“Beautiful Resort !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Watermark Beach Resort

You added Watermark Beach Resort to your Saves list
Watermark Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Park Place | PO Box 700, Osoyoos, British Columbia V0H 1V0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Dining Getaway Package
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Osoyoos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful Resort !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

We had booked a studio suite mountain side and found out we had been upgraded to a 1bedroom lakeside suite which was great. The hotel is new this year and we usually stay at Walnut but decided to try it out. We are glad we did because the view is beautiful. The location is central and close to all the restuarants. Also a grocery store is located just beside the hotel, as well as an icecream shop. The suite was very luxuorious and clean. We had got the suite for $139 so it was quite a value!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments. While Walnut Beach is a fantastic property we appreciate you giving Watermark an opportunity to welcome you. I hope we can do so again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Calgary, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

My spouse and I stayed for 3 nights as part of an Okanagan vacation. The property is quite lovely and half of it faces the Lake with beautiful views. One of the caveats is the other half. We booked quite late and knew that there was no availability for a lakeview room. Upon checking in I laughed a bit when the person reconfirmed that we were in a "mountainside" room. Doesn't that sound nice? The kind of funny part is that yes, the room does look out toward a mountain however before the mountain is Highway 3 and a whole bunch of retail shops. There is a lovely balcony on which you can sit and watch and listen to the semis, the campers, the trucks hauling trailers, the motorcycles and the lights of the Shoppers Drug Mart and oh yes, the mountain way over there! It is quite noisy and the traffic noise is apparent even with the doors and windows shut. I am certain that the lakeview/lakeside rooms are very lovely - however adjust your expectations if you reserve a mountainside room.
We had a one bedroom which was quite nice, although if I was to be really fussy I found the decor a bit sparse. Again on the fussy side I didn't find the daily housekeeping to be exceptionally thorough - it seemed like not much more than a surface tidy. Not life altering though. I think I was expecting quite a luxurious stay and perhaps that was an incorrect expectation.
The people who work there are very friendly. The reception desk seemed to be always a bit of a gong show - keeping in mind though that it is high season. The room had a DVD player and the hotel has a DVD library but it is very limited so bring your own if you want to watch a movie.
I don't know that we have ever stayed in a pet friendly hotel. There were dogs everywhere. Which is great for people with dogs however if it's not your thing, just keep that in mind as well.
I would agree that poolside is quite noisy. However it is a family hotel and again, just be aware if that is not your thing. I sat in the sun on the pool deck for a morning and was able to relax - again, just be aware of what you are booking if you are looking for a quiet getaway.
This is a great family hotel. There were tons of families who all seemed to be highly enjoying themselves. It is great to be right next to the beach. Half of the rooms, I'm sure, are quite wonderful and then just be aware of what you will be experiencing if you book the other half.
I would probably stay here again however, I might try one of the others first (Spirit Ridge or the Walnut one) as we prefer to have a bit quieter of an experience when seeking a vacation getaway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed comments about your recent trip to the Resort. I appreciate your candid comments ( both positive and negative ) and I will review with our Operations Team on how best to make some improvements. I think in general you enjoyed your time at Watermark and perhaps you can visit us again in the near future.

Canadian Rockies, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

The best thing about this hotel is the location, right smack on the lake and lots of grassy areas and sandy beach to laze around. Gyro Park is right next to the hotel but the resort still felt very private.
The concrete walkway was nice for a stroll after dinner. Also right next door to Family Foods and within 5 minutes walking to restaurants and services. Loved the kitchen, the dishwasher was great. In suite washer and dryer was a great help especially with 2 boys. We loved the pool and the water slide. Lots of towels and lounge chairs. My 14 year old used the free wi-fi.

This resort hotel just opened in the spring of 2010 so everything in the room was brand new, beds comfortable, living and dining area and bathroom spacious. Modern fixtures all around. Lots of storage space.

Although we booked with priceline, we were able to get a room right on the corner with view of the lake on the left. Thanks! We'll definitely stay here again.

Suggestions: tongs for the kitchen would have helped. We ate most of our meals in the hotel. Otherwise the kitchen was well stocked. There seemed to be only one luggage cart for the whole hotel so another one would have better. The faux wooden blinds were not enough to block the sunlight. We would have preferred to sleep in but my husband and I woke up at 7:30 from the sunlight. For those who want to sleep in, bring sleep blinders (the ones that you slip around your eyes).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your most recent visit. We continue to seek out a solution for the early morning wakeup call some of our guests receive and hope one will present itself soon.

