“Thank you, Margaret!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast

You added Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   462 East 1st Street, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7L 1B7, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Upgrade to Ocean view ;
Toronto, Canada
“Thank you, Margaret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Dear Margaret
Thank you for your warm hospitality during our stay at your B&B. Everything was wonderful: cozy room with a magnificent view of the city, home made breakfast, etc. It was so nice to be close to the public transportation and yet be able to get away from the bustle of the city. Even though we were in Vancouver only for one day, both I and my friend fell in love with the city, and we owe a great part of that to your hospitality. Thank you for making our stay in the beautiful city an unforgettable one. I will definitely come back to Vancouver, and stay at your place longer next time. Thanks again, and hope to see you again!
Ayako

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed at the Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast in North Vancouver for a month or so in early 2006. I found the place ideal for such an extended stay: I had a spacious and clean room with a well-appointed bathroom, good Wi-fi, and a terrific view of the inlet and the city beyond.

The meals were also excellent, with a variety of fresh and hot meals every morning. Our hosts and their puggle were very welcoming and always made time for me and for the other guests. I was basically in limbo while in Vancouver for the duration, waiting for a visa situation to clear up; I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Last year (june '10) we stayed at Ocean Breeze B&B, an exellent experience. We enjoyed the stay in the self-contained appartment, which was perfect for us (3 adults). Margret and Norbert are very warm and friendly, with a good knowledge of the things to do in and around Vancouver. They made our stay a very pleasant one, with the hospitality as if we were close family.
Besides the warmth, the location is also very good. The B&B is situated in a quiet area, but very close to the Sea Bus Terminal (a good 10 minute walk) which will take you to downtown Vancouver.
For me it's obvious that my next visit to Vancouver will not be complete without a visit to Margret and Norbert and I definitely want to stay there again !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Vlaardingen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

In June 2010 I was in Ocean Breeze for the first time, together with my brother and mum. Mum was already very ill then and Margaret & Norbert did everything they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible. As soon as we walked in, the wine came out of the fridge... What a welcome! A few days later we were invited to a dinner party in the garden that we enjoyed very much. We stayed in the Tiramisu Suite, which was perfect for the occasion. A seperate bedroom and the livingroom with kitchenette. Great bathroom with more than enough towels. That time we had a rental car and we could easily park at the back of the home, right at the entrance of the Tiramisu Suite. Margaret really had great tips to go sightseeing in (North) Vancouver. We really cherise the memories we created when we were in Vancouver. I actually cried when we had to leave Ocean Breeze.

A year later (September 2011) I came back by myself. And it was like going back to family. Margaret & Norbert really went out of their way to make me feel welcome and at home again. We had a dinnerparty with all the B&B guests and we had a lovely time. They are so generous! This time it was just me and I had no car. This was not a problem as the Sea Bus Terminal is only 10-15 mins walk from the B&B. Perfect. Often Norbert or Margaret would give me a ride if they had time. This time I stayed in the mainhouse and the room was very cosy, clean and well-equiped. And also this time it was hard to leave my home away from home.

Breakfast was always delicous. Freshly made, good company, plenty of food...

I would most definately recommand this B&B to my friends and I will most definately come back here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I had a terrific time at Ocean Breeze when I stayed there for a week in August. Margaret is a very welcoming and generous host, as well as being very knowledgeable about what to see and do in Vancouver. Nothing is too much trouble for her. Her home is beautiful; very welcoming and very comfortable. Her breakfasts are magnificent - just what a tourist needs for a hard day's sight- seeing. The food is plentiful, very fresh, very healthy and cooked right in front of you in Margaret's kitchen. The room I had was clean, beautifully decorated, with an enormous and luxurious bathroom, as well as a great view across the Harbour to Vancouver City and Canada Place. I hope to visit Vancouver again some day, and I will most definitely choose to stay with Margaret at Ocean Breeze again - and will tell all my Australian friends about her warmth and friendliness, as well as the comfort and beauty of her home.

Room Tip: If you can't find a photo of the room you want, or are offered, on the website, email Margaret a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

That was our 3rd visit to Ocean Breeze and we decided to share our experience with everybody looking for quality place while in Vancouver.We had superb stay again. Breakfast at Ocean Breeze is top quality,customized with several choices and best ingredients.Me and my wife are coffee lovers and let me tell you - the serve highest end Italian coffee. Every time we were staying in different room and loved them all,however front rooms with balcony and fantastic view of Vancouver harbor are our favorite. Place is located near all kinds of restaurants you can possibly imagine however after breakfast at Ocean Breeze you don't think about lunch you can trust me. Last stay we also had amazing barbecue party made for all the guests by Norbert and Margaret since the weather was nice and they had another couple from Germany who were staying there five times in the past years!!! We had fantastic food and time with all the guests and the hosts were outstanding as usual. The only bad thing about this B&B is that we not going to be back for Canadian holiday next year . We hope to be back in 2013 !!! We found about Ocean Breeze from our neighbors some years ago and we going to recommend this B&B to all our friend after this amazing experience. In our opinion there is no better recommendation than returning guests like yourself and many others they had and have every year. Wish you all same experience Norman&Helen.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Reading the comment below I had to comment because Margaret is one of the most wonderful hosts I have the opportunity to meet and she made me and my partner feel very welcome and made our stay in Vancouver one to remember for 2 lifetimes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!