“worst customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa

You added Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8500 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario L6G 1A5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Markham
“worst customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

i sent my daughter to stay at this hotel while she was down here during the holidays..she stayed for about a month and when it came to check out we got the worst customer service ..when my daughter first checked in she gave a 150$ deposit and then every 2 days she would go down and pay for the room for the next 2 days and so on everything was great nice hotel loved the stay there until the check out date when she checked out and they gave her back 125$ instead of 150$ of the deposit so my daughter tried to ask why that is they were so rude to her so she decided to just leave and then i called in and they simply told me go figure it out ..seriously? go figure it out i have never had anybody at a hotel ever say that to me ...now we have spend about 4 thousand at this hotel this month and the gave us the worst customer service and then said we dont want you back at our hotel dont come back we wont check you in why? because we wanted to know where they 25$ went from the deposit its not about that 25$ its the principle ..conclusion is she said the cent that i didnt pay added up at the end of the month..i just cant believe how horrible the customer service was

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel easy to get in and out of even at night and not knowing the area well.

Check in a bit slow - front desk is small and only allows three agents - put one on the phone, and a dink asking every annoying question about breakfast and workout rooms, and the backup ensues.

Room size was very good

Bed very comfortable and not lumpy of saggy.

TV - Horrible - Old Sharp models with ONCOMMAND. Up/Down control won out and the stations skip. TV is locked to one aspect ration making everyone short and fat or over-scanned so the scene edges are not visible.

Shower had good pressure and hot water. Tile is aging - maintenance already using calk to plug worn out grout - mold is creeping in.

Carpet and new furniture will not hold off the inevitable for very long. Rip the bathrooms and TV system out and start over.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It's really nice hotel and decent prices. Room was clean and nice ........ The lobby is huge. And I can see the lobby from my windows.........

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Fonthill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

very grand posh hotel, you feel almost like royalty coming in the doors Typical hotel problems though, hairs in tub, heater broke during night credit card over charged when checked at home, but straightened out right away

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for 4 nights over Christmas while visiting family in the area. We paid $117/night for a 1 bedroom suite, which seemed quite reasonable. The king sized bed was very comfortable. The separate sitting area is nice to be able to spread out a bit. Bathroom was a bit small and could use an update. Parking was convenient. We didn't eat at the hotel or use any of the facilities. And the only time we interacted with staff were on check in/out - but they were friendly. Not a memorable hotel, but just fine if you want to stay in this area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am in a business strip in Toronto for 4 days and decided to stay in a nice hotel. Hilton Toronto Markham Suits looked very good even it is not next door of my office. Hotel is really nice and stuff is extremely helpful and friendly. My flight was delayed many times and I was extremely tired when I got there. So, I decided to go to a pool and steam room. I was disappointed to know that hotel has a electricity problem and pool and Jacuzzi are not working. Steam room in women side did not work as well. I used sauna, it was nice. I went to sleep early. At 11:30 at night it was a noise of drill that waked me up. I called guest services and they confirmed that the reparations are going on (11:30 at night). They stopped shortly. Next night I was waked up at 12:30 at night by… drill noise (!). I called to guest services and they said that they would stop it right away. They did. As a result I slept 3 hours both nights. When I talked about that with the reception they said that they planned reparation at a first night, so it was OK for me do not sleep. However, second night it was a mistake, so they will cover the night fees. I found the logic to be SO STRONG that I just had to write about it.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not close to any service room
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 10 years and it has been consistently good. Very clean and quiet. We usually stay in the long term suite tower as those rooms provide a kitchen and feels roomier. It is easily accessible via 401/407/404.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa? Share your experiences!