“Conference Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8500 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario L6G 1A5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Markham
“Conference Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The hotel has a modern outside and interior upon arrival. Check in was fairly easy.

Our room had two double beds, with great bedding and a comfortable mattress and pillows. The room was divided into to two areas. The living room with a TV was at the front and the bedroom with a separate door to the back with a TV in there as well. The Bathroom was in the middle. It's a great set up if someone wants to go to bed earlier than the other. Being as I was sharing the room with a coworker, this was ideal.

The Conference Centre was very well laid out as well. Food that was provided at the Conference was very good. The waiters do however need to be reminded how to serve. Many times I saw them reach across people to set dishes in front of people, and or remove them without warning or asking. It was a large group, and yes it takes longer, but I felt it was very rude.
The only other small detail the hotel needs to fix is the paper washroom "Men" & "Ladies" signs, held up with tape. They sell actual signs at Staples. Not a huge investment for a four star hotel.

We also ate at the Japanese restaurant on the premises. The service was very good and food was good and great presentation.

We also had drinks in the lounge on main floor. Has a nice seating area for gathering.

All in all I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed here before and I have never been overly impressed. However, it is a preferred hotel for my employer and I won't stay at the other preferred vendor (Delta Markham) due to a previous stay.

The room is okay but the TV sucks. Like really sucks. In this day and age, the TV would skip channels and the sleep timer didn't work. The bed was comfortable enough. And then there was the bathroom. I didn't have a shower stall or bathtub. The shower was right beside the toilet. It was the most messed up thing I've ever seen in North America. I hated it.

One night there was a fire alarm that seemed to go on forever. No apologies or explanations were offered even though it occurred at night and kept me from being able to sleep.

The continental breakfast is pretty good though and unlike most of the hotels in Markham, there is a selection of restaurants in the general vicinity of the hotel.

Also, if you need a cab in the morning be prepared to wait. And avoid the limo mafia that seems to be camped out there. Cabs are way cheaper than those guys so don't be tempted by them while you're waiting.

I probably won't stay here again since I discovered a Hilton that is closer to my Markham offices.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Nashville TN, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very well maintained hotel with many amenities. Great location if you're traveling to the northeast Toronto area. Many services and restaurants nearby and close to two major expressways. The restaurant offers a well-organized buffet with a lot of variety. Parking is convenient.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Big rooms, nice lounge and good food at the Essence restaurant. I found the cleanliness of the rooms to be very good and room service was prompt.

After those points this hotel starts to fall apart for me.

Check-in took along time, relative to other hotels. Only two people were working the desk, which is very few for a hotel this size.

Parking is not included and was charged at $10 per night. How that's not included in the room fee is strange.

Wireless internet is available but is incredibly slow. The hotel limits bandwidth usage to encourage you to buy access each day at various rates and speeds. Trying to access on my work laptop was nearly impossible, either via wifi or plugged in directly.

There are lots of amenities available at the hotel, including a pool, fitness centre and restaurant which is nice to use if you can make the time.

All in all, I think there are better hotel options out there (there is a Delta down the road) so make sure to measure what is most important to you.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
St-Jean sur Richelieu, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

nothing negatvie, only positive and the room are very nice. I would definitively recommend this hotel. High SPeed intenet is good, nice living room and bed room, 2 Televisions. :) Parking available, restaurants is good. Overall I had a good experience.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The TV in the outer room worked fine. On Saturday evening we tried to select a movie to watch on the TV in the bedroom, but could not for technical reasons. We reported this problem on Sunday morning, and someone came promptly, supposedly to fix it. On Sunday evening we tried again to watch a movie on the TV in the bedroom. Not only could we not select a movie, we could not turn off the TV all night!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had a chance to spend a couple of nights here, the nights before and after my wedding.
I had stayed here before a couple if years ago and at that time I was very satisfied and wanted to come back. However this time the stay and the service was very average.
First of all, there's no porter at the door. We had lots of luggage and there was no one to come and give us a hand. When we went to concierge and asked for a trolley, they just handed us one and let us fend for ourselves. I was extremely disappointed.
That night, the night before our wedding, there was a fire alarm at 3:30 am and all guests were asked to go to reception, which is fine. But after about half an hour, we were just asked to go back to our rooms with explanation or apology of any kinds. Again, I was more disappointed.
The good news is, the rooms are clean. Bathroom is small, but spotless. The area is good and across from a plaza with McDonald and other fast food joints.
But I got to say, I don't necessarily want to stay here again. I didn't feel like I was in a 4 star hotel.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa? Share your experiences!