“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 26 hotels in Osoyoos
Salisbury
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The location and price of this hotel were fantastic for our stay. It is just a short walk into town, has beautiful views and great facilities. The room was very clean, well organised and well looked after. The bed was comfortable and we had an excellent sleep. The TV and other room facilities including the kitchen were excellent. The overwhelming positive was the brilliant owners, who were extremely friendly and chatty but also efficient in checking us in and out. They were knowedgeable and helpful about the area and made an excellent experience an outstanding one.

Room Tip: The kitchen suites are excellent and large
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
welsh419, Owner at Lakeview Motel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your kind words.
We are pleased that we met your expectations during your stay.

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lumby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed here January 6,7,8, for my son's hockey tournament, These people are amazingly friendly they went above and beyond to accomadate us. We were short on cash at this time and the price was awesome fit right in our budget. I explained to Sandra I had 3 greatdanes and I couldn't find anyone to stay at our house to watch them. We couldn't afford a kennel as my husband had just lost his job just before Christmas,Sandra said they would allow us to bring dogs too! When we arrived she was as awesome in person as she was on the phone.The room was very nice clean and very inviting and roomy even with 3 people and 3 big dogs in it. I have never been in a motel/hotel that was as friendly as this we litterally felt at home and we have been alot of them with our son playing hockey. I have and will continue to tell everyone I meet about this motel and the amazing people who run it. Many Thanks Sandra and Derrick you rock!!!!!!!!! God Bless you! Thanks Dave and Deanna & Mikey. Thanks from Anubis,Titan and Spot ( the greatdanes) P.S. We love you guys and we will be back and will keep in touch.Wish you the very best

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed staying in this motel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
welsh419, Owner at Lakeview Motel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
We do try and accommodate people who stay here.I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay.
We do get hockey parents here as we are so close to the arena and our kitchen units allow guests to cook their own meals which saves them having to go out to expensive restraurants as hockey is expensive enought already without the added cost of restraurant meals.
Steinbach, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

beautiful motel in a beautiful scenic part of Canada! Worth the trip and I'll definitely be back to this wonderful welcoming and friendly family-owned motel! If you want to be welcomed you must come by!

When I arrived, I was introduced to the entire family, and while checking they went to my room and started the heater and then they also show me around the premises and were very acommidating. While I've been here they've borrowed their laptop to another guest and even offered me a ride. They're also VERY reasonably priced for the amount of service they provide :) I am ovelry satisfied with this motel and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: full kitchen suites available
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I had to be away from home for the christmas holidays for work reasons, and when I checked into the Lakeview Hotel on December 23, I was greeted by a lady named Sandra. She showed me to my room, and made sure that I was settled nicely. The room I was in was very clean, and tidy. There were plenty of towels, and the bed was very comfortable. When I checked in the family that owns the hotel invited me to a Christmas dinner on boxing day that they were hosting for the guests of the hotel. Everything was home cooked, and it was a great way too feel at home during the holidays. They served wine for everyone, and gave everyone Christmas crackers! I had a blast. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone! I hope to be back this summer to enjoy the pool but with my family this time! They are also a 3 minute walk from the lake, which is VERY convenient!

Room Tip: all rooms have mountain and lake views :)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is an "old fashioned" motel. But with clean rooms, a great price, and the included amenities, you can't beat it in Osoyoos.

Our room had a full sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee service, WiFi and 2 queen beds. It was immaculately clean. The personnel were friendly and helpful. No, it doesn't look like much from the street, but when you get to your room, you will be pleasantly surprised. I would stay here again any time I pass through Osoyoos.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Operators are efficient and friendly. We had bikes to store and they gladly offered their garage for storage. We also had to have a van dropped off a day before our arrival at the hotel, and that wasn't a problem. Pool is salt water, though I didn't get a chance to go for a dip. Had a nice bbq dinner since the motel has a few bbqs for guests to use by the pool. Motel is locate very close to a quiet beach by the lake, away from the busy-ness of the main drag. About a 10-minute walk to restaurants, etc.

For a motel, this is a very good one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We spent a night here enroute to the Rockies. Good location, spotless, standard motel fare but what's wrong with that. New kitchen and comfortable bed. Well managed. Upstairs rooms overlook the pool..big advantage if yu want to supervise the kids with a wobbly pop.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lakeview Motel? Share your experiences!