“It was a comfortable place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Capilano Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Capilano Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Capilano Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1634 Capilano Road, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7P 3B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in North Vancouver
“It was a comfortable place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were hoping for a place with free breakfast, but couldn't find one. This place is a little on the old side, but was clean and comfortable. The doors lead to outdoor balconies, but we were able to get fresh air, which was nice. The swimming pool was outdoor, but it was really warm (it was kind of a cold day). The kids had a good time in it. We read the reviews and stayed away from the pancake restaurant (over-priced and not that great). We went to Tom Horton's (sorry if I got the name wrong) up the street for a very decently priced breakfast of egg sandwiches, donuts, and beverages. McDonalds isn't too far either. The weight room is off-site, but my husband used it once and said it was really good. The folks at the hotel were extremely helpful with advice about the area and places to eat. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

my parents and i spent 1 night there. and it was HORRIBLE!

the Bathtub didn't drain. and the sink was chipped.

there was no microwave or fridge in the room and was on my printed itinerary from best western. i was told "we're sold out" i didnt even get a sorry.

we asked for a rollaway and it didnt have a blanket. when i asked for a blanket i was told to come to the front desk and get it.

the staff at checkout was better. def not worth the price.

Room Tip: make sure the bathtub drains before you get into the shower.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Upon arriving to the hotel and checking into our room, Michelle, the front desk employee was very rude in demanding that we did not have the proper paperwork. Regardless of the nature of the paperwork, she was not pleasant to deal with in the way she went about the matter and spoke much too loudly for how close we were standing.

I can only say I enjoyed my stay at this hotel (motel?) because there were so many faults to laugh at. I wish I could say the hotel was clean but after finding a slice of dried apple behind the nightstand, and washing my face with a towel that smelled like a cigarette smoke-filled bowling alley, our room left much to be desired. As for the smell of the room itself, it was initially an overpowering mix of old carpet and nilodor air-freshener.

Upon opening the window in the cupboard-sized bathroom, it literally fell out of its track and became jammed. We almost thought we weren't going to able to close it. Thankfully we did; otherwise we would have had the fortune of falling asleep to the sound of drunk teenagers dealing drugs behind the adjacent convenience store directly outside our window.

Could we open the large front windows? Sure we could. Could we keep out bugs? Nope. None of the windows had screens. I hope everyone likes pillows; our two-bed room had nine! However, you might need that many pillows to drown out the vehicle noise coming from the road.

In summary, this hotel looks like a old motel, was much too expensive, deviated from the quality usually associated with Best Western, and I would have much preferred to stay in another hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bowen Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I stay in Best Westerns on a pretty regular basis in both Canada and the U.S. and have done so for many years. Last month, on April 20, we had occasion to overnight in North Vancouver and chose the Best Western Capilano Inn & Suites. We had booked our Unit over the telephone with the General Manager, Zahir, the afternoon before we were due to arrive. Zahir was unbelievably cordial and helpful and promised us a quiet upstairs room which I had requested and which he delivered on. The Hotel is in a great location, our Room was spotless and, although we did not have time to enjoy the Restaurant, it looked suberb. Although this is not a new Hotel, it is well kept throughout and WE WILL RETURN - Peter & Ann.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

At different times I must stay on the road. I've found the Best Western has become my second home. Staff has been great. Real accommodating. Each Best Western I've stayed at all have something different in features. I've stated in both the US and Canada and have it the best value for the dollar. I will be back to stay again in July.
Thank You Best Western.
Jeff Martin

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just a few blocks away from the Capilano Suspension Bridge attraction. Reasonably priced and clean. They even registered me for a frequent traveller account. Smooth checkin & checkout. Has attached restaurant for breakfast. Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Capilano Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!