“THIS PLACE SUCKS. DONT STAY HERE. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.” 1 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toronto - Markham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7095 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, Ontario L3R 1A3, Canada   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Orlando, Florida
“THIS PLACE SUCKS. DONT STAY HERE. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The Internet and the wifi DO NOT WORK in this hotel. They transferred me to a third room and it still does not work. I have lost so much time from work because my company is we based. I planned on getting so much done. I lost money staying here. The manager felt bad so they offered me dinner, which was horrible. Don't eat here either. The cook couldn't Even get a veggie wrap correct for one guest. The place is older and not as clean as you would expect. Garbage still full of trash from last guest. Nothing works, everything is old and shabby. Looks good at first glance but not worth it. Never again!!

• Stayed March 2013
razMarkham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered. Our records indicate that your lap top was connected and working properly in each room, but that your mobile was not connecting. Not all systems automatically connect. That is why we have a complimentary 24/7 internet help desk for any guest who wishes to avail themselves of that service. We will be reviewing our internet service as part of a major renovation that will take place starting this summer.
Thank you once again for your comments, as these will help us improve the services that we provide to all our guests.
Rawi Zayadi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

(1) I was scared when the toilet wiggled;
(2) I ordered the 'prime' rib burger from room service-cooked and then cooked again and then maybe cooked one more time to make sure it was done;
(3) Large breakfast buffet
(4) Bedding was nice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
razMarkham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
The hotel will be undergoing a major renovation through the early part of summer to refresh our appearance.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again in the very near future.
Malibu, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a convenient hotel if you have business or personal activities in the Markham area. Good restaurant in the hotel and several others including a fun local pub within walking distance. Rooms have decent light, parking is good and there is a small workout room.

Room Tip: 8th and 9th floors are for frequent Holiday Inn travelers.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
razMarkham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hi;
Thank you for your comments.
It is great to read that both the hotel and the surrounding area met your needs.
I hope that we will have the privilege of hosting you again in the very near future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Front desk staff were efficient, friendly, professional and empathetic. Good location, right off the 404 so easy access to highways. Good eateries and shopping close by. Good internet service (which was free). For the price, the room was good value. The property and the room I got looked a little dated, worn and needs attention to detail. A bit dusty in the room (especially behind the dressers when I reached down to plug in coffee maker), mildew on the grout in bath (but hard to keep away in this region due to dampness), tub didn't drain very well during shower (had to stand in a pool of my own dirty water), someone had already opened the lotion and torn the cap from it's attachment and then put it back, bed had a dip in it (aggravated my back) and throughout the room there were little things that were in need of repair. These little hiccups I see as a failure of the inspection process from the head housekeeper, management and what has been mandated at a higher level. This has been a consistent issue in the three ICH properties I have stayed at in North and South America in the last several years.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that we caused you during your stay. This is an isolated incident and certainly not reflective of the high standards that we wish to provide for our guests. Please be assured that this will be discussed with our housekeeping team, and that remedial action will be taken. Furthermore; our renovations are slated to start in late spring this year.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our true hospitality in the very near future.
ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel check in staff was friendly and helpful. She gave us a room on the 11th floor which had been renovated recently. The bed was comfortable. There was a loveseat,and chair. There was a desk and office chair. All in good condition. The heating worked well but was a bit on the loud side. The lobby was very cold. Parking was free and in a covered garage which we appreciated due to the snow and cold. The pool area was clean, the water temperature was fine, but the air temperature was too cool for comfort when out of the water. It was very cold out and perhaps the hotel heating was strained? We had taken this hotel as it was convenient to someone we were visiting. For our purposes (a decent place to sleep) it was fine.

Room Tip: We asked for a room that was not used for pets as we both have allergies.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
razMarkham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi;
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.
Thank you for letting us know that we were able to meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies, though, for the cold pool area. I agree with you that the pool area should be at a comfortable temperature no matter how cold it is outside. There was an issue with our heating system, that has since been corrected.
I hope that you will allow us to host you again during your next trip to our area.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here from 1/17 to 1/20. Got the hotel thru IHG's priority rewards program, so I cannot comment about the price/value for money. From my experience, the staff was pretty good. Check in was quick and efficient, was expecting to be offered a room upgrade because I'm a platinum member but didn't get one... however I did get free breakfast for all three nights so that was not overall. Overall, the rooms are fine. A little outdated, and the TV is pretty small, but it was it clean and the bed pretty comfortable. I will gripe about the internet, MAN it's soooo slow. And my phone and tablet lost connection to the wifi all the time, it was frustrating. Had to go down to the lobby often to get a strong signal. I need to remember to ask the front desk to be put in a room that's close to the wireless router. Anyways, considering it didn't cost me a dime I can't really complain.

Room Tip: ask for a room that's close to the wireless router!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
razMarkham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toronto - Markham, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi;
Thank you for your comments.
Please accept my apologies in regards to the internet. We are aware of the issue. Most recently we upgraded our service to 40 mb's in bandwith. We are presently negotiating to increase that to 100mb's in bandwith. I am glad that the rest of your stay was satisfactory.
We are expecting to start a renovation program in the spring of this year as part of an on going improvement plan.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the very near future.
Rawi
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have spent some time in this hotel, almost more than 20 days in Dec 2012 / Jan 2013 period. it was my home away from my actual home. Front desk staff are very helpful, rooms are clean and somewhat outdated, but hey this is an older building.
internet connection is kinda slow, but tolerable for business purposes.
As for food, food is good and priced accordingly.
Only thing is that the menu in the restaurant needs to be updated more frequently.
overall very good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi
Thank you for having chosen our hotel during your stay in Markham. Thank you also for giving us your comments.
I am glad to hear that our team's efforts were able to meet your expectations. We are expecting to start renovations in the spring of this year as part of an on going improvement plan.
Rawi
Rawi Zayadi

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Toronto - Markham? Share your experiences!