“Nice place in the suburbs” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7255 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario L3R 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Markham
MD
“Nice place in the suburbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The name of the hotel is misleading --it is not really in downtown anything. It is in an office/commercial district, a short drive from the new downtown Markham, but not within walking distance.
Other than the location, the hotel met or exceeded expectations and was a good value for the the price. The hotel lobby is very pretty, "old world" style, and the pool was clean, warm and attractive (although a little odd to be right in the main lobby). Rooms were attractive and clean.
Breakfast is provided in the restaurant, although it is a fairly basic continental breakfast (pastries and yogurt), a hot breakfast is available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Service and food was AWESOME !!! Everyone enjoyed the get together to celebrate the holiday season. We will definitely think of Monte Carol - Downtown on our next events.

Special thanks to Frances Sugay who made sure that our event is a successful one. Nice touch on the ambiance and cocktail tables.

Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

It was a great experience for our staff to meet at this hotel.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The meeting room was perfect for our needs with great natural light. The food was amazing. I recommend the meeting package. Best value for your $.
The staff was excellent as well. We have already booked our next 2 meetings after this great experience.

Room Tip: east side rooms are more quiet
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellent staff
Clean room and lobby
Really nice breakfast bar with very efficient and friendly service person.
Felt very welcome and safe as a single person.
Didn't get a chance to use the spa but it looked nice

Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

On November 29th.2013 at 2:30pm our family of six got exposed with Carbon Monoxide, lucky enough we all survived for taking quick action and prompt responses from 911 team. After released for Hospital same day, first thing I did Goggled nearest hotels and Monte Carlo Inns came up the nearest hotel available.
We arrived at 10:30pm on Thursday Nov.28th. 2013 and checked in and stayed there till Saturday Dec.07, 2013 almost ten days stay.
I cannot write a strong enough review to express how incredible our stay at this hotel was.
From the moment we checked in, May, Francis, Jane, Eloisa, Nabeel, Margaret (Special Thanks) Valerie, Yuanny, and the entire staff did everything to make us happy and relaxed during our unexpected stay.
The staffs were the most friendly we have EVER experienced.
On behalf of my entire family I would like to thank you once again for all your kindness and helping us in such a hard time.
You are truly the best!!!
Seasons Greetings and keep up the good work,

Syed Ahmed & Family.

Room Tip: With Family must pick ground floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed my stay! The customer service was great and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and really made my stay a pleasant one. I will definitely be staying here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel in October 2013 for a period of two weeks. This hotel was very busy during my stay, and I feel the staff did a really good job with keeping everyone satisfied. The staff member that stood out the most to me is the woman that works the breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Every morning when I walked in she would greet me and was very friendly. The only complaints I have are:

1. The room I was in (standard king) was very small. There was a little table and chairs crammed in along one side of the bed which I never used. After two weeks of living in such tight quarters I was happy to leave!

2. The business center has two computers. There are no instructions on how to log on or what password to use, which made me go back to the front desk and wait 15 minutes to ask due to someone checking in, and there only being one staff on at the time. When I was logged on and needed to print some things out for my training the next day, the printer was out of paper. So back to the front desk and this time only a 10 minutes wait. I was provided with a small stack of paper to finally print out what I needed. I then went to print again and low and behold there is no toner in the printer. I tried using the other printer only to have this occur again. The printers are of poor quality to begin with, which surprised me as this hotel seems to have frequent business guests. I feel this is something the hotel needs to look into if they are going to advertise that they have a business centre. (no I did not end up being able to print anything).

If I returned to Markham and had a choice of hotel to stay at I would not pick the Monte Carlo. This has nothing to do with the staff or location. I would just prefer a standard size hotel room over the small one I was crammed into for two weeks. If you're only staying for a short period of time this hotel is more then sufficient.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean just very small.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_Montecarlo, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear K8T2309,
We would like to thank you for drawing these issues to our attention. Client feedback is very important to us as it assists us in monitoring our service quality. It also allows us to make adjustments where necessary to provide our guests with the most positive experience.

We would also like to assure you that we try our best to make our guests feel comfortable during their stay. We truly apologize for the room not being a perfect fit for you. In future if you can afford us an opportunity to stay with us again and notify our staff about your need to have a more spacious room we will be more than happy to accommodate you. We also have a Diamond Rewards loyalty program that you can sign up for in order to enjoy countless exclusive stay benefits like complimentary upgrades, early check-in, late check-out etc.

As for our business center, we have looked into your concerns and have made necessary adjustments to ensure that printing does not cause any inconvenience to our future guests.

We apologize that your first experience with Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We would also like to thank you for acknowledging the hard work put in by our staff as this serves as a motivation for us to continue providing our guests with great experiences.

Been to Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham? Share your experiences!