“A bit of Comedy of Errors” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Watermark Beach Resort

You added Watermark Beach Resort to your Saves list
Watermark Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Park Place | PO Box 700, Osoyoos, British Columbia V0H 1V0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Dining Getaway Package
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Osoyoos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“A bit of Comedy of Errors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Good first. Beautiful resort. Pool and water slide is great as well as the view as long as you don't book the rooms at the back of the hotel...they overlook the road. Rooms were clean except for some clothes left in the closet from the last guests. The manager did compensate for the mess up at the start of our vacay and sent up wine and fruit plate with the wrong guys name on it. That was fixed after 10 mins and they realized the wrong envelope went to the wrong room he got it for free and we got 50percent off.
Now for the mess up confusion that had me a bit worried to say the least. I was in Osoyoos staying at another resort (Spiritridge...stayed and loved many times) I wanted to try something different this time so we had a couple of days planned at Watermark. I decided last minute that I only wanted one night at Watermark so I called them to cxl one night. They said I did not have a reservation for those dates, you were here on the weekend and checked out. I said No i was not and I have my confirmation sheet from you guys with the right dates on it. Long and short of it some how they got me mixed up with someone else and charged there stay on my CC.....yes they did.....how this happens I have no idea. They said the guy on the weekend had the same name. I said do you not verify CC numbers and addresses? NO response....they screwed up big time. Thank goodness they had rooms for my dates I had booked or I would have gone over the edge. Then they said they would try and have the room done early. Guess what check in is 4pm .......we got the room at 4:50pm after we camped out in front of it with 5 kids and a dog! Not a great start, but I am usually easy to please and am still not 100 percent certain my CC bill will come in charged properly.
Again nice resort but have some front desk issues. Need more communcation. Everyone was very nice but things like this are not supposed to happen.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased you found our Resort overall to meet your expectations but certainly understand your concern and frustration over the mix-up in the reservations process. This experience was a lesson for the Guest Services Team to learn from and I apologies to you for your inconvenience. I certainly do hope that we can welcome you again and allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Osoyoos is a great little town, not a lot of action but hey your going there for the wine! The Watermark is in the center of town, the property is new (Nov 2009) and has the perfect location on the lake, truely on the beach. The staff were helpful and nice. The restaurant staff were friendly and the food was very good. Enjoy the valley wineries, best option book a tour we did Desert Valley Tours with Kent, he is resourceful and knows the places to go, selecting them based on your taste in wine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Thank you for your comments and the great endorsement of the Resort and the Town of Osoyoos. Both are indeed fantastic and it sounds like you had a great time. Hopefully your travels can bring you back in the near futures.

toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Watermark for 3 nights in July for the first part of our Okanagan trip. What a great place. The room was so clean and had all the amenities you could want. Granite counter tops and appliances that rival those in my kitchen. Our room was on the second floor and overlooked the pool, lake and mountains. It was a perfect spot for breakfast and late afternoon cocktails. Yes the pool had lots if kids in it but they were all having fun... Yes it was noisy but they were all having fun. We prefer not to spend time with kids if we aren't travelling with our own but this did not bother us at all and made for some good entertainment from our balcony.

Location was great and you can just about walk anywhere. Staff was really helpful and professional. Food in the restaurant was good and wine list great. Will be really nice when they get the patio licensed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. the Resort is going through the process of obtain a License for Pool Deck service and hope to have this in place as soon as possible. We are certainly looking forward to your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a brief stop on our roadtrip. The rooms were beautiful and top quality with all the amenities you need to cook in your room - even washer/dryer. Beds were comfortable....however we didn't sleep long enough because there are NO curtains on the windows! There are blinds, but they let every ray of daylight in - needless to say we were up at 5 am and so were our kids!

The outdoor pool was wonderful. Good temperature and manageable waterslide for all ages made it extra fun. Two hot tubs of generous size and lots of lounge chairs - all right on the lake with beautiful views.

