“Amazing girl's weekend at the Watermark” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Watermark Beach Resort

You added Watermark Beach Resort to your Saves list
Watermark Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Park Place | PO Box 700, Osoyoos, British Columbia V0H 1V0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Dining Getaway Package
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Osoyoos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Summerland, British Columbia, Canada
“Amazing girl's weekend at the Watermark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed for a weekend recently with some girlfriends at the Watermark Beach Resort. The weekend was absolutely fantastic in every way. The 3-bedroom penthouse suite worked perfectly for the 6 of us girls. It was warm and cozy with a spectacular view. Our spa treatments were an extraordinary get-away from reality! And the ultimate treat was the in-room dinner prepared and served to us by your chef and culinary team. The meal was exquisite and we talked about it for the rest of the weekend. Having it served to us in our room, complete with a special copy of the menu for us to take home made us feel like royalty! We definitely want to plan next year's trip soon! Thank you!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about a view room. You'll pay more for it, but it's worth it to look over...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
british columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Watermark Beach Resort for our nephew's wedding in September 2011. The rooms were so nice and convenient. Loved the condo feel. The locations is beautiful and we enjoyed the pool area very much. The wedding itself was beautiful and so well organized. Theceremony was on the lawn by the lake. The dinner was outside and the chicken dinner was delicious. The reception was a great party with everyone dancing late into the night. We were in a party of about 40 and everyone loved the resort. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Spent an overnight here with 5 other my girlfriends for a well-deserved retreat. The 3-bedroom suite fit us all perfectly, the kitchen was well-equipped for our needs and the food and service from the staff was excellent.

The spa treatments were also fantastic and the staff there well skilled.

We all agreed it should become an annual event!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

This was the 3rd time I have booked a hotel with Hotwire - I get the impression that you don't get the really good rooms, 2 out of the 3. This one was a small room - king bed with kitchenette. Would have liked a suite. When I asked for a room with 2 queen beds instead (offered to pay more) I was told that they didn't have any available - possibly they don't have many with 2 queen beds, because there were about 5 cars in the underground parking, so there is no way the hotel was full. The room was on the front (road side) of the hotel and we listened to semi trucks gearing down for the turn all night, also a local bar dispersed many happy people, who seemed to linger under our window. Decided to eat in the hotel, the food was not good - do not eat dinner here, although the staff in the restaurant were very friendly. The hot tub at night wasn't lighted properly. Sooo!, went expecting wonderful after all the advertising I have seen and got mediocre.

Room Tip: You definetly want a room facing the lake, the road side is going to be tooo! noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I were at this years' wine festival and stayed two nights at the Watermark. The suite was roomy and well appointed, parking was easy, access was easy , the walk on the baech front was lovely, the kitchen was fully equipped. About all that was missing was sufficient food service. There was only a small ( 24 seats) bar restaurant, the food and service were great, but you had to wait a couple of hours to get a seat.

We will stay here again, but probably search for other restaurant options.

Room Tip: Any of the units come as suites, try for a fourth floor waterview.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is a great hotel to stay at. It is very new looking. The rooms include just about everything (e.g. fridge, stove, etc.). The place is very quiet even though it is near a highway. Overall, a great stay. And don't forget your swim trunks - they have a great outdoor pool!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed at the Watermark for a local conference. I was there for 2 nights.

The location
Watermark is located in probably the best spot in town. It's facing the smaller lake and is also in the "downtown" area.

Check-in
Firstly, it's worth mentioning that there really isn't much parking in front of the facility if you want to check-in. The parking is underground and secure so there really were just a few handicapped spaces to use. The hotel should look into this and expand their short-term parking for check-ins as I would think the vast majority of their clientele arrive there by car and not taxi.

Once I did check in, the check-in agent was a bit surly. I had gotten a corporate rate and she wanted to see all sorts of ID even when I presented my business card that matched the name on my credit card. She was "suggesting" all sorts of people try to fake ID's to get a better rate. This was exceptionally POOR treatment of a guest and uncalled for, especially as I mentioned all the ID matched up.

Room
I did get a corner 1-bedroom suite. This suite was massive and came with full sized fridge, stove, and washer/dryer. There was a separate dining and living room area. What was surprising is that the room had central A/C. I fully expected the unit by the window type. Interestingly, there wasn't any drawer space in the room but just outside the room and beside the bathroom, there was an entire empty closet where you could put your clothes.

Final thoughts
I would recommend this hotel to my colleagues as I think it's the best hotel in town. However, I would warn them about the staff attitude at check-in as my colleagues would be on the same corporate rate as I was.

I would give the property a 5 star but dropped the overall ranking to 4 star (and getting close to 3) because of the staff.

Tips
I was looking for a good place to eat and was recommended Diamond by several prominent folks in Osoyoos. Well, I did go there and it was quite the disappointment but thought it was indicative of a "small town" resto. Later, I went to Breezes on the recommendation of some colleagues who had been in Osoyoos before, which is located right beside Watermark. The food was excellent in all respects. The pricing was about the same as Diamond.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Watermark Beach Resort? Share your experiences!