“MY STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn By Radisson Toronto-Markham

You added Park Inn By Radisson Toronto-Markham to your Saves list
Park Inn By Radisson Toronto-Markham
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 Cochrane Drive, Markham, Ontario L3R 8E3, Canada (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel Toronto-Markham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Markham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
OTTAWA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here several times within the last month b/c of business. They have been renovating for at least one month now and that normally wouldn't be a problem, given that this would be the best time to do renovations. However, compared to our previous stays, there were several issues at hand because so many things were broken or under repair.

First, the vending machine was out of service. It had a piece of paper saying so, so that was alright. Things break, and I understand that, so it was okay. I wanted to get a pop from the machine across from it though, and it appeared to be in working order. I put money in, only to have it *disappear* and not go down the coin chute. Maybe there is a gap or something...after talking to the receptionist, he promptly gave us a refund, although I was a bit off put that I had to give my name and room number. I was staying for 3 days and like I said, I had stayed there several times. It's a bit insulting to think that someone staying for 3 days would try to rip them off of 3 dollars...as to my knowledge, after I had left, there was no out of order sign placed on the machine either.

The fitness room and the bathroom in the fitness room/swimming pool were also out of order for the duration of our stay. Even the whirlpool had a sign that said out of order, however it seemed to be in perfect working order when I arrived and I was able to use it during my stay.

On the plus side, I needed to send out a fax, which was done for free. I asked the attendant if he could call me when it came back, but I think he misunderstood me. I had to call back to confirm if it had been replied to, to which he did. That was a plus.

Our room seemed to have a knocking sound from the pipes either above or next to us. Perhaps this was because it was unoccupied and cold, or the heater was on too high? Sleeping was more difficult because of this.

The housekeeping staff respected our do not disturb sign, however I cannot grasp why they have to be so loud and chatty early in the morning. Since checkout is 12, some might not want to wake up until later. Sleeping in is hard to do because they are that loud. I would not expect silence but they really need to be conscious of the fact that folks still sleep in in the mornings.

One of the staff there was very courteous and friendly, holding the door for us when we carried heavy items. He was very polite!

Internet speed was average. I can't complain since it is for free (well, I guess it is included in the price of the room) but it does taper off in terms of speed in the evening.

Overall, it was an okay stay. I do not feel we should be charged regular price if so many things are not working/under renovation, but I don't run the hotel...

Room Tip: Are you a couple who wants privacy? Ask for a room on the 3rd floor without a door between the room...
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The rooms were great, much better after having been renovated. The maids were friendly, and surprisingly the food was delicious at the restaurant. Although the waited was not friendly at all and seemed as though he did not even want to be there. I had to go up to the bar to pay for my meal as he was too busy on his phone. I had an issue with the temperature of the room and the coffee maker but the front desk lady (Marie) ws kind enough to take the time to help me when no one else would. Overall it was a good stay with a comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
CINCINNATI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Every time I go to Canada for business I choose this hotel. It has a pool, fitness center, Jacuzzi, restaurant with bar (the food is surprisingly very good!!!), the rooms are updated with flat screen TVs, glass door showers with granite tops. All of this for less than $100/night. It is very accessible right at 407. The only complaint I have is that some of the AC units don't work well and they make some loud noises. It has happened in two different occasions but the staff acted promptly and changed me to another room and then called to verify that I was comfortable...that is good service...Also, the movie renting service doesn't work most of the times but that is not a big deal to me. The biggest plus is the restaurant, the breakfast is good but the dinner is just really really good...the garlic bread with cheese is like the best I've had in my life.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Park Inn By Radisson Toronto-Markham? Share your experiences!