“The best in okanagan” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
West Kelowna, Canada
“The best in okanagan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Service is good , the food everything .lamb chop also their sea food all was great ...............the best restaurant in town

Visited February 2012

Castlegar, Canada
“Atmosphere not the Same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were at the Diamond our first time November of 2011. We chose it for our dinner because when we were walking by I looked in the window and seen that they had a real brick fireplace and it was all ablaze. We stopped in looked at the menu and made reservations for later in the evening. I thought it would be a great way to end our weekend of visiting with my father in law, by taking him out for a lovely dinner. We arrived and got seated very close to the fireplace. We enjoyed ourselves with the good food and great, great ambiance.
We were visiting again just last weekend and decided to again, end the weekend on a a great note by going back for dinner. When we arrived the fireplace was not lit, and we were told by the hostess that they were not, and have not been lighting it because the wood they got was infested with carpenter ants and that bring it in to the restaurant was not advisable. What a bummer. I'm telling you, seeing this gorgeous fireplace sitting there with a few lit candles burning inside of it just looked very, very sad. The restaurant was very busy, with Christmas parties going strong. What a let down, for us and the rest of the diners. We really did not enjoy ourselves, and the food was just so, so. I'm not sure why the owners have not bothered to purchase useable firewood, it can't be a financial thing, as I mentioned before, the place was a buzz. It's also one of very few restaurants that is open in Osoyoos during the winter season and the time to have a huge roaring fire is then. It was a real let down for us this time, and we will not go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Reminds me of a favorite restaurant from my childhood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Travelling through Osoyoos with some colleagues recently; one insisted on eating at the Diamond on our first night. When I walked into the place it reminded me of a steakhouse that my parent's always took me to in the 1980's. The menu had a wide variety: pasta, steaks, greek food etc.

I ordered the Lasagna which came out quicker than expected and the top was slightly underdone (cheese was melted but not brown and bubbling). The garlic bread was cut thick but nothing special.

The real highlight was the local beer that was on tap. Where can I get more of the Oliver Firehouse Stout?

I'd reccomend the Diamond to anyone wanting a nostalgic tour of what a family steakhouse was like in the mid 1980s. It's a good experience but fine dining it is not.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nanoose Bay, Canada
“Friendly staff and ok food...nothing special at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Ths menu in this restaurant is pages and pages of food - steaks, seafood, Italian, Greek, salads, apps....too much really. I started with Escargot which was drenched in butter and over-cooked and my friend had Calamari - bland and boring, although there was enough on the plate to feed a small army. My main course was a Peppercorn steak - grisly and not cooked to my specification but it was edible. For $29 it was not what I was hoping for. There aren't many decent restaurants in Osoyoos from what I gather, but I would not return to this place again no matter how hungry I was. The $100 I spent on dinner would be much better spent on groceries and cooked over a campfire. The only upside was the friendly service, but it wasn't enough to go back...

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Abbotsford, Canada
“Nice restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent Calamari. Steak was great, Reasonable priced
Great assortment of wine and beer.
Large portions did not leave any room to try out desert.

Visited November 2012