“Incredible Dessert” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 296 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Incredible Dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I had fairly delicious dinner at Cactus Club one night, but what made the experience so incredible was the stellar dessert we adored. We requested the Apple Galette, but they had sold out. I felt a little disappointed and my server (Joeh) said just a second. He came back and said that the chef in the kitchen would make one fresh for us if we wanted to wait. Even though it was late, we said, "sure!"

My goodness, the pastry was perfect. Absolutely perfect. The combination of apple, ice cream and caramel on top of it was delectable. Thank you to the chef, the server and Cactus Club for one of the most memorable dessert experiences of my life.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Three of us went for dinner to the Cactus Club on Pemberton and sat on their great little outside patio, on this warm Summer July night. From arriving to leaving, we all commented on the general lack of customer service and enthusiasm, right from the hostess that seated us to our waitress. It almost appeared like the staff at this Cactus Club were away on vacation, while just going through the motions of doing their jobs. The food came late and the two salad entries we ordered, arrived short of several ingredients that were noted on the menu. The food quality was very average (and expensive), portion sizes small and nothing was offered to us to compensate for the inconvenience of receiving our order, short of ingredients. We have enjoyed other Cactus Club locations in past, but will not return to this one!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Abbotsford, Canada
“Nice and somewhat expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went with my wife for a dinner. It is good that it opens till late. The place is big, wonderful, with a lot of screens, nice service. The test and menu are great. It is not cheap! It was noisy and I had to screem so that my wife can hear me

Visited October 2012
North Vancouver, Canada
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

upscale pub style food with west coast flare. The food is good and is always consistent.My friend and i come here at least once a week and love the incredible service.The beautiful servers always ask about my day and remember what i like to drink.Very interesting decor and patio seating catches the afternoon sun nicely.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“The original Cactus Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We thought it was great to actually have lunch on a Sunday at Rob Feeney's original Cactus Club restaurant! The atmosphere is interesting to say the least (photos to be included)
The servings are good sized, pricing a bit on the higher side, but for locals, probably what is expected in a cosmopolitan city like Vancouver/North Vancouver.
Location: not what people expect as it seems to be in a working area, rather than a sleek street with lots of restaurants around
Would I return: definitely as I enjoy the decor