“Do not stay at this hotel they will charge you for additional money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Coquitlam

Save Saved
You added Ramada Coquitlam to your Saves list
Ramada Coquitlam
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   631 Lougheed Highway, Coquitlam, British Columbia V3K 3S5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Coquitlam
Salmon arm
“Do not stay at this hotel they will charge you for additional money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed 2 days at this hotel, everything was okay but I have been charged additional of 200 dollar for missing shower head which I did not take.I don't understand why anyone would take a shower head and also why shower head cost is 200 dollars. I had called them over 6 time to correct this but they indicated to me that manager Gloria will get back to me but she never did. I am very reasonable guy but taking additional 200 dollar without my consent or have at least honesty of notifying me that this has happened would not made me so mad.
I would not recommend you to stay at this hotel just because you can be another victim of paying over 400 dollar for staying in 2star hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear tan l,
We apologize that you experience was less than satisfying. Upon arrival all of our guests sign a registration card that states that "I agree that my liability is not waived and I agree to be held personally liable in the event that the indicated person, company or association fails to pay for any part of the full amount of my charges and I shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the premises or its content."

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Parksville, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had already booked this hotel and then read the comments afterwards which made me very concerned. After arriving at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised, pleasant helpful staff member on the desk, checked in with no problems, room was clean, no bugs as reported earlier and presentable condition. Yes its an older hotel, yes it could do with updating but the prices they charge are directly related to what you get. If they charged more I would expect more. Would definitely stay there again, easy access to sky train but its a long ride downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Britsabroad7234,
We thank you taking the time out to post a review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel has very affordable rates and most guests are repeat customers because of the low rates that we offer. We hope that you will come visit us again in the near future.
Ocean Shores, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in July. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. Sadly, the rooms are in serious need of a major renovation, especially the bathrooms. The towels are very threadbare, and there must have been a shortage on washcloths, because they only gave us one for two people and my sister got none! In addition, we had booked a king room with a sofa. Our sofa was missing, and in it's place were two banquet chairs. Not very comfortable or attractive. Housecleaning staff failed to clean clean my sister's room, right next door to ours, on the second day of our stay. When we returned that evening and discovered this, she was told my the person at the desk that he was the only person there and could do nothing about it. He didn't even offer her fresh towels or room coffee, which would have helped. The grounds were also very poorly kept--lots of weeds and overgrown grass did not offer a very good view from our window. On the plus side, while the bed was too hard for my taste, my husband was fine with it , and the bedding and pillows were great. Also very quiet, even though the hotel was full. Air conditioning worked fine, as did the microwave, fridge and coffee pot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear sreason7,
Thank you for taking the time out to post your review regarding your stay with us. We apologize that there were some issues regarding housekeeping with your sisters stay. Please accept our sincere apologies. We strive to keep our guests very comfortable and maintain a high level of cleanliness. We hope that you will give us a second chance and come visit us again.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Friend told me about this hotel but I must admit I was pretty hesitant after reading a couple of their past reviews but thought I'd give it a try, I was pleasantly surprised, the front desk staff was accommodating, I had expressed concern about bugs and she told me they were on a pest control program so rooms are regularly checked and that this is part of Ramada brand requirement which gave me peace of mind. I was impressed by the large 40" flat screen TV and the excellent condition of the room, wifi signal is pretty good and steady. Rate I thought was reasonable so I would recommend this hotel and I would come back and stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Joy A,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable visit here. We strive to give our guests the best customer service we can and we appreciate you taking notice in that. We hope that you will come visit us again in the near future.
Kind Regards
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here for 7 nights. This hotel has a pleasant and accommodating staff, and it's near shopping and restaurants. But the hotel is very run down, and the rooms were not clean. It's hard to get comfortable when you're surrounded by grime. The pool area looked dirty too. The AC/heating unit was not working. The room had very few outlets which made charging our phones and tablets difficult. The internet access was unreliable. It was better in the rooms in the main building. We switched rooms a few times, and none of them looked anything like the pictures they provide.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear CGTL,
Thank you for you feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize that you experienced some inconveniences and we assure you we will make sure to prevent this from happening again. We hope that you see you again in the near future.
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent 14 days at this property, during recent business trip. Clean and Comfortable rooms. Loved the indoor pool & spa, after a busy day. Staff very pleasant and helpfull. Thank you Gloria, Linda, and Olivia. Plan to bring my family on next visit.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor. Very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear uhuru1963,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We see that you enjoyed our indoor heated pool and hot tub. Many guests come stay here because of our spa area. Great place to unwind. We thank you for taking they time out to post your review. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Family emergency resulted quick travel arrngements and making hotel reservation without normal due diligence. Relied on the Ramada name - BIG mistake!!! This is an old 2 storey motel on the side of the highway that saw its best days long ago. Very surprised to see the Ramada label attached, but a sign does say it is privately owned and operated. A bit sketchy, but thought room looked Ok - dated, odd counter and sink in tbe room, single pane windows that rattled in the frames. Decided to chek the bed beore I settled in - pulled back sheet and there were live bugs moving. Gross! Left right away. Clerk did not seem surprised when I reported the bed bugs.

One star is too much or this dive.

Found another first class hotel a few bloks west or only $10 more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
womanagment, Manager at Ramada Coquitlam, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear CanTravel106,
These claims that you have made are incorrect and defamatory and we take this very seriously. Not only does this affect our business but putting false accusations affects our staff. We have a contract with a pest control company who come in on a monthly visit. The day you made this claim they were contacted and confirmed that there was absolutely no bed bug activity at our property. We have a letter of authorization to prove this. We suggest that you get your facts straight before posting lies on the TripAdvisor website.

Been to Ramada Coquitlam? Share your experiences!