“love at first sight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nk'Mip Campground & RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osoyoos
Nk'Mip Campground & RV Resort
You added Nk'Mip Campground & RV Resort to your Saves list
8000 45th Street, Osoyoos, British Columbia V0H 1V6, Canada   |
Vancouver BC Canada
“love at first sight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days at the end of May.The lakefront sites were wonderful.The bathrooms were warm and clean.Beautiful grounds and quiet.I liked their rules and felt safe.Everyone was friendly and polite.I will go back for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Invermere, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Throughout the last 10 years I have spent much of my time in resorts, RV park/campgrounds with both my free time and my work. It has not been often I have found a reort operated with such high standards and with such a diverse and cultural appeal.
The location is about one of the best that could ever be found in the South Okanagon and the exceptional variety of sites avaialble with the high end RV Park to thier unique and comfortable Yurts, the new waterfront cabins (very well done)and exceptional suites at Spirit Ridge certainly does give one many choices.
The cultural centre here is very imformative and has an unique variety of educational and informative services. The Winery here is certainly well known and has some of the finest BC award winning wines available.
The veritable 'zoo' of natural wildlife here is abundant and diverse whether in the protected desert areas on strolling along the hundreds of yards of private beach here, there is always something new to see and experience.
Of the 40 plus RV parks and resorts I have experienced so far, I would consider NKMIP one of the very best any time of year.

Room Tip: ..be sure to make a reservation well in advance as this particular resort is in real demand..
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Was here Labour Day long weekend. Very small sites, no privacy, but we luckily had very nice neighbours. Warm lake, very accessible. Very helpful staff, had proprane fires available for rent, was a great option!
Will go back next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The local first nation has done an amazing job being entrepreneurs and this is one of their businesses. It is done up beautifully with the gardening, statues and architecture there washrooms are nice and clean and there is even a pool and they have nice size laundry facilities Nice friendly helpful staff and you can even rent a propane fire for a reasonable ten dollars a night This is place is really nice depending on what you are looking for if you are looking for privacy this is not the place for you the campground is situated along osooyoos lake however you are basically backing into your parking spot and there is room for a small tent and the picnic tables they provide there is absolutely no privacy as you are back to back with other sites the lake is also not very good for motor boats as it is quite shallow it is a good fishing lake best time to go is offseason cheaper rate and less people would not of wanted to be here during a long wk

Room Tip: waterfrontage is the best view and lake is easily accessible
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Summerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Had to stay here because of an event. There is no communication between management and staff. There was no 30 amp power to my pole and I thought my new trailer was broken. Luckily someone lent me a 30 to 50amp (?) converter and I finally had power at 9pm. Then, the scare cannons for the orchard/vineyard went off at 4:30am. I'm not exaggerating. It was like 3 shot gun blasts in a row and it shook my trailer. This went on every 5 mins till about 5 or 6 am. People I spoke to at campground said it went on all week. I don't know how they run a business with that going on. Luckily they didn't go off on sat or Sunday. On Saturday the scare cannon was going off until about 9pm. And there is a place at the entrance that gives helicopter rides so that is buzzing around all day. I only stay here cause I have to. Would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Parksville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Let me start off by saying that the staff were very nice to deal with when checking in...but that was the only pleasant experience.....after that it went downhill from there. VERY EXpensive for what you got (we were tenting) $48/night. Had people with dogs barking continually throughtout the day and night, people wandering around at 3am talking very loud/driving there cars in and out at 3 am...people in the tent next to us (which was 3 ft away) talking until 2am (wouldn't be quiet even after security asked them to quiet down. It got to the point that we left our site in the AM and stayed away until after dark just to avoid the place. (Pretty bad considering I was paying so much $$$) I would NOT recommend this place because the feeling there is cram as many as possible into the campground.($$$$)..it is more like a subdivision but I guess that some people like that...OH, p.s did I tell you just how many dogs were there??? In the area that we were in 4 out of 5 campers had 1 or more dogs.....Gotta love that barking and peeing everywhere.........

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chilliwack, Bc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at this campground for a week. Great place to stay with children. We booked waterfront sites and ended up with waterfront, but we had a 8 foot drop down to the water which was not safe for our young family. We asked to relocate and the staff was more than helpful in getting us a great spot farther down the beach. We were with friends who they moved as well so we could stay together.
Pros: warm water. Anchor boat close to campsite, campsites right on the beach, accommodating staff, clean bathrooms
Cons: fairly expensive, charges for children over 5. Not all waterfront sites have clear waterfront access

The climate in osoyoos can be very warm in july and august. Airconditioner on camper/trailers highly recommended. Summer afternoon can be very windy. As other reviewershave noted. Be careful for midnight gusts which can rip off your awning.

Room Tip: ask the staff.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Nk'Mip Campground & RV Resort? Share your experiences!