“Better the Second Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa

You added Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Rancher Creek Rd, Osoyoos, British Columbia V0H 1V0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orillia, Canada
“Better the Second Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This November my wife and I had a chance to return to Spirit Ridge for a ten day visit. We stayed in another beautiful room with all the modern amenities that one could ask for. We really appreciate that although this is a large property everything is very accessible. In the evenings we were able to use the steam room and outdoor hot tub which was located just outside the main doors to our section of the buildings. During the day we wondered through the hiking trails connected from the resort to the town of Osoyoos. We found the staff at Spirit Ridge whether they were working in housekeeping, front desk or in the dining room, to be courteous and eager to assist in any way they could.
For the wine lover, Nk'Mip winery is located on the same property.This year I was a guest to a small celebration that was held in the winery where it was just announced that Nk'Mip had been named the best winery in British Columbia and the second best in Canada by Wine Access Magazine.
I highly reccommend Spirit Ridge. A wonderful resort in a beautiful part of Canada.

Room Tip: Enjoyed our room on the mountain side. Watched the full moon rise over the mountain.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy C, Asst. Guest Services Manager at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Luckyguy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Spirit Ridge. We are very happy that you enjoyed yourselves even more during your second visit. It certainly sounds like you had an eventful stay with us this time around. We are very proud of Nk'Mip Cellar's recent awards and glad you were able to partake in the celebrations. I must admit, the hiking trails are beautiful at this time of the year and without the heat we experience in the summer time, quite relaxing.

I will pass your kind comments on to the entire resort team. I hope we can welcome you back soon, as the French say, "Jamais deux, sans trois!"

Until next time,

Timothy Charron
Asst. Guest Services Manager
Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

i had the best opportunity to travel with my dear friend to this resort this past weekend for my birthday. The room was perfect with all enemities for a weekend stay, facing the view of the mountains and the outdoor hot tub and swimming pool ( to which I was pleasantly surprised it was warm for outdoor swimming in "Dec") how much better could this get. It was a quieter time of the year to visit. the staff was friendly, helpful and smiling :). I flet like family as I was presented in my room a gift bag of goodies and a personally signed card by staff members..tour of the nk'mip wine cellars was a bonus and the guide she was knowledgeable and did it with a fun atttiude.. so to wrap up, please if in the area plan a stay, you will not be disappointed.. arden

Room Tip: rooms facing pool the best view :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Timothy C, Asst. Guest Services Manager at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello Arden,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Spirit Ridge. We always try to make special occasion stays even more special for our guests. I'm glad you were able to make use of our swimming amenities in December! Furthermore, I am thrilled you enjoyed your time at NK'MIP Cellars, recently awarded #2 Winery in Canada and #1 in BC. I hope we can welcome you back to our beautiful resort sometime soon.

Happy Birthday, Adren!

Timothy Charron, Asst. Guest Services Manager.
Mill Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I went up for a group function at this resort. The resort itself is lovely and the staff work very hard to make sure all your needs are met. As for wheelchair access, the room itself may not be very functional for people in wheelchairs, depending on your specific needs. In fact, when we checked in, we drove and parked our car then went up to our room on the third floor so we did not realize that there are only stairs to access the building we were in. We called and asked how we could exit safely and were told we had to wheel through the underground and go in and out the neighbouring building. I have attached photos and you can see that the shower is "wheel in" but there is no built in bench. The manager (who was so helpful) went and got us a stool from the local drug store so make sure you request this if you decide to book. There are no grab bars by the toilet (though there is one in the shower). Please don't get me wrong and view this as a negative experience. I simply am writing my reviews from the aspect of wheelchair access. We loved the weekend and the resort is lovely with so many amenities right on site (2 pools, restaurant, fitness room, tasting room, general store). If wheelchair access is NOT a concern I would recommend Spirit Ridge wholeheartedly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mike C, OperationsManager at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Hi Leah
Thank you so much for this valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to hear that the staff were helpful during your recent visit.
I have noted your concerns about wheelchair accessibility and will pass them on to the approprate individuals. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns as this is a very important area for us to improve on.
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I attended a Board meeting and conference here. The facilities are great for business. The resort restaurant has a nice menu and the food was very good. My suite was lovely, very well kept and had a beautiful view. It was great to have a full kitchen. I used the gym (there's a decent amount of modern equipment, water, towels, etc). I wish I had time to book a service at the spa as it looks great. When I got home I raved to my husband, so it is likely we will return for a vacation visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Mike C, Operations Manager at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this review.
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and our conference facilities.
We take great pride in our state of the art conference space.
We hope to see you back at Spirit Ridge with your husband. Couples Massage?
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We visited in the off season so nice and quiet. Check in was very easy and staff was extremely pleasent and well informed. The unit we stayed in was clean and well equipt. Some of the bedding was older with the duvet having been washed too many times and the filling had shifted into clumps but still very clean and orderly. For a one bedroom the size was adequet but the bathroom was a very nice size. One thing to take note of is if you are not use to tannins in the water taking a bath can be very disconcerting as the bath water was so dark you could barely see through it so we just took baths by candlelight. :) The layout of the bathroom doors that ajoined the living space and bedroom had a door opening confliction. Both doors had to be closed or they smashed into one another. In the end, it was a very pleasent stay.

Room Tip: lots of construction so if a view is important or you are going to be spending a lot of time on your...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike C, Operations Manager at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for posting this detailed review of your stay at Spirit Ridge.
Our water does have a high mineral content that effects clarity. We test our water daily to meet all health and safety standards. I have looked into the bedding concerns and noticed that there are a few duvets in the suites that were part of the first phase of the property that need to be replaced. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having you back at Spirit Ridge in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were really happy with all aspects of our stay. The check in process to getting our room was smooth. The staff was very friendly and helpful. No detail was overlooked. The room far exceeded our expectations and was clean, comfortable and had everything we could think of. The cultural centre was an informative, unique experience and the staff we so friendly and welcoming. The professionalism and the knowledge that the winery staff had was impressive that was equally matched by the quality of the wine. I would like to thank all the staff who made our stay just that much easier because of all the little things they did for us to make us feel special. I would recommend Spirit Ridge to families or couples because the resort has the ability to make all stays memorable and rewarding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike C, Operations Manager at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Hello BigMan
Thank you very much for posting this detailed review of your stay at Spirit Ridge.
We are so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations in so many ways.
I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the Winery and Cultural Centre as well as our Team at Spirit Ridge. Thanks again for providing us with this exceptional review. We look forward to having you back with us soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Travelling with my husband and sister in law we had a two bedroom villa - spectacular view of the valley and vineyard. Suite furnished to meet the most discerning. Enjoyed the dining room - excellent food and great service. (It was after thanksgiving, so not busy). On our second night we cooked in the suite and found all the tools needed - including a BBQ.
We enjoyed a scenic round of golf, and a vineyard tour and wine tasting. We only spent two nights but could easily have enjoyed another night or two.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mike C, Operations Manager at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience at Spirit Ridge with the Trip Advisor community.
You can't beat golf and wine tastings in October. We are thrilled that you not only enjoyed your suite but were also able to take advantage of the amenties this time of year. I will also pass your comments on to the management team at Mica Restaurant.

Thanks again.

Been to Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!