“Home @ Homewood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Bodrington Crt, Markham, Ontario L6G 0A9, Canada (Formerly Homewood Suites Toronto-Markham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
“Home @ Homewood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Best in class Hilton Properties with a full kitchen.
Before I go into details, let me mention that this is the first time I stayed in homewood suites properties.
Choice and selection: I was looking for a standard hotel near and around Toronto for 3 nights with Kitchen. With a 21 months old baby we preferred a hotel with a kitchen. I looked for homewood suites and mariott residence inn properties, out of all this one gave me the best rate. Though Markham was a little far away from Toronto Downtown, I did not mind much. First reason is the price they offered for a King bed suites and markham being a known place ( had been there for 3 weeks in Markham Hilton Suites). Booked the hotel over phone, requested for a late check in. It was confirmed.

Hotel room and amenities : Reached hotel well past midnight. Very nice and cosy room, king size bed with kind of bed that suits our sleeping preference. LCD TVs are in both bed room and living area. Kitchen is small but good enough for two. Microwave, dishwasher, dining table, sofa, working area very smartly designed.

A full platter breakfast to start the day. Hotel also provide complimentary light dinner between Monday - Thursday, which takes away the dinner worries from business travellers.

Out of the box : As we reached hotel very late, we needed milk for our baby. After reaching hotel, I thought I would pick up milk from nearest Walmart super centre or any other 24hrs shop. To my surprise, the hotel guest manager told me there is no such 24hrs grocery store. Either I have to go to gas stations or forget it. When I explained him that the milk is a must for the baby, he opened the kitchen and gave me a sealed bottle. Amazing. This is something I would remember forever. This is what is called service.

The internet never worked in the room. I spent alomst an hour with the tech support guys and finally realized they do not have expertize to resolve the issue for that night. Manager offered me a different room to switch over next day. Pleasure.

Would definitely like to go back, not just because of the amazing experience also because of the friendly nature of staffs which makes it a BIG difference

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had never stayed with Hilton Homewood brand.
Booked two-bedroom suite online, six weeks in advance.
Arrived with sedated dental surgery patient more than an hour after posted check-in time.
Room not available for her.
Dental patient wanders around lobby while I negotiate with desk. Shrugs.
Begging works, as does mention of call to Amex.
Go to unready suite with one functioning bathroom. Towels missing.
Arm falls off desk chair.
This is a very generic suites hotel, tucked in back of a shopping mall.
You may need your GPS to find it.
For two bedroom suite here, one night, $300 with tax.
A two bedroom suite at Staybridge nearby is $196.
You be the judge.

Room Tip: Beware the broken desk chair in suite 411.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel rooms are very well appointed and have everything you could ever want. Unit had a full sized refrigerator, stove, microwave and more than ample dishes for short or long stays. Room was very comfortable and despite being directly along the hwy 407 it was totally quiet and my room was on the 5th floor directly on the highway. Didn't have the opportunity to enjoy their evening "dinner" which was complimentary but the breakfast was very tasty and well presented. Workout room was sufficient for a short stay. Overall I woudl return and stay there on a future stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Homewood is another line in the fantastic Hilton line . Our stay here was very enjoyable. Supper and breakfast is included and both were very good . I liked the fact that once you arrive you dont have to leave to find resturants.Staff is very friendly and knowledgable of the area. If you are going to Toronto Zoo with a group, you could sleep 6 here with a 2 bedroom suite.We always stay at Hilton's and will continue

• Stayed August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

First, this hotel is not in Toronto, so don't be fooled by the name. This hotel is located quite a ways from Toronto. Have your car ready at all times because you're located in the heart of little Asia and there are quite a few businesses that advertise only in Chinese, especially most of the nearby restaurants.

After saying that, the hotel has a great location to the nearby major road system. You have an interstate system that can take you almost anywhere you want to go in less than 30 minutes.
The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful upon check-in.

I checked into my two-bedroom two-bath suite and notified the manager that my room had a strange smell and they immediately fixed the problem.

