“Annual visit - always stay here.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Markham
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Annual visit - always stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We make an annual trip to Toronto to visit relatives and have stayed at this hotel each year for the last 5 years. Always a pleasure to be welcomed 'home' by their friendly and courteous staff. Clean spacious rooms, conveniently located and very fairly priced. Just checked out today... but we'll be back next August.. if not sooner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, the East side. Very quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Tom_HK,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage over the years. We appreciate you choosing Residence Inn Markham for your annual trips to Toronto. We’re pleased to know our friendly staff makes you feel right at home, and you find our convenient location perfectly suited for your travels. We look forward to seeing you again next August, if not sooner. Thank you again for writing.

Anita Shu, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Although the staff are pleasant, the room we had stayed in had a very noisy and deep humming air conditioner unit. I have stayed in other hotels that had noisy units but this humming was terrible.
We had stayed 2 nights and it was very unfortunate that we did not have a good experience at this hotel. Wish others better luck.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Ribbyx,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback and for recognizing that our staff was pleasant during your visit. It’s unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay. We sincerely apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered and any inconveniences you experienced as a result. We value you as our guest and do hope we’ll have an opportunity to extend our hospitality to you again. Thank you again for writing.

Tenafly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This Marriott hotel made our trip to Canada so much more satisfying. Erlinda, who was prepping the evening snack on this day we stayed 8/12/13, added one circle to this hotel by providing pleasant and professional service. Maybe the general manager finds the best worker or he/she trains their workers with a heart, Erlinda is the dream employee any boss can only hope to have. She greeted us with smile, chatted with my young children and bid us farewell by saying "thank you for staying at Residence Inn". My children will grow up to be Marriott guests after this stay. And by the way, I am writing this review at Courtyard in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Room Tip: 309 was right next to AC units and a bit noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Jonathan Y,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback on your stay with us at Residence Inn Markham. I’m pleased to hear our staff’s excellence in service made for an enjoyable stay. I’ll be certain to recognize Erlinda with a special commendation for her warm hospitality. We work hard at offering excellent customer service by having a wonderful team of dedicated associates that genuinely care about providing an exceptional stay to each guest. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I only noticed that i did a mistake in my reservation when I arrived at the hotel. The staff in charge was very helpful.Thanks to Sandra I could get the reservation fixed quickly.
I was very pleased with my stay: the continental breakfast was very good, the place very clean, all the staff I met were very nice and helpful. 100% satisfied. Thank you !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Lu Y,
We’re happy to hear of your pleasant stay, and appreciation of our staff at Residence Inn Markham. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about our clean hotel, value added amenities, and friendly service. I’ll be certain to recognize Sandra with a special commendation for her outstanding service and help with fixing your reservation. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Irving, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in Spring 2013. Hotel is a bit old when compared to other residence inn's. Staff is friendly. 1 BR suite was small when compared to other hotel suites.

Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Imtiaz A,
Thank you writing a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn Markham. I’m glad you had a pleasant stay and found our staff friendly during your visit. We value your feedback and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for three weeks. Rooms are very spacious with a comfortable king size bed. Located off the road in a calm place, opposite to courtyard. Staff were helpful, food was average.
The Times square and many more restaurants are just 10 to 15 minutes walk from here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Markham, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
LakshmanaPrakash,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Residence Inn Toronto Markham. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our helpful staff, convenient location, as well as our spacious and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Rutherglen, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have made this my standard place of residence when I travel to Toronto or any place within the metropolis.

The rooms are big, I love the fact that a full kitchenette is incluced in many of the rooms, some just may not have an oven, albeit aside from that, not much required to eat, aside from your groceries. Having said that, the breakfast buffet is awesome, and from Monday to Wednesdays, in the evening, small snacks are provided, just recently including wine. Some nights it may be enough for your dinner.

The beds are very confortable and rooms always cleaned properly. I usually stay in the studio or one bedroom. One bedroom comes in handy when you bring your family as each room is equipped with a TV.

The staff have been very consistent over the years and of course I have my favourites. These individuals go over and beyond what I would expect to receive. This last stay, I was recovering from a procedure and Sandra (front desk) made a gracious point to bring me some breakfast. I was delighted to see such a kind gesture, as I had made no request prior. There is David, whom I understand is now gone, Marie whom cleans the rooms I am usually in, and Heidi in the office. The cook staff are great as well, if you need something extra, or even if they are not open they certainly will accomodate you. My favourite is the cookies in the evening. mmmm.

Aone limo service is awesome, again a company that goes over and beyond just pick up and drop off. Kudos there as well.

The only problem I have had really are the keys demagnetizing, but just a buzz away are the staff who will come to your assistance.

There is nothing too small or too big that staff will not do to accomodate you on your home away from home.

Thank you all, for making my stay the best each time. grateful and heartfelt I am.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
maverick2mr,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Residence Inn Markham. We appreciate your review and kind comments about our spacious, clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. I’ll be certain to recognize Sandra, Marie, and Heidi receive a special commendation for their hospitality and excellence in service. Please continue to make Residence Inn Markham your home away from home when traveling to Toronto. Thank you again for writing.

Anita Shu, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Toronto Markham? Share your experiences!