Kelowna, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I just came back from a weekend away in Osoyoos at Watermark. I had heard so many great things about Watermark that I had to get there this summer!

To say that our experience exceeded expectations would be a MASSIVE understatement. The facility was incredible, the patio had great food, and we even treated ourselves to a poolside spa treatment!

The best part of the weekend was the location. We had a townhouse unit right on the beach and it was less than a 5 minute walk to a grocery store, a liquor store, and Shoppers Drug Mart. It made the weekend so perfect....everything was right there.

Last but not least, the hotel staff were incredible! Everyone was so friendly and helpful!

I haven't stopped telling everyone I know that they have to visit Watermark!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We recently stayed at Watermark Beach Resort in Osoyoos BC and were blown away by the experience! Our suite was right on the beach with every ammenity we could ask for. We spent our days on the beach or in the pool...and a lot of time at the Wine Bar!!

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful...they genuinely wanted us to enjoy our stay. we even had poolside pedicures on our last day (highly recommended)

Everything we needed from groceries, liquor, clothing, even lake toys was located within a block of the resort so we could walk for anything we required.

Amazing venue for a wedding as well...we watched a ceremony on the beach and they did a beautiful job

We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
My thanks to you for your posting. It is particularly pleasing to read your words of praise for our staff here at the Resort. Hopefully your travels bring you back down from Kelowna again in the near future.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This was simply excellent. I've got three complaints which I'll mention below, so it wasn't perfect, but I've never known anyone to come closer at this price-point.

We had a two-bedroom suite situated over the pool, with a stunning view of the lake and the mountains across the way. Large (opening) windows, quality blinds, and a good-sized balcony with table and chairs for six. Few shortcuts were taken in this room. Granite and tile, quality appliances and fittings, all high-end and well-detailed. The bathrooms (2!) were huge and the construction tight. The staff here, without exception, were enthusiastic and cheerful. Special requests were accommodated quickly and smilingly. Everybody seemed to enjoy their job, from the front desk to the maintenance man to the cleaning crew. I was blown away by the radiating good cheer from everyone -- seeming genuine, not a professional facade. These people like this place, they are proud of what they offer, and they want to share it with you.

The hotel is family-friendly and pet-friendly. That means there are lots of happily-shouting children running about, and elevator rides shared with dogs and their owners. The pool area can get loud. This is not a negative for me, it's a happy sound. And the staff is good about shutting the pool down at 10; things got quiet quickly after. Osoyoos is not a large place, and much that it has to offer is just a short walk up the street from the hotel. We didn't even sample the hotel restaurant or wine bar, so I can't comment on that. There are good cafes and restaurants within walking distance, and several more a short drive away.

I mentioned that I do have three complaints:
1) Control the dogs. We're a dog family, and enjoy being able to travel with ours, so we really like the pet-friendly atmosphere. But too often a guest would allow their pet to be off-leash, even in the lobby, and this is fool-hardy no matter how well-behaved the animal is. It creates fear, and it opens the owner to significant trouble.
2) Where's the in-room safe? At this price point and quality, it's unheard of that we can't lockup the laptops and other small items in a safe when we leave the room.
3) Elevators are too busy, too slow.

That's it. Almost perfect. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. I am very pleased that you had a great time whilst on vacation. This is the second posting in regards to off-leash pets and one that I will for sure follow-up on with regards to training and better communication with our pet owning guests. The Elevators are also being looked into as it would be great for everyone ( guests and staff ) if they could be sped up. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Abbotsford, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We attended a wedding at the Resort and took 4 days to enjoy a mini holiday and it was FABULOUS! We have a 1 year old and the resort was perfect for her. There was the pool, which was packed with children and a great place for her to play, there was the beach and a lot of boats and activities going on to entertain her, there was good shopping and a great gelato place that she loved. Staff were very friendly and supported our needs. We were lucky enough to get a wheelchair accessible room which was great for the little one moving around. A bunch of us are already planning on going back next year, the only thing we'll change is maybe stay in the townhouses and definately stay for longer!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for this posting and I am very pleased you and your family had a wonderful time at the Resort. The wedding you attended was fantastic and I am glad you were also able to combine it with a little family vacation. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Been to Watermark Beach Resort? Share your experiences!