendly and helpful. I always recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
canadabestvalue, Manager at Westward Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
We are always so happy to hear that our guests enjoy their stay. We have an excellent cleaning staff who do their very best to keep our motel clean and comfortable. We share these reviews with all our staff to let them know how they doing and how we can improve.Thank you for helping us and taking your time to review us.

Roberta & Margaret
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

The room was very clean and comfortable. The price was excellent and the staff were very helpful, informative and very pleasant. The staff were able to suggest restaurant selections for both breakfast and dinner and provide directions to take me in to Vancouver! I had a wonderful night sleep and found the location to be quite quiet and peaceful. Enjoyed the flat screen tv and was very thankful for the wireless internet. It was nice to be welcomed by a smiling face upon my arrival. Will definately be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
canadabestvalue, Manager at Westward Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
We are so gratefull for your great review of our hotel. It helps let our staff know how well they do when they are able to direct our customers to where they need to be and give customers different selections to dine in our area. On behalf of our staff we Thank you so much.

Margaret & Roberta
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The room was very comfortable and clean. Large t.v.'s mount on the wall,very easy to
watch. It was very quiet.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
canadabestvalue, Manager at Westward Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy your stay was so pleasant. We hope to see you again when you come out this way.

Margaret & Roberta
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

This place is only liveable. My room stunk and was very dreary and depressing. I prefer a clean fresh smelling room. I found this place okay but definately not a 3 or 4 star.
I think the people writing the reviews that give this place a 4 and 5 star either have never stayed at a 4 star or are friends of the owner. There are way better places to stay in Langley for the same price. This place charges extra for a kitchen and for a room with 2 double beds. One of the lady owners were extremely rude to me. Only stay at this place if it is your last resort. Do your research and stay somewhere else. Did not feel comfortable or welcome at this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
canadabestvalue, Manager at Westward Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
We are so very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. The price of two double beds is the same as 1 queen bed. The reason we charge extra for the kitchen is it is a full size extra room. We do our best to make all our customers feel comfortable and welcome. Most of our customers are return customers the ones that write the nice reviews as they stay here often. We are now using a new product on the smoking rooms to aleviate the smoke smell.

Margaret And Roberta

Been to Westward Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!