“Stunning waitresses and great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 265 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Cuisines: Grill, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Secluded hide-out of a patio elevated lounge, one intimate fireside dining room and another sociable one. Semi-open kitchen and a good time had by all.
Houston, Texas
“Stunning waitresses and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My girfriend and I had dinner here on a recent trip to the Vancouver area. Fortunetly she is not at all intimidated by young beautiful girls and we both commented on what lookers the waitstaff were, every single one of them, not a dud in the lot! Kudos to the management for finding such a bevy of beauty's

The food, drink and rustic atmousphere were all great as well, we both had the salmon which was superb. I see where they have a heated outdoor patio that would be great during the winter months.

This was a terrific find, we were glad we stumbled on to it and would return in a second if in this area again. Very highly recomended - Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Ok food...ok service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We went here with our 3 yr old. They don't have a kids menu here. Selection on the regular menu is very limited.

I got the crispy chicken sandwich. It was ok, to say the least. Service is ok too.

Nothing great about this place. Everything is just average...

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“An excellent restaurant. You must try their amazing salmon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been coming here for years now. They are no longer called Joey Tomato's (they have since expanded their franchise and are now simply called: "Joey's." The quality of their food and vibrant atmosphere is still the very best you will find in the city. They also have one of the nicest heated outdoor patio areas I have been to.

Many people compare Cactus Club to Joey's. I actually think Earl's is much more similar to Joey's. Cactus Club offers a much smaller menu and they take more risks by offering less standard food fare, such as a duck sandwich, for example. Joey's and Earls both offer a much larger and better menu that will appeal to a much larger audience.

I almost always order their salmon. I won't order salmon at any other restaurant and the reason is simply that they always cook it to perfection and it is so delicious! I have often ordered salmon at other restaurants, however, I am usually disappointed with overcooked or salmon that doesn't taste fresh. Joey's has never ever let me down yet with their version. It is perfection.

They have daily drink specials which will appeal to some people and a vibrant bar area. It is a great place to come to with friends or on a date.

Overall, this is an excellent restaurant and you surely won't be disappointed if you order their salmon!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am frequently in Vancouver on business. Some coworkers and I decided to go to Joey Tomato's in Coquitlam to watch Ottawa play Montreal on a weekday afternoon. There were 2 other people in the restaurant on this weekday afternoon at 4pm. I arrived first and sat in the bar area. I asked the staff to please turn the game on. The staff obliged no problem. While I waited for my coworkers I ordered a Mojito. Delicious. We were planning on watching the Ottawa Montreal game and then the Canucks game after. We were planning on ordering drinks, appetizers, mains, and dessert. I asked the staff to please turn the sound on from the music to the game. I was told a) their policy is to only turn sound on for Canucks games b) other people may not want to hear the game (remember there were only 2 other guys in the restaurant they were sitting next to me at the bar area and I asked them if they would mind listening to the game and they replied of course not c) when i told the staff this was the nhl playoffs and two canadian teams they replied "well this is vancouver". I'm not quite sure what that means but I will say in Ottawa you can watch and listen to your team if the Senators are not on. I told the staff I was visiting Vancouver from Ottawa and I just wanted to watch my team. Fortunately for us Cactus Club Coquitlam was more than willing to accomodate us with the game on the big screens and sound and we happily spent our money there.

Visited May 2013
“The best of Grills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

First of all the entrance to this place is beautiful and it always smells good .The staff are wonderful and the food excellent never had a bad meal there .

Visited December 2012