“Little bit of Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Watermark Beach Resort

You added Watermark Beach Resort to your Saves list
Watermark Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Park Place | PO Box 700, Osoyoos, British Columbia V0H 1V0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Dining Package
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Osoyoos
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Little bit of Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Love, love, love this place. Great location, right in the heart of the town and on a beautiful beach at the lake. Park the car and enjoy! The rooms are so comfortable and beautiful. Everything you need is there for you. Walk, swim, cycle, stroll into the town, relax by the pool or have a picnic on the patio. The service was great, really friendly, down to earth and not pretentious. The pool deck and wine bar are gorgeous. They even have a media room where I can send my husband to watch his golf! We went on a wine tour to see all the little wineries and had so much fun. I booked again to go back in August. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
North Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at the Watermark with my family in a two bedroom unit. The hotel was great and ideal for families. Likely more deserving of a 4.5 than a 4.

The positives:
- The pool was awesome, a fun waterslide and a good tempurature.
- Location was ideal, a nice beach, close to the liquor store, grocery store and shops.
- Very nice clean rooms

Could be better
- Osoyoos is still lacking on the complete vacation experience, not a ton of great restaurants that are walking distance, we went to the Wildfire which is up the road and pretty good.
- I thought that the rooms lacked a bit of attention to the small details. There is no art in the bedrooms so they appear a bit plain (but there was in the washroom which was strange). The wireless is internet is intermittent and you have to enter a password in essentially everytime you login. We didn't have a kettle or a cutting board which made things a bit more difficult. Lastly the TV was low definition attached directly to a cable outlet, I was certainly not there for the TV but I do have an expectation that with a new property that there would be HDTV. These are all not deal breakers but nice to haves.

Overall a great experience and a place that I would go back to again.

Room Tip: Well worth the extra money to be on the lakeside. The road can be fairly busy and the view is 10x n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at the Watermark Beach Resort with a Groupon deal. I have two teenagers and we wanted a place on the lake that they could enjoy that didn't cost a fortune. This place was great. We had a two bedroom room complete with a kitchen, washer/dryer, two baths, and patio with table overlooking the lake. We used the complimentary BBQ grills a couple of nights. Loved the pool and hot tubs.
Cute town! Nice people. Canada's hidden treasure!

Room Tip: Always get the rooms overlooking the lake!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at the Watermark for four nights in June. We had a one bedroom which was really spacious and came with a complete kitchen, living area, washer and dryer and lanai overlooking the lake. We ate in two nights and sipping wine on the lanai while looking across the lake was a great evening. There is a lap pool, steam room and decent fitness/weight room. Staff was friendly and efficient. There are restaurants nearby and the town is very picturesque. We were visiting wineries and when we drove down the road to Oliver we were really glad we had decided to stay in Osoyoos. We didn’t eat in the Watermark restaurant as some comments on tripadvisor had made us wary but it seemed to be doing a brisk trade.
The hotel is right on the beach with a large swimming area right in front. Great views and a place we hope to return to. June is a good month to visit as it is just before the summer rush.
I would highly recommend the Watermark.

Room Tip: Lake side has a great view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of nice hotels in BC (Whistler, Tofino, Victoria) but I was very impressed with Watermark's quality and value. I stayed there twice in June going to and from Nelson, both types I was upgraded to a nicer room because they were so busy the standard rooms were all booked up. The suites are just wonderful, fully equipped kitchen, everything felt new, clean and well thought out. The beds are super comfortable, great sleep.

It's a wonderful location, close to lake, d/t cafe's and shops, grocery store, liquor store, pub.

The pool and hot tub are wonderful, well maintained, the waterslide is pretty fun too, even for adults!!

The small restaurant / wine patio is great for breakfast or dinner.

1st I had a lovely quiet room on the south end, I could see the lake from the patio!

2nd time I was given a suite with a den, I stayed road side which was a little noisy when the windows were open but there is a/c.

Room Tip: When I checked in I was given a room on the south end of the resort, this seems like the best place...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
North Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This has to be the friendliest staff we have met on our travels. Everyone, including the pool guy was cheerful, helpful and sincere. We were continually getting our bikes out of the safe storage and staff quickly came to our assistance each time. We had a beautiful one bedroom on the street side. There was some noise but we were there in mid-June so the crowds weren't around yet. I would ideally choose the beach side farthest from the lobby if I had a choice but we had a very good price deal. Food at the bar restaurant was excellent and if you go you must save room for the chocolate dessert and the lemon mousse. Melt-in-your-mouth decadence. Even though I'm over 60 I loved the pool slide!

Room Tip: Beach side away from the pool and restaurant
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Comox, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

WOW. Fantastic location, excellent roomy suites, friendly helpful staff, on the lake, and a pool that you can swim laps in! My only regret on this trip was that we couldn't stay longer. But given the beauty of the Okanagan, the clever tourism packages offered by the Watermark that fit our interests to a tee - we'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Watermark Beach Resort? Share your experiences!