My wife and I were in this hotel because one of our grandsons was to play in a hockey tournament in Burnaby.
The hiotel is situated in a quiet area and has a pleasing appearance from afar and close up. It has ample parking spaces.
The hotel was certainly five star: the reception desk was very good, having everything ready for us on check in; the housekeeping ladies were very efficient and amenable to adjusting their hours of cleaning to accommodate tired hockey players who had to sleep in late or sleep in the afternoon; the room was spotless and, although we hung our towels up each morning, to say we did not need clean ones, they were always changed anyway; the wi-fi worked well; we had a good view from the second floor and a quiet room; and the beds and pillows were comfortable.
There is a rather odd-shaped indoor pool, which is not much use if you want to swim lengths, but fine for kids to play in.
The npn-owned restuarant was fair, but not up to the same standard as the hotel, service being slow and the menu being ho-hum, i.e. low average.
However, there is a non-owned pub, which is owned and run by Fritz (that's his last name, but what he goes by) which is simply superb and certainly up to the standard of a five-star hotel. Fritz is a wonderful man who celebrates and displays items and souvenirs of wartime Britain, hence the name of the pub, Churchill's.
All-in-all, we would obviously go back to this hotel if we were in the area.
One con, however, is that the only stores within two or more kilometres were a convenience store across the street and a liquor store next door. In other words, to get to any stores or entertainment, you do need a car. Or a taxi, which explains why there was always at least one cab sitting outside the main entrance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning hotel conveniently located off Highway 1. Spacious rooms and suites with features that include microwaves, fridges, free internet access, free parking & bottled water. Great amenities include restaurant, lounge, banquet rooms, indoor pool, fitness centre, hot tub & sauna. Pet friendly and accessible rooms offered.20 min drive to Downtown Vancouver and only 90 min drive from Whistler and minutes from Grouse & Cypress Mountains, Capilano Suspension Bridge, PNE & Deep Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites North Vancouver
- Holiday Inn North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Holiday Inn