“Last Time” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Coquitlam

Save Saved
You added Ramada Coquitlam to your Saves list
Ramada Coquitlam
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   631 Lougheed Highway, Coquitlam, British Columbia V3K 3S5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Coquitlam
Kamloops, Canada
“Last Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We normally stay at this property when in Vancouver, the last two times were awful. Not only didn't we get the rooms we asked for but they were dirty, had some kind of stain on the sheets. Coffee cups & glasses were dirty, hair in the bathtub an on the toilet. Without any problem there were over twenty different problems with our stay, and we aren't that fussy!! There are problems of not enough towels to no coffee lightener, to abysmal internet service. Open ceilings in the men's washroom at the pool area, dirty washroom and no pool towels. Not to mention the door to the men's washroom by the pool which has a chunk missing out of it! Will be contacting Ramada head office about this one.

Room Tip: Try a different location or chain.If you have to stay here, get a room in the main section and not o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Roman,
We apologize for your stay being less than satisfying. We see that your there were no charges for your room due to you complaining about your previous stay with us and requesting 2 nights complimentary where which we obliged. We did receive your list of over 30 complaints but many of them were unwarranted. It a mutual agreement that you should not book your stay with us again.

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel is clean, quite despite the location, rooms are not big enough, each room in grand level has 2 doors and I really like that so you will have outside door to access to your car, and the rate was great. Location is not bad, it is almost 10 minutes walking to the sky train station. My room was beside the storage and I was hearing housekeeping talking and discussion as I was with them but was ok for me.

Room Tip: Do not stay close to the storage, ask a room with access to your car.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Ahmad A,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to hear about our excellent customer service. We are located walking distance to the skytrain station and have several restaurants nearby. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind Regards.
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our company booked over 10 rooms with Ramada Coquitlam for our annual meeting, we all had a great time there, staff were efficient and friendly. Roms were clean and sufficient for our group. A few of my European colleagues were much impressed with the service but best of all they all loved the location, close to casino, shopping restaurants and even a movie theatre. We hope we will have our meeting there again next year, Thanks Ramada Coquitlam.................

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear DeeDee,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you and your group had a good stay with us. We are located in an area with lots of restaurants, shopping and the casino nearby. We hope that to see you and your group next year!
Kind Regards
Salmon arm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed 2 days at this hotel, everything was okay but I have been charged additional of 200 dollar for missing shower head which I did not take.I don't understand why anyone would take a shower head and also why shower head cost is 200 dollars. I had called them over 6 time to correct this but they indicated to me that manager Gloria will get back to me but she never did. I am very reasonable guy but taking additional 200 dollar without my consent or have at least honesty of notifying me that this has happened would not made me so mad.
I would not recommend you to stay at this hotel just because you can be another victim of paying over 400 dollar for staying in 2star hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear tan l,
We apologize that you experience was less than satisfying. Upon arrival all of our guests sign a registration card that states that "I agree that my liability is not waived and I agree to be held personally liable in the event that the indicated person, company or association fails to pay for any part of the full amount of my charges and I shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the premises or its content."
Parksville, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had already booked this hotel and then read the comments afterwards which made me very concerned. After arriving at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised, pleasant helpful staff member on the desk, checked in with no problems, room was clean, no bugs as reported earlier and presentable condition. Yes its an older hotel, yes it could do with updating but the prices they charge are directly related to what you get. If they charged more I would expect more. Would definitely stay there again, easy access to sky train but its a long ride downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Britsabroad7234,
We thank you taking the time out to post a review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel has very affordable rates and most guests are repeat customers because of the low rates that we offer. We hope that you will come visit us again in the near future.
Ocean Shores, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in July. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. Sadly, the rooms are in serious need of a major renovation, especially the bathrooms. The towels are very threadbare, and there must have been a shortage on washcloths, because they only gave us one for two people and my sister got none! In addition, we had booked a king room with a sofa. Our sofa was missing, and in it's place were two banquet chairs. Not very comfortable or attractive. Housecleaning staff failed to clean clean my sister's room, right next door to ours, on the second day of our stay. When we returned that evening and discovered this, she was told my the person at the desk that he was the only person there and could do nothing about it. He didn't even offer her fresh towels or room coffee, which would have helped. The grounds were also very poorly kept--lots of weeds and overgrown grass did not offer a very good view from our window. On the plus side, while the bed was too hard for my taste, my husband was fine with it , and the bedding and pillows were great. Also very quiet, even though the hotel was full. Air conditioning worked fine, as did the microwave, fridge and coffee pot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear sreason7,
Thank you for taking the time out to post your review regarding your stay with us. We apologize that there were some issues regarding housekeeping with your sisters stay. Please accept our sincere apologies. We strive to keep our guests very comfortable and maintain a high level of cleanliness. We hope that you will give us a second chance and come visit us again.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Friend told me about this hotel but I must admit I was pretty hesitant after reading a couple of their past reviews but thought I'd give it a try, I was pleasantly surprised, the front desk staff was accommodating, I had expressed concern about bugs and she told me they were on a pest control program so rooms are regularly checked and that this is part of Ramada brand requirement which gave me peace of mind. I was impressed by the large 40" flat screen TV and the excellent condition of the room, wifi signal is pretty good and steady. Rate I thought was reasonable so I would recommend this hotel and I would come back and stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Joy A,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable visit here. We strive to give our guests the best customer service we can and we appreciate you taking notice in that. We hope that you will come visit us again in the near future.
Kind Regards

Been to Ramada Coquitlam? Share your experiences!