Would definitely stay there again but will bring garbage bags to tape to the windows!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your brief visit at Watermark. My apologies for the early morning wake-up call. While all of our suites do have beautiful blinds in all of our suites, I appreciate your remarks and will research the possibilities with regards to adding blackout blinds. Have a great rest of the summer and hopefully your travels will bring you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed at the Watermark and our family could not have had a better stay. The hotel was beautiful and the pool with the waterslide was enjoyed by all. The food and the service was first class. We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. Have a great rest of the summer and looking forward to your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Our first stay at Osoyoo's newest resort and all in all a good experience. Pro - great room - we had a 1 bedroom suite which was very nicely appointed and a very very comfortable bed. A really nice patio and wine bar. Location is tough to beat and the whole place says quality. They are still working out a few kinks in terms of staffing ie the service on the patio was very slow but its a lovely location if you have to sit and wait. I was also impressed with the maintenance staff - attentive and experienced. The only real downside I can say is that this resort really works for families with small children but if you don't have any, you are hard pressed to find a quiet corner anywhere in the pool area. Also, no poolside service for drinks which must really reduce yield. The Cove up the lake made more money from us last year just for that reason. Lovely resort though and a great addition to Osoyoos.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
PScanlon, Manager at Watermark Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. Your comments about the Resort and its staff are always nice to read. The Resort is going through the application process for licensing our pool deck area so hopefully beverages poolside is not that far away.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

North Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We booked Watermark based on how pet friendly it sounded - we travelled with our six month old puppy and stayed July 22-25.

Before we had left, I had emailed the resort to let them know we would be travelling with our dog and mentioned that we may use doggy daycare - Lindsey from the resort emailed us back right away and let us know of a new place that had just opened up, and they sent someone to go check out the facilities and get business cards. I thought this was above and beyond and really appreciated the effort put in.

When we first arrived, we were given a 'doggy package' which included all the pet information we could want, the business card to Doggy Daycare and bylaw information.

We were given an upgrade to a 2 bdrm ground floor suite, which was so kind of them, since the ground floor was more suitable for a pet - however, the view was straight onto the pool and when we first arrived it was SO noisy - you also looked onto the common bbq area and were about 10 steps from the hottub - this location would be fantastic for anyone with kids who would be using the pool a lot, unfortunately it wasn't the spectacular lake view we were looking for and we're not huge fans of noisy children.

However, the staff there were AMAZING and we were moved without question to a 3rd floor 2 bdrm suite (they still gave us our upgrade!!!!) with an amazing view and was exactly what we had originally hoped for. This really made our weekend.

The staff were so incredibly kind to our dog, every time we walked through the lobby they would squeal and run to pet her - we really felt welcomed with the dog. There were plenty of grassy areas on the property that we could take her too - however, the City property in Osoyoos is NOT pet friendly - and heavily monitored by by-law officers. The front desk was gracious enough to tell us this when we checked in, and boy were they right. I think it's different in the fall/winter - but were disappointed by the lack of park space to walk our dog in (not a reflection of Watermark though). We took her for lots of walks around the town, but there wasn't any beach access for her. The resort did provide a map to other pet friendly locations however, it would have been nice if they were closer though.

Our patio was noisy from the pool area - even on the third floor, and we were treated to a room next to children who had been let out of their barn for the first time.... so if you have kids, I would recommend it.... for a quite relaxing weekend though, it might not be ideal. The pool area is open until 10 (which I found perhaps a bit too late) as it was busy right up until then... it would have been nicer if it closed perhaps a bit earlier to allow people to enjoy a bit of quiet on the balcony with a bottle of wine.... but for families, it's probably ideal.

The kitchen was fully stocked, much better than in other condo/resorts we have stayed in and we cooked all our meals in our room. There is a 'family foods' right next door, as well as a liquer store.

Overall, I really enjoyed our stay - I was proposed to on the trip, so it made Watermark very dear to my heart, and I thought it was comparable to Spirit Ridge, which I had stayed at a few weeks previously. Although Spirit Ridge was slightly more upscale in my opinion, but this is reflected in the price.

Pros - Staff (AMAZING!!!!) Facilities, Pet Friendly rooms, View over the lake and mountains, Large area for gym, Free WiFi, MP3 players in rooms, Kitchens well stocked

Cons - Family Friendly (this may be a plus to you.... well behaved children I like, ones that make noise, not so much) Wood framed construction allowed you to hear everything going on above and beside you, Osoyoos the town wasn't as accommodating as we had hoped.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your detailed outline of your experience here at Watermark. It is very much appreciated. The comments about our Staff are certainly very pleasing to read. We do have a terrific team here, in every department, that are very eager and willing to serve our guests and I am fortunate to work with them each day.

We will have to see how we can incorporate your comments about noise into our room assignment procedures so that we can better anticipate our guests' needs. We do hope that you return again perhaps in May/June or Sept/Oct as I think you may find it more to your liking.

Hotel Manager

Been to Watermark Beach Resort? Share your experiences!