This hotel is one of the few that offers you a hot breakfast and a hot dinner included in the price.
The breakfast wasn't bad, but not great. It did the job, you have to remember that all of the other restaurants tend to offer a continental breakfast and this one actually had real meat canadian bacon along with waffles, eggs, etc.

We enjoyed the breakfast and the dinner was a surprise, they serve an actual dinner. During my three-night stay we enjoyed their offerings for dinner even the nights we ate out. They offer dinner and breakfast for a long period of time.

If shopping is your thing you might want to shop in Toronto and not the immediate area.

The pool was warm and it was cleaned every day while we were there.

The hotel configuration is very strange, it is a L-shaped with only two elevators (side-by-side) for the entire hotel. Of course the elevator is near the entrance and my suite was as far away from the elevators as possible. So if you get a family suite prepare for a walk.

The grounds are well kept and very nice with plenty of free parking.

The staff was always alert and willing to do whatever to make our stay pleasant.

Cheers
Maryland Vacation

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We spent two nights in room 115, a handicapped accessible room at the far end of the hallway. Not only was it a hike to the lobby, but the staff workroom was right next door, and the door was the thinnest we've ever seen in a Homewood: we heard constant noise starting at 7AM. It's also right an off-ramp of the 407, so we heard a lot of truck noise constantly. I'd avoid rooms 113-115 at this property, as well as any of the rooms on the highway side of the building.

The staff were pleasant and friendly, and the place was well-maintained. As others have noted, the area is pretty barren other than a ton of Asian restaurants, but parking was plentiful.

Other nits: the door by room 115 ("Door B") had a card reader, but it didn't work throughout our stay, despite telling several staffers about it. It would "see" the card but flash red, even though the card worked in our room (and I did try several cards). One staffer tried his master card, which worked, but that didn't help us any. Fortunately (sort of) the door didn't latch easily, so when running stuff to the car, I was able to get back in. Of course, that's a security issue as well.

The diverter in the shower was broken; I told a staffer, who seemed interested in getting it fixed. I didn't realize it was broken until the second morning (didn't try to switch the water the first day), so they had no opportunity to fix it for us.

The TV was too small for the room, and too far from the bed, but given the abysmal non-digital cable service, it didn't matter, as we wouldn't have watched it anyway.

Breakfast was the usual Homewood overcooked, overheld, previously frozen eggs. They did have good thick-cut bread, but the muffins were gluey. There's a Tim Horton's nearby, however!

Overall, I can't give it high marks, but it wasn't that bad, other than the noise issues.

Room Tip: Avoid the south side and rooms 114 and 115!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
YTOSOGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. We apologize for the malfunctioning of the key and the shower diverter and have reported these issues to the maintenance team. I do hope that the next time you are in Markham you will consider staying with us again. Thank you.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The great - very clean & friendly. Just minutes from Canada's Wonderland - this was really the perfect location. Free parking (nice & kind of rare in the area). The kitchen was really handy - the full size fridge, burners, utensils, plates - the kitchen was great, even for a short stay it was nice to have cold drinks in the evening without trying to find a vending machine. Bed was comfy. The 1 bedroom suite was actually a 1-bedroom suite; some suite hotels now offer a short dividing wall, but this Homewood Suited is done correctly.

The breakfast was a step up from usual. The food was really pretty good and there was some variety. They also have an evening dinner, but we weren't there to try it; but it is a very nice touch for business travelers or if traveling with families.

The only downside: the internet access (free!) would give a weird error after about 11 pm, saying 'too many guests were logged in'. Now, I know what the problem is (I'm a computer engineer), so I could tell them that they need to reset it OR I knew I had to wait until midnight when it reset. They need to get someone there to redo their service. If you stay there and run into this problem, call and ask them to reset the router or just wait until midnight.

Would we stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
YYZHWGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for the feedback on your stay, we are constantly trying to improve our product so that everyone has a great experience everytime. To date we are about two third's closer to rectifying the internet user issue. Thanks again for helping us to get better.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham? Share your experiences!