“Excellent Stay, Very Content” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8900 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, Ontario L3R 5K6, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Markham
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Stay, Very Content”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2005

We stayed at the Monte Carlo Markham last weekend and we were very very impressed with all aspects of our stay. From Check in to Check out it was a great experience. The staff was very pleasent and helpful. The room was beautiful and we the price very affordable. We dined in La Piazetta Restaurant and had a fantastic meal and the waiting staff was also very pleasant. The business Centre and free high speed was very useful as well. Would definitly return to any of the Monte Carlo's....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2005

I checked into The Monte Carlo Inn Markham because of the great value for the dollar we recieved.

Upon arrival, the front desk clerk checked us into our room on the third floor, which was a total non-smoking floor. The room was nice and clean. I liked the sitting area which allowed us visitor with the privacy of out sleeping quarters.

We got a great breakfast in the morning, which is included in teh rate and the staff is friendly and very helpful. My car couldn't start in the morning because of the -30c temperature, but one of the staff at the front desk helped me boost my battery.

All in all, a great experience, but they need to work on the internet problem. The high speed internet would some times work and sometimes won't, other wise a great experience and value for the money. I would certinley come back.

Whitby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2005

I live in the Niagara area, had a conference meeting scheduled there, great accomodation, great food, and friendly staff, so much value at a low cost--I would definitely recommend it!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2005

I Stayed at the Monte Carlo Inn Toronto-Markham last week for a conference and it was a pleasent surprise. Room was very clean with all the amenties you would expect and more, complimentary breakfast was great and the Italian restaurant had a great ambiance and menu. Would definitely recommend this hotel to any corporate traveler.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2005

I stayed in this hotel for a conference and it was excellent. I wish other hotels had a better concept of true value. The room had all of the amenties you need and more, without the outrageous prices. The morning breakfast was a good start up and the restaurant in general had a wonderful ambiance and the meal was excellent.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2004

My reservation was unexpectedly changed at the last minute when I arrived to a smoking room. The staff was polite but not friendly. Not one of the desk staff could even manage a smile during the entire 5 days I was there and they certainly had no interest in small-talk. I got the impression someone who worked there had passed away recently any time I spoke with them. I had initially chosen this hotel based on their claim of free Hi-Speed internet (I was in town for computer training and I am a working service tech so access to email was important) but the Hi-Speed internet would not work with my Apple G4 PowerBook. I was kindly allowed to troubleshoot this problem by plugging into an ethernet port in their "Business Room" but it still would not work even though their Windows-based computers seeemed to work fine with exactly the same settings. They must be running some weird non-standard router config (there's nothing different about an Apple laptop's network connections that could have prevented it from working and the laptop worked fine at the training facility) so Apple laptop owners beware. On the positive side the room was pleasant and comfortable, always cleaned immaculately and restocked each day, and the mini-fridge and microwave were nice to have for someone who had to stay in each night to study. If the Hi-Speed internet issue were fixed I would consider staying there again.

Been to Monte Carlo Inns Markham? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Monte Carlo Inns Markham

Address: 8900 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, Ontario L3R 5K6, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Markham
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Hotel Class:3 star — Monte Carlo Inns Markham 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Monte Carlo Inns Markham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Monte Carlo Inns Markham Hotel Markham
Monte Carlo Hotel Markham
Monte Carlo Markham
Monte Carlo Inns Markham Ontario

If you own or manage Monte Carlo Inns Markham, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.