“Too bad ,if the food is as nice as the scenery around the resturant, I would definitely come back!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Observatory at Grouse Mountain

The Observatory at Grouse Mountain
6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7R 4KG, Canada
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Observatory at Grouse Mountain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 296 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Take bus 236 from Lonsdale Quay. It will bring you to the base of the Skyride.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

The spending of each guest for a 3 course dinner is about $100 including HST and tips without any alcohol drinks. It is not so expensive because it included a free gandola ride BUT the food is so............disappointing!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Lynnwood, Washington
“Don't waste your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The view is extraordinary; BUT you get the same view from other areas at the top of Grouse Mtn. Food at The Observatory is all about the presentation, which was indeed beautiful, but taste and portion size were a disappointment, service was excellent. Appetizer, entree and one cocktail plus tip was $80/person (though the skyride up the mountain, a $40 value, was complimentary with advance dinner reservation). For the same money, you'd get the ride up, a better and bigger dinner plus a couple of drinks, and the same view at Altitudes.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Too little and odd foods for price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This may be a good restaurant for the true gourmet fiend. It is a place where they serve many things we had never seen on a menu. It was hard to find something that we knew we would love, and it was expensive to 'try' something. Even with the price of our day-pass to the mtn (~$90 USD) subtracted from the bill, the remaining bill was $120 USD with the tip. The only saving grace was to me was that the drink that my BF got (blueberry citrus something) was fantastic and the dessert was good but again very small bits of each.

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Where was our server?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I called in 2 weeks in advance to make a reservation for my 3 year wedding anniversary and specifically asked for a table with a view, upon our early arrival we were seated in the middle/back of the restaurant with no view and not a care from the staff. The server forgot my husband's beer which he wrote down, the food took a long time, though we were given an excellent amuse bouche, and when it did arrive the food was great. The service, waitstaff, and speed were terrible. The attitudes of the staff were also horrible. I sometimes feel I get treated this way because I am about their age and "look young" therefore the respect or care is lacking. I feel if I am making reservations, paying the same, that I should be treated the same way all guests are treated. I dont think I would visit the Observatory again when I could simply go next door to Altitudes bistro where the servers are nice, friendly, efficient, and the views are the same for a better price.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Top food and views of Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The meal and service was first class. The timings for the delivery of each course were excellent. The wine provided was top notch. The whole evening was faultless. Initially we were concerned with some of the documented experience offered after reading other reviews, we found the whole experience the complete opposite, excellent!!! Great experience and value for money
If you bought tickets to get into Grouse, these are deducted from the price of your meal, so it cost just over 100 cda, inc wine, for a 3 course meal, for 2 people.

Visited June 2012