“Wouldn't pay a cen't to stay in this dump.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Vancouver Lion's Gate

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Vancouver Lion's Gate to your Saves list
Travelodge Vancouver Lion's Gate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2060 Marine Drive, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7P 1V7, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in North Vancouver
Squamish, Canada
“Wouldn't pay a cen't to stay in this dump.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the beginning of September. WE have a dog so asked for a pet friendly room but we didn't assume we would be thrown into a filthy and disgusting room. As a housekeeper for a large hotel in BC, the things I found in this room were appalling and it shows very little dedication from the housekeeping staff at this hotel. Our shower was not cleaned at all, there was an old shower gel label stuck to the tiles and blue shower gel dripped all down the wall in the shower. No lighting in the shower so you cant see much at all and its very squishy, pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor, top of toilet was filthy with black muk on it. The handle to the desk drawer had white sticky stuff all over it, the coffee package was open and it had old sticky food residue stuck on it, coffee machine wasn't clean and old coffee filter left in it, carpets nasty wouldn't walk without my shoes on in the room, curtains smelled disgusting infact the entire room smelled gross. Thick layer of dust all over air conditioner that looks like its from the 18th century. My husband and I actually pullled back our bedding to assure they didn't just make the bed up with used sheets.. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone its definitly not worth the price. If I was a housekeeper at this hotel I would be embarrassed at the work going into the rooms. Take some pride! and do a good job! ppl have to pay good money to stay in these places and we should get our dollars worth! If you want your moneys worth and want the feeling of being in a safe, clean, saniztized place then do not stay here!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! no good rooms!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Randy_Price, General Manager at Travelodge Vancouver Lion's Gate, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I was extremely dissapointed to read your comments on the housekeeping in your particular room. If you would be kind enough to contact me directly, I would like to address your concerns but need more information in order to do this. I encourage all of our guests to let us know if there is anything that does not meet your expectations so that we have the opportunity to address them right away.

Kind Regards

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed for one night. I know it is a discount hotel with no frills, so the price was great. Room was very clean. Front staff were very helpful and manager knowlegable of the area (where to eat, shop, etc). I have been there several times in past and have always been happy with experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Randy_Price, Manager at Travelodge Vancouver Lion's Gate, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments! We are pleased that you received the value you were looking for while visiting us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Booked online as I already stayed there once and it was ok ( first time ). Big mistake... As I came to find out, two rooms down can be the difference from heaven to hell.

Where do I start... First thing that hit me hard as I opened the room was the strong wet dog smell. This hotel allows guests to bring their pets and it clearly shows.

Carpet was badly stained, see photos.

Desk chair also badly stained.

Uncomfortable bed, way too hard.

wiFi does NOT work inside the room! I had to go to the lobby to use it.

Way too pricey for the room you get. I can't recommend this hotel to anyone unless you have pets and need a place that allows them.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We take all of our customers concerns very seriously, and your comments are being addressed. Because of comments like yours regarding the internet, we worked with our internet provider to arrange for an upgrade to the free wireless equipment which is being installed tomorrow. The issues you experienced with the carpet and chair were already addressed as we have contracted a new cleaning company to insure future guests arrive to a more welcoming enviornment.
Regards

Vancouver, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were traveling as a family and had a 60 pound Border Collie with us so we are used to getting pet rooms that are not the best in the hotel. We've never had to ask for a new room though. The room my daughter got was so smokey (No Smoking sign right on the door) that my throat started to close up as I was carrying bags in. My husband went to see about a different room and was told by a very helpful lady at the front counter (Rainbow?) that Canadian smoking policy is that you can't smoke in the room, but people smoke in the doorways and the smoke often blows back into the room. No kidding. The new room she got was much better but still had a faint aroma of urine.

The place looks like they are trying to update. Some of the furniture/fixtures are newer and some are beat up and shabby. Even the non pet room my husband and I got had an unpleasant, musty odor. It took forever to get the water temperature adjusted and there wasn't even a soap dish in the shower.

We were in the back and had little road noise. There was plenty of parking. The location was easy to find but the neighborhood didn't look very good.

All in all, it was a very unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: It is very quiet near the back.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

On a mini break and never slept a wink - noisy place to stay.
Bed uncomfortable and the shower was like a mini dungeon - not even a shelf to stand your shower gel on. Staff were fine.
On the whole - not for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Vancouver Lion's Gate? Share your experiences!