We are a family of four and stayed at the Osoyoos Holiday Inn for four days. We paid C$277 (C$318 including taxes) for a ground floor, two bedroom kitchen unit on the “beach” side. This is almost certainly the most we have ever paid for a hotel room anywhere.
The hotel is on the “strip” separating the north and south portions of Osoyoos Lake. Virtually the entire strip is covered by hotel/motels, so it is a very popular location.
The hotel is a reasonably nice property. The rooms are large with a full kitchen, room for a dining room table and a living area with a pull-out couch and TV. There is also a TV in the master bedroom. The kitchen wasn’t well stocked with cutlery, plates, drinking glasses, pots, utensils, etc. We had to ask for certain items to be sent to us just so we had one of each basic item for each member of our family.
The property backs directly on to the beach. The beach portion itself is fairly thin (maybe 8 feet from the edge of the beach to the water) and there are other properties farther down the strip with a much thicker portion of beach. The lake in this area is very shallow, meaning it is reasonably warm in the summer and you can walk out quite a distance.
The hotel provides free internet access and also has an arrangement with the marina next door (perhaps they have the same owner?) to provide for free use of kayaks, canoes and air service (for blowing up inflatables). There are also a number of barbecues available for use on the beach side. The room has excellent black-out blinds that will keep your room pitch black no matter how bright it is outside in the early morning.
There is an indoor pool with hot tub, in case you want to get out of the sun (or if you’re staying other than in July or August). There was also a small fitness room, but I didn’t use it.
Other than the lack of kitchen items and the price of the room, I can’t think of much to complain about. I would be willing to stay there again, but the price is tough to swallow and I’d definitely look around for better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Finest Lakeside Hotels in British Columbia Let us offer you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, located on Canada's warmest lake in the South Okanagan town of Osoyoos. With our prime location by one of the busiest Canada / US border crossings and at the junction of two major highways #3 & 97, this is the perfect spot for business travelers. With all of the traffic coming through, guests can take advantage of many business opportunities in town. This lakeside Holiday Inn has some of the best options for meeting venues, including two restaurants, boardroom, lounge and spacious patio. Located on a peninsula, our Holiday Inn Hotel offers views of Lake Osoyoos from every room. In keeping with the resort theme, we have our own private beach and marina, offering boat rentals (canoes, kayaks, ski boats and more), moorage, fuel and access to many water sports like parasailing. Nearby there are many world-class wineries, golf courses and plenty of good skiing. Leisure travelers will not be short of ideas for their exciting Osoyoos vacations. Our Osoyoos hotel's amenities include an indoor pool, Health & Fitness Centre with hot tub, business services and barbecue areas. With great lake views, our restaurants are rated among the best dining in the South Okanagan area. Whether in town on Osoyoos vacations or business trips, guests will find that the Holiday Inn has everything they are looking for and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday inn Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Hotel Osoyoos
- Holiday Inn Osoyoos
- Osoyoos Holiday Inn