“Luxury and service of the best kind” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Watermark Beach Resort

You added Watermark Beach Resort to your Saves list
Watermark Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Park Place | PO Box 700, Osoyoos, British Columbia V0H 1V0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Dining Package
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Osoyoos
Penticton, Canada
“Luxury and service of the best kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Have stayed 2 times here in 2012 . The rooms were spacious, clean, quiet and elegant. Had a Lakeview suite both times one of which was a complimentary upgrade courtesy of the hotel. Views awesome......close to the hot tub and lobby. It was off season both times so I can't comment about the busy summer season. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The internet worked well. The full kitchen was tasteful and functional. The choice of restaurants in Osoyoos is limited in the off season so don't be expecting fine dining everywhere. Didn't have the opportunity to try the Wine lounge which was only open evenings. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future and probably will. Well done Water Mark

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Calgary, AB, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This resort has set a new "watermark" for us on our stays in Osoyoos! It's location is absolutely the best, with close proximity to downtown for restaurants and shops, and being right on the beach - perfect for long walks, water activities, etc...

We stayed here for a week (2 adults and our small dog), and loved it. The room was spacious and beautifully equipped. The large patio featured a BBQ, which we took advantage of. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom was large and lovely.

Their on-site "Wine Bar" (really, a full restaurant) was also wonderful, with a nice wine selection and impressive meals. The outdoor patio was a very appealing setting for dining, and we look forward to returning again.

Really, there was nothing to fault about the Watermark in any way, and we will be back (with friends!)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in August with our two kids aged 9 and 7 and Grandma as well. We had a two bedroom suite which was spacious, clean and modern. Our room had a great view of the lake and a large deck to enjoy it on. Overall we were very happy with the room.

The staff were pleasant and nice when approached. We weren't offered any help with our bags when we arrived which would have been nice because I ended up doing it all myself while the kids headed to the pool to relax after the drive. Normally I don't care for this but with the 5 people, a cooler and some groceries it would have been appreciated.

Our kids loved the pool although it could get a bit crowded at times. I think they must have been up and down the slide a thousand times. It's definitely a kid centric pool which was great for us. They had a nice selection of umbrellas and loungers however the loungers tended to fill up in the afternoon if you showed up late.

The location was in the middle of town which was really convenient for popping out for groceries or dinner. We didn't eat in the restaurant at the hotel which seemed somewhat pricey and had middling reviews. The beach was close and clean. I thought it would be annoying that it wasn't private but it wasn't a problem at all. Had surprisingly good pizza from the place across the street one night.

We've stayed at Safari Beach across town many times and it's an interesting contrast. The rooms here are far nicer and the water slide is a great addition. We missed the family feel at Safari Beach where our kids wandered from the room to the beach, roasted marsh mellows on the fire and made friends. I don't miss the small kitchens and rooms at Safari Beach. It will be a hard decision on our next trip to Osoyoos to choose between the nice but pricey rooms at Watermark or the more affordable friendly family experience at Safari Beach.

In summary I really enjoyed our trip and would consider staying here again. Nice rooms, nice facilities but pricey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Watermark Beach Resort while in Osoyoos on business. I was very happy with the quality of this hotel. Given that it was the off season room rates were very reasonable. I was in a one bedroom suite which was very spacious. The suite came with a full kitchen and washer/dryer which made life away from home much more convenient. Service was fantastic: front desk managed to find me a phone charger after I realized that I had left mine at home and the housekeeping staff even went so far as to wash my breakfast dishes that I had left in the sink!

Not that many people go to Osoyoos to watch TV but the basic cable package was my only complaint. There's not much going on in Osoyoos in the winter and I definitely would have taken advantage of the in room movie if one was available.

The hotel is located right on the lake and adjacent to Main St. If I can get back to Osoyoos in the summer with my wife this is where we will be staying!

Room Tip: If you want a lake view; ask for a lake view. Better value on non-lakeside rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Watermark Hotel is a fabulous place to stay for business or pleasure. Note: there are families with children and the pool can be crowded and loud with kids but hey if you are ok with that then the resort gets great marks all round. We drove up from Vancouver for an overnight stay at the end of June. It is always lovely and warm. The Watermark is right in town and our room faced the pool and across the lake which was lovely. We had a HUGE deck which we loved and a full room compliment with kitchen and all the bells and whistles. We brought our own food and simply enjoyed poolside sunshine and even took in several rounds of the pools slide (the kids in us came out for sure). We found it to be clean, safe, easy location to simply arrive park your car and either stay at the resort or easy walk to restaurants and stores in town. Secured parking. Great location for any season including winter I am sure would be awesome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We went here for a visit with our kids and grand children. Our daughter, her husband and 2 daughters, plus several of their friends, with all their children, stayed in the Villas on the Resort. Our son, wife and their children stayed in a room in the main building. My husband and I stayed in a room directly over the wine bar/patio. I was a little worried that noise from the patio might disturb my sleep, but I never heard a thing. We only ate once at in the wine bar patio, but it was good and not overly expensive.

This resort is very well run. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The suites are clean, nicely furnished and have a well stocked kitchen for making a meal if you choose to. The individual patios are spacious and have a nice sized table and 4 chairs so you can eat outside if you want.

The children really enjoyed themselves in the pool, making many trips up & down the slide. We also played many games on the grassy areas in front of the Villas.

It is nice that dogs are allowed. At the last minute, we got a dog sitter, so we didn't take ours, but when we arrived, our room had welcome treats and bowls waiting for him. There is an off-leash area that dogs can go to also. It's nice to know that we can take him if we want to.

We will definitely be going back to this resort! We had a great time!!

• Stayed August 2012
Nanoose Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised checking in to the Watermark last night. It is a modern, stylish facility with professional and courteous staff, clean and spacious rooms and a great view of the Lake. A pleasant surprise in Osoyoos which is not exactly the most 'hip' place on the planet. The fitness center in the hotel is well-equipped and the wifi works well and is free of charge. The bathrooms have plenty of large, soft bath towels and the bed is large, clean and very comfortable. The suite has a small kitchenette with a fridge, stovetop, microwave and a cupboard full of everything you need to cook and eat with - pots, pans, dishes and the like. At just over $100 a night thru a discount hotel site, this hotel is well worth the money and in my books it qualifies for a solid four stars!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Watermark Beach Resort? Share your experiences!