Recently took a trip to Vancouver to visit family and take a trip to Whistler for a few days before continuing on to Australia. My boyfriend and I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and it seemed like a good deal, however, I was skeptical and was concerned about it being in North Van and its proximity to the attractions on the other side of the water. As it turned out, we could not have picked a better hotel. Being in North Van just meant we had to take the sea bus, this was not really an issue at all as they came regularly and it only takes 12 mins or so to cross. Once you reach North Vancouver, the hotel is right in front of the sea bus terminal. What made this hotel special to us was that there was a great market downstairs that had a fantastic variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers and excellent breakfast/lunch spots. We actually enjoyed taking the sea bus, it felt nice to get away from the bustle of the city centre at the end of the day.
It's hard to find a quality hotel in Vancouver at this price point. The rooms were renovated, modern, provided good temp control and were overall quite comfortable. I ended up checking into this hotel three times in total during my 3 week trip, once upon arrival in Vancouver, once upon the return from Whistler and a third time on an overnight stopover on the way home from Australia. No complaints regarding any of the 3 rooms. They allowed me to check in early after a 15 hour flight from Sydney. I'm still so thankful that they could do that for me.
The only thing that may be of concern to anyone is if you have to catch an early flight, the sea bus doesn't start running until 6am, I had to get a cab (costs $60) to catch a 7am flight. I was ok with that but it may be of concern if you are on a very tight budget and would like to take public transport. It takes about 45-60 mins to travel from the hotel to YVR airport.
Overall, a lovely hotel with a great value for your money.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale Quay North Vancouver
- Hotel Lonsdale Quay
- Lonsdale Quay Hotel North Vancouver
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come for the Experience! Located on the spectacular North Vancouver waterfront! The Lonsdale Quay Hotel is a gateway to Vancouver's attractions, Whistler and major North Vancouver businesses. Whether for business or pleasure, our hotel is your best choice on the north shore of Vancouver! Explore our new Executive Rooms, Junior Suites and Standard rooms! Our Waterfront Boutique property will leave you with lasting memories. Fantastic Vancouver waterfront boutique hotel located in a vibrant market and shops. Your best North Vancouver Hotel choice. Accessible to all attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lonsdale Quay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.